+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi (NDVO) 2017 - Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada

Shrey_19

Star Member
Oct 14, 2018
Dear All,

Require your help on urgent basis.

I am living presently in X city of Gujarat State in India and my homwtown is Y city of Gujarat State in India.

I am going to apply in Canada PR and in Background check form they are asking personal history and last 10 year Residence history.

Shall I take PCC from my hometown PSK as my passport is on hometown address and I don't have any residence proof of my current city address?

And if I will take PCC from hometown PSK then can it will create any problem in my PR application as I mentioned different city as a current residence city?

Please help and guide urgently.

Shrey_19

Star Member
Oct 14, 2018
Dear All,

Require your help on urgent basis.

I am living presently in X city of Gujarat State in India and my homwtowh is Y city of Gujarat State in India.

I am going to apply in Canada PR and in Background check form they are asking personal history and last 10 year Residence history.

Shall I take PCC from my hometown PSK as my passport is on hometown address and I don't have any residence proof of my current city address?

And if I will take PCC from hometown PSK then can it will create any problem in my PR application as I mentioned different city as a current residence city?

Please help and guide urgently.

SHEiKH_000

Star Member
May 23, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
I am from Afghanistan. I think it depends more on the applicants since each case is different. And yes I think it takes a little longer for some Afghan applicants than others.
When did you submit your application and how is it going so far?
If the processing time for Afghan applications is longer than others, this should be reflected in the processing times cuz right now it shows 12 months for applications from Afghanistan.

SHEiKH_000

Star Member
May 23, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
I have received pre arrival on 18 March 2018 and received remedical 17 September 2018 and nothing after that
Oh so maybe you're in the same boat as me...our eligibility and remedical are both done but the security is pending. I've been told by my MP office that security can take 6-8 months from when it starts :(

Beefstick

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
How long is NDVO taking from DM to PPR nowadays?

Just got ECAS DM and Pre-Arrival email on GCKey today. GCkey status itself has not changed from "We are processing your application, blah blah blah"

February 23rd applicant. Rest in signature.

Thanks.

Reactions: NLSVM

SHEiKH_000

Star Member
May 23, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
I am a Jan 17th Applicant, and NDVO started processing on April 3rd. I haven't got any update/correspondence since April 3rd. I just got a response from my local MP, he stated that Eligibility and Security are In-Process, and both have a deadline of three weeks from today (a note from the NDVO officer).

I see that NDVO almost completed Jan Applicants, and when do you think I would get an update? Any idea how long will it take once Eligibility and Security are done? MP mentioned I am looking close to Jan 2019, or Dec 2018 for DM if I am lucky
Hey my MP told me that security can take 6-8 months for some countries. But your MP told you it can take 3 weeks total? What country are you applying from?

NLSVM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2018
App. received Feb.
When did you submit your application and how is it going so far?
If the processing time for Afghan applications is longer than others, this should be reflected in the processing times cuz right now it shows 12 months for applications from Afghanistan.
App. received Feb. 27, bgc started Apr. 18 Processing started in NDVO Apr. 30, medical, pcc and schedule a done in April

SHEiKH_000

Star Member
May 23, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. received Feb.

App. received Feb. 27, bgc started Apr. 18 Processing started in NDVO Apr. 30, medical, pcc and schedule a done in April
Great, so you're still within the 12months processing time. I sincerely hope you have better luck with your application. I patiently waited for 12 months, without talking any smack about the application process. But now that it's been almost 1.5 years, without any explanation as to the delay (mind you for 7 months NDVO didn't do anything on our application), it's become ridiculous. I'm meeting with my MP to let him know about my concerns - not sure how much that would help but hopefully it's something.

Beefstick

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
Great, so you're still within the 12months processing time. I sincerely hope you have better luck with your application. I patiently waited for 12 months, without talking any smack about the application process. But now that it's been almost 1.5 years, without any explanation as to the delay (mind you for 7 months NDVO didn't do anything on our application), it's become ridiculous. I'm meeting with my MP to let him know about my concerns - not sure how much that would help but hopefully it's something.
Sir/madam, hats off to you. I do not know how you have managed to stay sane.