+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Express Entry Profile- Canadian Education - Zero Points

neo_dxb

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
Hello,

I have created a new express entry profile yesterday as I just received the CELPIP-G score. After creating the profile, I can see ZERO points marked against Canadian Education (full time 2 years Masters program, which I did remotely due to COVID, between September 2020 - April 2022. As per IRCC, students affected by COVID and who have done their education remotely between March 2020-August 2022 will get full points, but that is not the case for me.

Do I wait for them to update the points? I have answered 'No' to the following questions:
1. Did you complete at least 50% of the study or training program's courses through in-person learning?
2. Did you study in Canada for at least 8 months in order to earn this degree, diploma or certificate?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

neo_dxb

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
I have the exact same issue as you. What did you eventually do?
Answer 'No' to both these questions and 'Yes' to "Did {applicant} study full-time for at least 8 months to earn this degree, diploma or certificate?", if your program was a minimum of 8 months. You should have the correct points reflected after this.

JJ UAE

May 16, 2021
Hi, I am also facing same issue will it get updated on its own or i have to make any change. I am not getting my education points in my express entry profile.Please confirm. Thanks.

neo_dxb

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
Answer 'No' to 1. Did you complete at least 50% of the study or training program's courses through in-person learning? and 2. Did you study in Canada for at least 8 months in order to earn this degree, diploma or certificate? and 'Yes' to "Did {applicant} study full-time for at least 8 months to earn this degree, diploma or certificate?", if your program was a minimum of 8 months. It worked for me and the points were reflected on my profile.

Important point to note is that IRCC will only consider this for students affected by COVID and who have done their education remotely between March 2020-August 2022.