+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Domestic Assault Rule

Psharma2k8

Jul 10, 2019
This is statement which doesn’t say anything about immigrants or non immigrants.

Starting July 26, 2019, newcomers experiencing family violence will be able to apply for a fee exempt temporary resident permit that will give them legal immigration status in Canada and includes a work permit and health care coverage.

In addition, we are expediting the process for those in urgent situations of family violence who apply for permanent residence on humanitarian and compassionate grounds.

Psharma2k8

Jul 10, 2019
So you are not living/being caged by your spouse any more, right?
As a visitor, your best option is to return to your home country (safty) and file divorce. Start a new life back home.
We tried that my spouse is not giving divorce. It’s only possible to file divorce in Canada. Cause she is not resident of India anymore. We had word with lawyers everyone says file divorce in Canada to make it over quickly and end this abusive situation. In India there is no possibility to send summons overseas or drag back my wife to India for divorce. She signed peace bond to save her self from criminal conviction & now applying for citizenship I. Canada. Her entire family in India sold out everything in India and coming to Canada soon. We filed three complaints to local police in India. But they are fraud asking for $60000 Canadian for divorce. They are fraud who run marriages as business.

Psharma2k8

Jul 10, 2019
And did you pay for this marriage?
No we didn’t pay for anything. But she took all my family gold jewelry and to borrowed $20000 from my father to buy a car for me. It’s not even stopped her she took all my liquid cash after I landed to Canada. Later on after filling complaint for assault. I found many hidden things that my wife runs business of fraud marriage. They bring innocent boys here with fake believe to give PR and happy life together. But within month they show off there real face by blackmailing for divorce. I have witness from previous marriage family.

Psharma2k8

Jul 10, 2019
And your family just gave her all the jewelry, and lent her $20000 ? Correct ?
Yes cause she told her accounts are running down due to wedding. I live in joint family of 34 members. So we all help each other for financial support. As my wife was newly wedded so she gain trust of my entire family. After three months of case hearing and when I got peace bond without any justice. I reported to police on first day about human trafficking involvements of my spouse and her family. But police did many misconducts in case investigation. Due to which my evidences never presented into court. Accused got every single information about case from crown. I am shocked to see this behavior from justice system.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
You mean Canada?

The link you provided talks about newcomers (immigrants) to Canada, not visitors.
Might also include victims of family violence/abuse with visitors as they will be able to apply for a temporary resident permit, work permit and health coverage and will give them legal immigration status in Canada. However the person might have difficulties proving his case, especially when you consider the $20000 and jewellery they paid the wife....might look like he is the one who committed marriage fraud, the wife did not file for PR sponsorship, so he is now looking for another way to remain in Canada

Reactions: Qwertypod

Psharma2k8

Jul 10, 2019
Might also include victims of family violence/abuse with visitors as they will be able to apply for a temporary resident permit, work permit and health coverage and will give them legal immigration status in Canada. However the person might have difficulties proving his case, especially when you consider the $20000 and jewellery they paid the wife....might look like he is the one who committed marriage fraud, the wife did not file for PR sponsorship, so he is now looking for another way to remain in Canada
To give you clarification, husband is not illiterate and there is no lie in case to stay in Canada. He just wants to file divorce and get freedom of life. If there is policy to get separation in one month. He don’t want to stay in Canada. But as lawyer and justice system is too lazy they takes one to two years for divorce. He got injustice in assault case and what he got a peace bond. Where his wife did violation twice in no contact order and also breached peace bond. He sent recording to police his wife threatening him over phone. Now point is if a person got assaulted, abused and left on road without any help or medication. Still he is fighting on every end alone. Why nobody consider that a man also go through pain. If justice system take that long to divorce it’s not his fault to look for stay in Canada. If government provide him food and shelter for that time. Let’s do it no need to apply for work permit.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
To give you clarification, husband is not illiterate and there is no lie in case to stay in Canada. He just wants to file divorce and get freedom of life. If there is policy to get separation in one month. He don’t want to stay in Canada. But as lawyer and justice system is too lazy they takes one to two years for divorce. He got injustice in assault case and what he got a peace bond. Where his wife did violation twice in no contact order and also breached peace bond. He sent recording to police his wife threatening him over phone. Now point is if a person got assaulted, abused and left on road without any help or medication. Still he is fighting on every end alone. Why nobody consider that a man also go through pain. If justice system take that long to divorce it’s not his fault to look for stay in Canada. If government provide him food and shelter for that time. Let’s do it no need to apply for work permit.
If you are claiming abuse, you can divorce her right away. It appears that you paid for a marriage to come to Canada and it didn't work out. You really should return to your home country. You do not need to be in Canada to divorce her.

Psharma2k8

Jul 10, 2019
If you are claiming abuse, you can divorce her right away. It appears that you paid for a marriage to come to Canada and it didn't work out. You really should return to your home country. You do not need to be in Canada to divorce her.
Well done my spouse is going to be citizen next month. She will leave nationality of India and will never turn back to India. How can I divorce? It will take 7 years to get divorce in India and one year in Canada. Why would I spoil my life time for fraud girl who cheated on us. To be honest you have no right to put blame about paid marriage. If it’s paid there would be no fight or assault case. My wife attacked on me twice. There are thousands similar cases happening in Canada. People get married to earn quick money and come back Canada cause it’s great hide out for criminals. Justice system over here is very lame which works as cherry on cake for criminals. Think before saying anything about anyone. My family have business of one billion turn over in India. We live luxury life style. I am educated my express entry point are 435 before marriage. Getting PR is not tough but to get divorce and justice is tough right now. It’s fight for right. Hope you understand

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Well done my spouse is going to be citizen next month. She will leave nationality of India and will never turn back to India. How can I divorce? It will take 7 years to get divorce in India and one year in Canada.
Again, if you are claiming abuse, you can apply for divorce now. Your wife's citizenship has zero to do with it.

Why would I spoil my life time for fraud girl who cheated on us.
How exactly are you spoiling your "life time"?

To be honest you have no right to put blame about paid marriage. If it’s paid there would be no fight or assault case. My wife attacked on me twice.
You stated that your family gave her gold and $20k and that she arranges fraud marriages. I didn't blame anyone. It is a logical deduction that you paid for the marriage. There can be assault and fighting in fraud cases as well.

There are thousands similar cases happening in Canada. People get married to earn quick money and come back Canada cause it’s great hide out for criminals. Justice system over here is very lame which works as cherry on cake for criminals.
There are fraud marriages happening everywhere. Oh yeah, Canada is a great hide out for criminals and India has a much better justice system :rolleyes:.

Think before saying anything about anyone. My family have business of one billion turn over in India. We live luxury life style. I am educated my express entry point are 435 before marriage. Getting PR is not tough but to get divorce and justice is tough right now. It’s fight for right. Hope you understand
If you have such a luxurious lifestyle in your home country, what are your H&C grounds to apply for PR in Canada? You don't have established ties to Canada and can apply for divorce in India where you would be away from an abusive spouse.

Psharma2k8

Jul 10, 2019
If I wait for 7 years to get divorce cause my spouse will never show up to India. Her family left India & sold out all property. Now they never gonna turn back to India. As quick as possible I will get divorce. It would be easy for me to go back my home and start a new life.

Psharma2k8

Jul 10, 2019
Indian justice system do take seriously if it’s crime they hear both sides properly. As it never happened in Canada. Even after 13 evidences what I got in justice peace bond a tiny paper which was breached by offenders in 15 days. They gave me threatening warnings over phone. I sent recording to police and guess what they are not taking any action. This is how Canadian justice system work. Red carpet for criminals. My spouse involved in human trafficking as well. I gave evidences about illegal border crossing. I do respect every country but it’s strange to know that in Canada. Nobody cares for criminals or country safety. Police and justice system is corrupted more then India.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Indian justice system do take seriously if it’s crime they hear both sides properly. As it never happened in Canada. Even after 13 evidences what I got in justice peace bond a tiny paper which was breached by offenders in 15 days. They gave me threatening warnings over phone. I sent recording to police and guess what they are not taking any action. This is how Canadian justice system work. Red carpet for criminals. My spouse involved in human trafficking as well. I gave evidences about illegal border crossing. I do respect every country but it’s strange to know that in Canada. Nobody cares for criminals or country safety. Police and justice system is corrupted more then India.
Think the issue is that the punishment is not as severe as you desired. Whether it is a man or a woman often abuser get a few chances which has unfortunately ended up in some deaths. The best thing for you to do is to get divorced and report any incidents where the peace bond is broken or instances of criminality. There are actually processes for CBSA and the police to investigate. A tip is just hearsay and things don’t happen immediately. If your family is extremely wealthy you should just write off the money you paid, settle your divorce quickly and return home. You can leave it up to the police and CBSA to follow up on your tips.

Saying the Canadian justice system is more corrupt than in India:rolleyes: Not quite,.

Last edited:
Reactions: Qwertypod