Aor2: Sept 18th, 2017
BGC in process status change: feb 27, 2018
DM and Pre-arrival email: May 11th, 2018
PPR: May 14th, 2018
Passport dropped off at local VFS: May 15,2018
Passport dispatched from Delhi: May 22, 2018
Passport received through blue dart: May 24
Ticket booked for: May 30th, 2018

In regards to status changes: our gckey kept stating that additional documents were required this whole time.... i haven’t checked it now but i do know that till we got dm it was saying we need more documents, even after receiving notes it hadn’t changed. BGC status changing doesn’t mean you will get dm after three days lol found that out the hard way. I know everyone asks what to say when landing process is going on and how much money to bring etc. According to my representative, you don’t need to bring a minimum amount it’s whatever you want. Gold you can bring it they’ll ask you about your valuables etc you can tell them. There is no maximum amount allocated that you can bring. Questions he said usually they don’t ask, if they do it’s about the spouse, where they work, where you are going to stay, who is coming to pick you up pretty basic stuff.

Just a humble request, i know people start jumping down throats due to Frustration, but please try to understand that maybe they don’t have anyone near them who they can share their feelings with and this might be the only outlet. This forum really helped shout out to Upkar thanks for always helping me!
So it took 9 days to get your passport back? My husband gave his passport on May 22nd

Reactions: psvj19

upkar singh

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2013
winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
new delhi
App. Filed.......
july 2017
Doc's Request.
aug 2017
AOR Received.
aug 2017 From CIC, oct From NDVO
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
oct 2017
Med's Request
aug 2017
Med's Done....
aug 2017
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
june 7 2018
VISA ISSUED...
june 14 2018
LANDED..........
20 july 2018
Final list of dates:

Application received: June 9th, 2017
Aor2: Sept 18th, 2017
BGC in process status change: feb 27, 2018
DM and Pre-arrival email: May 11th, 2018
PPR: May 14th, 2018
Passport dropped off at local VFS: May 15,2018
Passport dispatched from Delhi: May 22, 2018
Passport received through blue dart: May 24
Ticket booked for: May 30th, 2018

In regards to status changes: our gckey kept stating that additional documents were required this whole time.... i haven’t checked it now but i do know that till we got dm it was saying we need more documents, even after receiving notes it hadn’t changed. BGC status changing doesn’t mean you will get dm after three days lol found that out the hard way. I know everyone asks what to say when landing process is going on and how much money to bring etc. According to my representative, you don’t need to bring a minimum amount it’s whatever you want. Gold you can bring it they’ll ask you about your valuables etc you can tell them. There is no maximum amount allocated that you can bring. Questions he said usually they don’t ask, if they do it’s about the spouse, where they work, where you are going to stay, who is coming to pick you up pretty basic stuff.

Just a humble request, i know people start jumping down throats due to Frustration, but please try to understand that maybe they don’t have anyone near them who they can share their feelings with and this might be the only outlet. This forum really helped shout out to Upkar thanks for always helping me!
congrats for you and happy for you enjoy your time....

Reactions: psvj19

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
Hey, we have the same case. I am an august applicant, in Canada on TRV. We called cic to ask about three things:

1 Whether my address (PA) needs to be updated: Nothing of that sort, they have our emails to contact us.
What about if they ask for interview ?

2 About my job that I left: They said no need to update that either.

3 If I get the PR while I am still in Canada, can we get it stamped here: Very vague because asked this on two occassions and got different answers, so not sure still.
Yes, we will get stamp here, we have to send passport in Ottawa. (I saw few people in forum got like this)

Samy.K

Star Member
Aug 28, 2017
Guys, I have a question and may be good news for July applicants

I am July 13th Applicant, on my ECAS it shows decision made and when I check my CIC account, it says updated but when I open nothing is updated yet. I also have not received any email. Can anyone tell what is happening?

I am so concerned here.

Reactions: piya

upkar singh

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2013
winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
new delhi
App. Filed.......
july 2017
Doc's Request.
aug 2017
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
oct 2017
Med's Request
aug 2017
Med's Done....
aug 2017
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
june 7 2018
VISA ISSUED...
june 14 2018
LANDED..........
20 july 2018
Guys, I have a question and may be good news for July applicants

I am July 13th Applicant, on my ECAS it shows decision made and when I check my CIC account, it says updated but when I open nothing is updated yet. I also have not received any email. Can anyone tell what is happening?

I am so concerned here.
its normal congrats forget about cic account they will not update i am july 6 still waiting when you see your ecas is DM

Reactions: Samy.K

upkar singh

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2013
winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
new delhi
App. Filed.......
july 2017
Doc's Request.
aug 2017
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
oct 2017
Med's Request
aug 2017
Med's Done....
aug 2017
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
june 7 2018
VISA ISSUED...
june 14 2018
LANDED..........
20 july 2018
Thank you! I just saw now before few mins, so now I will get the email for passport request right?
yes just wait for tomorrow

upkar singh

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2013
winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
new delhi
App. Filed.......
july 2017
Doc's Request.
aug 2017
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
oct 2017
Med's Request
aug 2017
Med's Done....
aug 2017
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
june 7 2018
VISA ISSUED...
june 14 2018
LANDED..........
20 july 2018

dgjobbing

Nov 18, 2017
You can get the birth certificate in english applying for it in municipal corporation. Mine was a hand written one so I got a digitalised one before last year
Thank you so much for the reply..

I am trying to get an english version of my wife's birth certificate now...
This original english version of certificate need not submitted right?
A scanned copy of the certificate can be submitted with the application?
Also did you submit your voter id card too? in my case, my wife's voter id has her name misspelled.

Thanks in advance!

SHEiKH_000

Star Member
May 23, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
Here’s my timeline:
App recd: June 6
AOR1: July 7
Sponsor approval: July 11
AOR2: Aug 8
Prearrival: May 11
Waiting for DM and PPR

Also we applied for GCMS notes on April 1st and never received anything (had no problem with this 2 other times I requested the notes). So I emailed ATIP to follow up after 31 days and still haven’t received anything. Has anybody experienced this?
Anybody experience this with late GCMS notes?

SHEiKH_000

Star Member
May 23, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
There is VFS location in Islamabad but you have to go to Pakistan to ge your passport stamp
Hey do you know if only the Principal Applicant can submit the passport to the office? Or can somebody else submit the passport for the PA?