+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New hearing in 10 months, will it be canceled again?

Mancoyvib

Star Member
May 15, 2017
I had my first hearing in August 2017 but was postponed, my new date is in June. I’m just wondering if there’s a chance being postponed again, waiting is very stressful.

ale87

May 2, 2018
I had my first hearing in August 2017 but was postponed, my new date is in June. I’m just wondering if there’s a chance being postponed again, waiting is very stressful.
Same situation here, mine was in January 2017 and was postponed twice. They are scheduling a lot in June. I was scheduled for this June too and they postponed it to July only ! So hopefully yours will happen in June

Mancoyvib

Star Member
May 15, 2017
Same situation here, mine was in January 2017 and was postponed twice. They are scheduling a lot in June. I was scheduled for this June too and they postponed it to July only ! So hopefully yours will happen in June
That’s not bad just 1 month but somebody told me if they postponed twice you get approved without a hearing, I doubt that though. I never heard anyone’s hearing canceled twice

ale87

May 2, 2018
That’s not bad just 1 month but somebody told me if they postponed twice you get approved without a hearing, I doubt that though. I never heard anyone’s hearing canceled twice
Only Syrians get refugee status without hearing. Am not Syrian. My hearing was postponed three times !! Was scheduled in January 2017 and then may 2017 and then finally this June to July by three weeks delay I guess it was related to lack of judges ..
do you have any idea about the waiting time for decision after the hearing? It says in their website they answer same day but it's not true

Mancoyvib

Star Member
May 15, 2017
Only Syrians get refugee status without hearing. Am not Syrian. My hearing was postponed three times !! Was scheduled in January 2017 and then may 2017 and then finally this June to July by three weeks delay I guess it was related to lack of judges ..
do you have any idea about the waiting time for decision after the hearing? It says in their website they answer same day but it's not true
They answer verbally that day, then letter in the mail