+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi (NDVO) 2018 - Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada

Veer91

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
Quick question - under GC Key I got the following update this morning

Review of additional documents changed from "We need additional documents to process your application. We will send you a letter or email with details" to "Not applicable"

Is this normal?
When did u see we need additional documents? Did they ask any documents?
If not may be a passport request soon?

abyk23

Nov 12, 2018
When did u see we need additional documents? Did they ask any documents?
If not may be a passport request soon?
Yes they did ask me to submit one of the forms again requesting education information from grade 5 to 12 (for my wife). I had previously included her bachelors degree information only.

I consulted a lawyer at that time and she said usually they shouldn't ask for this information as my wife between grade 5 and 12 was below 18 years of age and she could write a letter and ask why they need this information, but since the information requested was so trivial we didn't bother sending them a letter (and possibly delaying the application) and provided with her school information

So my status in GC Key was "We need additional documents to process your application. We will send you a letter or email with details" and today it changed to "Not applicable"

sjose1

Dec 18, 2017
anybody here got transfered to their local visa office from mississauga?
and BGC already started in mississauga before they transfered to local visa office?
Aye Aye.

Transferred to Delhi two weeks before.
Application date: July 6; sent to Sydney; forwarded to Mississauga and completed medical and initiated BGC while there!

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Yes they did ask me to submit one of the forms again requesting education information from grade 5 to 12 (for my wife). I had previously included her bachelors degree information only.

I consulted a lawyer at that time and she said usually they shouldn't ask for this information as my wife between grade 5 and 12 was below 18 years of age and she could write a letter and ask why they need this information, but since the information requested was so trivial we didn't bother sending them a letter (and possibly delaying the application) and provided with her school information

So my status in GC Key was "We need additional documents to process your application. We will send you a letter or email with details" and today it changed to "Not applicable"
NDVO asking forms info at the last stage that usually means interview is waived, they are willing to give VISA

tiwanp

Nov 19, 2018
Hi,
Our file was received at Mississauga office on may 29/2018 and was transferred to delhi for further processing on aug 7/2018 and they started processing on aug 16/2018. No update after that. I called cic-Mississauga today and guy was not able to see any update becz file is already transferred to delhi office and being processed there. That’s all he told me. I m just started getting worried now.
Any other may applicant there whose file is stuck at delhi office?
Thanks

Reactions: Manpreet624

Veer91

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018

So you got this additional information request before pre arrival or after pre arrival?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
they started processing on aug 16/2018. No update
No need to worry too much, of course every week every day we all worry and can't stop. NDVO started processing your app. on 16th Aug which much better than ours. Look below our file is stuck at SYDNEY, don't know why! It's over 1 month waiting to be transferred. Senior member say U must NOT Panic or get stressed out ., give it total of 1 year as per goal of all countries, then stress will be way less. My guess 4 you is NDVO may start checking her BGC soon in a week or JAN and that will be a v good news. If they start BGC usually interview is waived, I mean BGC comes after interview. I know your concern is it is almost 4 months today and NO CLUE is a matter of worry. As per past history of NDVO they won't touch a file for 3 months so may be it is on the table to be reviewed for finals. NDVO except in flooded areas gave Visas in 5--9 or 12 months from date of received.

Reactions: tiwanp

Ajay1972

Nov 19, 2018
Hi guys just wondering if somebody could advise please, I had a divorce in Canada and remarried in India. Applied for my wife in June 2018, started processing on July 2018, medical done and passed on August 2, my sponsorship approved and file transferred to Delhi on 20th September. Just wondering how long will it take until further stage, also we had few couple people on marriage gathering due to second marriage, that has been explained in the file. Is there a chance of interview or possibility of rejection?
Any advice will be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I'm in the exact same situation. I applied in June 2018 as well. My wife and I are both divorcees. My file was transferred to NDVO. I have heard that it can take around 3 months to process when it gets to NDVO.

Reactions: Leos and singleman

Ajay1972

Nov 19, 2018
Aye Aye.

Transferred to Delhi two weeks before.
Application date: July 6; sent to Sydney; forwarded to Mississauga and completed medical and initiated BGC while there!
How do we know when they start the BGC? Do they send a notification to tell you that they are starting it?

Reactions: singleman

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
I'm in the exact same situation. I applied in June 2018 as well. My wife and I are both divorcees. My file was transferred to NDVO. I have heard that it can take around 3 months to process when it gets to NDVO.
And 3 month is minimum to open a file after they receive it.

pr1711

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO/<b>Colombo</b>
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
<b>Oct 09th 2014</b>
Doc's Request.
May 13th 2015
Nomination.....
<b>(PER):</b> Jan 15th 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 13th 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
<b>SLU:</b> May 01st 2015: Started processing on Apr 28th 2015
Med's Request
May 14th 2015
Med's Done....
May 20th 2015 || <b>Third Line: </b>May 28th 2015 || <b>Decision Made: </b>June 27th 2015
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
[color=#D4A017] <b>July 30th 2015</b>[/color] <b>
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Oct 16th 2015
And 3 month is minimum to open a file after they receive it.
Then getting update like we started processing your app on Sept 10th (I got the letter of file transfer on Aug 29th) means they have opened the file or its just a blank update ?

Reactions: singleman

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Then getting update like we started processing your app on Sept 10th (I got the letter of file transfer on Aug 29th) means they have opened the file or its just a blank update ?
Sounds LUCKY as they started working on this file in few days! Exceptional case may be lets wait and see