+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New family class application tracker tool just launched

Takumi

Nov 26, 2021
I've got lots of ghost updating many times. I checked the tool today and It says 'updated Feb 16 2022', however nothing has been changed. it's just a garbage tool. Really pisses me off.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I've got lots of ghost updating many times. I checked the tool today and It says 'updated Feb 16 2022', however nothing has been changed. it's just a garbage tool. Really pisses me off.
It's a new tool. Not saying it's 'good' - but that it's clearly not done yet.

diana_d

Star Member
May 24, 2019
I saw 3 updates on the new tracking tool and hoped it was moving but seems everyone also had the same update. Really confusing.
This morning was still updated on Feb 14,2022
At noon, it was changed to update on Feb 16,2022.
However, if based on the timezone, my file didn't change during the weekend. Only when the visa office in my country opens

Last edited:
Reactions: retwant

Lakobby

Nov 1, 2021
Does anyone know if the Updated Date in the new portal is the last date the system was updated or the last date someone touched your file?
This was the response I got when I threw this question to IRCC

“Hi. The “updated” date refers to the date when data from IRCC’s system was last refreshed and reflected in the tracker. It does not necessarily mean that your file has been updated on this date.”

Shankoma75

Star Member
Dec 23, 2021
I
Thank you. Yes I understand that it should be my city of birth, but I thought it was written differently somewhere in the forms that’s why it didn’t work. I checked it in the submitted forms and I was written exactly the way it should be. So I have no idea why it doesn’t work. I put my partner’s info and it worked though.
Also filled in the correct info but it keeps giving me error

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
Does it work?
This was the response I got when I threw this question to IRCC

“Hi. The “updated” date refers to the date when data from IRCC’s system was last refreshed and reflected in the tracker. It does not necessarily mean that your file has been updated on this date.”
Thank you for the information...the last updated date is misleading. The Tracker was created to give us updates on our application status. If the "updated date" does not reflect changes to our file, then remove it.

Reactions: sohaib1

Sun30

Feb 17, 2022
Same for me, but my GCKEY shows in progress, whereas new tracker tool shows that background verification complete. The new tracker seems like its a good tool, but there are so many contradictions between GCKEY, the new tracker and the ECAS.
Hey Johnny,what date did it say your background check complete in new tracker?

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So if my new tracker says background check completed but review eligibility not started yet, does anyone have info on this? Isnt the background check supposed to take longer than eligibility?
My wife is in similar position like you. In the tracker for PA, her background check completed as of Jan 17th, and eligibility not yet started since then. Last updated was Feb 1st but didnt see any change anywhere. When did you get your backgroune check completed? When was your AOR/medical? Are you inland/outland?

Major2710

Star Member
Dec 22, 2021
hi guys

i reach the send code section (step 2) of the process of creating an account but then it show and error and does not proceed

any one else with the same issue?

JohnnyDamien

Star Member
Nov 10, 2021
My wife is in similar position like you. In the tracker for PA, her background check completed as of Jan 17th, and eligibility not yet started since then. Last updated was Feb 1st but didnt see any change anywhere. When did you get your backgroune check completed? When was your AOR/medical? Are you inland/outland?
Background check completed December 8, Medical November 5. I am applying inland in Quebec

khaleader86

Feb 19, 2022
Hello Guys
I m the sponsor, we have sent the online Application in January 4th we did not recieve AOR yet ,and since they launch the new tracking tool i was trying to access to create an account everyday , and surprise yesterday it works for me as sponsor and i have create an account.I only found some general information about me ( name adresse phone email etc) my question is.
Could I say that now I am safe from a file return since they updated my profile, knowing that I asked the question to two people who had their file returned and their sponsor could not create accounts before and after file return?

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Hello Guys
I m the sponsor, we have sent the online Application in January 4th we did not recieve AOR yet ,and since they launch the new tracking tool i was trying to access to create an account everyday , and surprise yesterday it works for me as sponsor and i have create an account.I only found some general information about me ( name adresse phone email etc) my question is.
Could I say that now I am safe from a file return since they updated my profile, knowing that I asked the question to two people who had their file returned and their sponsor could not create accounts before and after file return?
It's still too soon for AOR if you applied in Jan. You will probably get it in March. Until you get AOR your file might still be returned.

Reactions: khaleader86