+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New immigrants to Canada meetings/gatherings for each province

potential_resident

Star Member
Jan 21, 2013
Halo all,

I have an idea (maybe someone has already thought about it): does anybody hold or know of meetings/gatherings immigrants to Canada can hold to discuss various issues face to face, gain networks and make new friends on the way?

I think I should set something up but wondering if people would be interested in this. I need to research more on this for example benefits, what will be covered etc....

Just wondering,

Thanks to all, regards to all

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There was one:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/toronto-meet-on-5th-sep-2011-t81417.0.html

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Or, try meetups:

http://www.meetup.com/find/

kingkong1

Star Member
May 18, 2013
You won't want to come to Canada if you attend one of those meetings and find out what immigrants, (honestly not just immigrants but also native Canadians) are going through here in Canada. The recent Calgary and Toronto floods that remind people of floods in third world countries like Philippine or Bangladeshi and the recent freight train crash and explosion in Montreal instantly killing dozens of people sleeping peacefully in their homes. This is just the tip of an iceberg.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kingkong1 said:
You won't want to come to Canada if you attend one of those meetings and find out what immigrants, (honestly not just immigrants but also native Canadians) are going through here in Canada. The recent Calgary and Toronto floods that remind people of floods in third world countries like Philippine or Bangladeshi and the recent freight train crash and explosion in Montreal instantly killing dozens of people sleeping peacefully in their homes. This is just the tip of an iceberg.
Germany experienced flooding last month. A first world country.

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
steaky said:
Germany experienced flooding last month. A first world country.
Floods from Hurricane Katrina or the El Nino Floods in California must have happened to another country. :D

Surely not the US, flooding only happens to third world countries! ;)

Can't take that guy's posts seriously.

kingkong1

Star Member
May 18, 2013
Bargeld said:
Floods from Hurricane Katrina or the El Nino Floods in California must have happened to another country. :D

Surely not the US, flooding only happens to third world countries! ;)

Can't take that guy's posts seriously.
Why bring in the US here again? At least people in the US aren't burnt alive to ashes while sleeping in their bedrooms like the people in Montreal, are they? And there was this Chinese immigrant (a student at Concordia) who was decapitated, his limbs cut off and his body parts desecrated and dumped off all over Canada, all this captured on video and posted online so that every sick-minded immigrant-hating white supremacist Canadian can enjoy. Does this kind of stuff happen in the US?

Speaking of natural disasters, they do happen in the US but if Canada has the same level of natural disasters as the US has, it won't survive like the US does. I lived in the South and Midwest, and I know what tornadoes and hurricanes are like down there. Compared to that, what we have here is nothing--the rain we had in Toronto and Calgary is just a drop in the bucket! But what happened here? You wake up the next day and you find yourself in a flooded city in Bangladesh or Philippine. What a joke!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kingkong1 said:
Why bring in the US here again? At least people in the US aren't burnt alive to ashes while sleeping in their bedrooms like the people in Montreal, are they? And there was this Chinese immigrant (a student at Concordia) who was decapitated, his limbs cut off and his body parts desecrated and dumped off all over Canada, all this captured on video and posted online so that every sick-minded immigrant-hating white supremacist Canadians can enjoy. Does this kind of stuff happen in the US?
The victim was a international student from China. He's not an immigrant yet.

Speaking of natural disasters, you can google Hurricane Sandy of last year. You can compare the effects of this storm in Canada vs. the USA. You can see Canada and USA both survives.

kingkong1

Star Member
May 18, 2013
steaky said:
The victim was a foreign student from China. He's not an immigrant yet.

Speaking of natural disasters, you can google Hurricane Sandy of last year. You can compare the effects of this storm in Canada vs. the USA. You can see Canada and USA both survives.
steaky,

As a fellow Chinese citizen, how do you feel about this Chinese victim? Did you cry?

I know this Chinese girl left dead on the street after getting hit by a car. A white Canadian jackass came over and stole her purse instead of helping her in Hamilton, Ontario.... She was a prep school student. What a racist society we live in!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kingkong1 said:
I know this Chinese girl left dead on the street after getting hit by a car. A white Canadian jackass came over and stole her purse instead of helping her in Hamilton, Ontario.... She was a prep school student. What a racist society we live in!
These might happened in many countries in the world. I don't see this had anything to do with racism.

kingkong1

Star Member
May 18, 2013
steaky said:
These might happened in many countries in the world. I don't see this had anything to do with racism.
This kind of thing doesn't happen in a civilized society. It happens in a savage country.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kingkong1 said:
This kind of thing doesn't happen in a civilized society. It happens in a savage country.
So you come from a savage country? Jurrasic Park or the Lost World? :D

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
kingkong1 said:
Philippines or Bangladesh? Better you don't exemplify the latter for any other worse condition. :D

kingkong1 said:
No, that's called a government-created ponzi scheme!

What I am talking about is far from living a lavish lifestyle but just a modest living. Anybody who thinks someone can live a lavish lifestyle with $50K or $100K over the years after arriving in Canada is out of his mind. You can probably live a lavish lifestyle with that much money in Bangladeshi, but not in Canada. LOL.

Hmmm, let's see if this guy shuts down and deletes this thread again.
CAD$ 100K will not even buy you a BMW/Benz in Bangladesh. What lifestyle is 'lavish' then?

And +5/-17, you must be saying something wrong here that's pissing most people off.