+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Immigration Law.

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Folks,
Of what benefit or disadvantage will the new proposed change to Canadian Immigration Laws be to prospective immigrants on the queue.

Oloye

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
HiOlaoye, I also read about the change on immigration law. I think it will be of advantage to those whose applications are pending. I understand it will first come first serve process. It might be a long wait for those applying now.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

martha marita said:
HiOlaoye, I also read about the change on immigration law. I think it will be of advantage to those whose applications are pending. I understand it will first come first serve process. It might be a long wait for those applying now.
It won't be first come first served, because thats what it is now. What will probably happen is that applicants with jobs in demand will be processed first, no matter when they applied, if the job skills are not in demand, then the applicant will probably remain in the backlog.

PMM

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Still hope to know which skill jobs are in demand in Canada. Let us know please.

Oloye

ManiB

Star Member
May 11, 2007
PMM said:
Hi

martha marita said:
It won't be first come first served, because thats what it is now. What will probably happen is that applicants with jobs in demand will be processed first, no matter when they applied, if the job skills are not in demand, then the applicant will probably remain in the backlog.

PMM
Hi PMM,

So do you think they'll sift through the backlog of applications for the job skills in demand first (no matter when they applied), or only the applications received after 27 feb '08?

I only applied in Nov '07 and have missed the deadline date for the new proposal. Just an idea but what are your thoughts on cancelling my existing appilcation and re-applying?

Thanks
M

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ManiB said:
PMM said:
Hi

martha marita said:

PMM
Hi PMM,

So do you think they'll sift through the backlog of applications for the job skills in demand first (no matter when they applied), or only the applications received after 27 feb '08?

I only applied in Nov '07 and have missed the deadline date for the new proposal. Just an idea but what are your thoughts on cancelling my existing appilcation and re-applying?

Thanks
M
1. When the changes are made, I think that they will sift through the previous applications looking for skills in demand.
2. Don't withdraw, you will probably benefit from both the present law and the proposed one.
3. I think that it will hurt the PHD students, who can meet the points, but only have a year or 2 of research assistant work.

PMM

ManiB

Star Member
May 11, 2007
Thanks for your thoughts PMM. Always appreciated.

Lets hope that when they get round to looking at my application, IT is still in demand.
I've noticed that the processing timescales for London have gone down from 42-48 months to 31 to 38 months as of 6th feb 08 so fingers crossed.

Thanks again!

Danica Uy

Nov 12, 2007
Hi ManiB,

Kumusta! Got interested in your last post re-processing time in London. Where did you find the info? Mine was 42 to 48 mos. Nov. 07 AOR. Salamat.

ManiB

Star Member
May 11, 2007
Hi Danica Uy,

Have a look on the CIC website its on there. Its also on David Cohen's website too.

All the best