+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New hearing dates and decision!!

NewinKit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Yes I got accepted. When the board member entered the room he said this is a short hearing and is scheduled for 90 minutes. And it didnt actually last longer than that.

I was lucky to have a board member who seems to be very understanding. He did ask everything I expected him to ask about my claim. It isnt really as difficult as we may imagine, if your story is true you shouldnt have issues :)

By keeping your answers short, I mean do not provide unnecessary details. If you are asked When? Provide a date. If you are asked Where? Mention the name of the place. If they need to know more they will ask you to elaborate, so no need to provide long irrelevant answers. Hope that helps

Reactions: 9990 and Saba321

Saba321

Jan 26, 2018
Yes I got accepted. When the board member entered the room he said this is a short hearing and is scheduled for 90 minutes. And it didnt actually last longer than that.

I was lucky to have a board member who seems to be very understanding. He did ask everything I expected him to ask about my claim. It isnt really as difficult as we may imagine, if your story is true you shouldnt have issues :)

By keeping your answers short, I mean do not provide unnecessary details. If you are asked When? Provide a date. If you are asked Where? Mention the name of the place. If they need to know more they will ask you to elaborate, so no need to provide long irrelevant answers. Hope that helps
Ok than

Jan 10, 2017
Hello everyone!

Just had my had my hearing today and my refugee claim was accepted!

To give you an idea of my timeline, I arrived in Canada April 2018, hearing at the border was scheduled for August 2018. We recieved a letter later that it was postponed. The new date was recieved months later and was sceduled for June 2019. A day before the hearing it got postponed and the reason given was that the board member wasnt available and a new date was given immediately.

One advice would be to have a mock hearing as it is very important and will prepare you for the actual hearing. Also only provide short answers unless asked to explain.

Let me know if you have any questions!
Congratulations...... :):):):);););)

9999Sam

Star Member
Sep 23, 2019

Congratulations.

S433d

Oct 6, 2019
Applied Oct 2018 still waiting for hearing date.
Its will be nice if you can share about hearings and the date you applied on ?

Jan 10, 2017
I applied in July 2018 and still waiting for a hearing date even though I submitted application at IRB to schedule my hearing after waiting for 14 months but application was refused, now I'm really realizing that I'm in a loophole.

Babaac

Jul 28, 2014
Hello everyone!

Just had my had my hearing today and my refugee claim was accepted!

To give you an idea of my timeline, I arrived in Canada April 2018, hearing at the border was scheduled for August 2018. We recieved a letter later that it was postponed. The new date was received months later and was sceduled for June 2019. A day before the hearing it got postponed and the reason given was that the board member wasnt available and a new date was given immediately.

One advice would be to have a mock hearing as it is very important and will prepare you for the actual hearing. Also only provide short answers unless asked to explain.

Let me know if you have any questions!
Hello,

Congratulation for the acceptance. What was your province? Can you tell me about how to do mock interview. I become refugee claimant on Jan 20 2020 in Calgary.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

Congratulation for the acceptance. What was your province? Can you tell me about how to do mock interview. I become refugee claimant on Jan 20 2020 in Calgary.
I think you are going to start accepting that you are in for a very long wait and not asking about your potential hearing date so often. Finding others timelines is only so helpful and there will be extra delays due to covid. Given that you are not on an expedited country list you are likely looking at 1-2.5 years until a hearing. 1 year is unlikely but maybe you’ll get lucky. Would encourage you to try and focus on getting a job, volunteering, join a sport group, etc. This may not be possible at the moment but after covid is done it is likely going to be quite a while before you get a hearing. The best way thing to do is to be as busy as possible. Not saying this will be easy but you have a long time to wait so focusing on when you’ll get a hearing date so early is likely to drive you a bit crazy.

Reactions: Mars18