Med's Request
June 30, 2017
Med's Done....
July 10, 2017
Passport Req..
28-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2018
I doubt if it is simply the new Not Applicable. Coz what about the people even one day before this update who had 'We are processing your background check' and then received dm and ppr the next day? I am hoping cic is not allowed to change the meaning of statuses mid way on a whim.
haha they can do whatever they want. the people who got dm the next day were probably the ones who were updated by their visa office- NDVO. usually with other visa offices as soon as they are transferred to the visa office their bgc status change to "we are processing your bgc status" - that is why most applicants with other visa offices get their DM's 2-3 months after this update. However with NDVO it remains NA until their bgc is complete and that is why they get DM the next day- that is why most NDVO applicants with NA bgc status were updated to the "we are processing.." status yesterday because other visa offices already follow this pattern. However, these are again predictions based on what is available. i still hope we get DM's soon but I really doubt it was the case officer at NDVO updating our files but rather just a system update. I hope to be wrong though. And I also think that the next applicants to see DM's will be May applicants- however we might have to wait a bit longer than we thought.

Last edited:

preity

Jun 25, 2012
Visa Office......
Mississauga/NVDO
haha they can do whatever they want. the people who got dm the next day were probably the ones who were updated by their visa office- NDVO. usually with other visa offices as soon as they are transferred to the visa office their bgc status change to "we are processing your bgc status" - that is why most applicants with other visa offices get their DM's 2-3 months after this update. However with NDVO it remains NA until their bgc is complete and that is why they get DM the next day- that is why most NDVO applicants with NA bgc status were updated to the "we are processing.." status because other visa offices already follow this pattern. However, these are again predictions based on what is available. i still hope we get DM's soon but I really doubt it was the case officer at NDVO updating our files but rather just a system update. I hope to be wrong though. And I also think that the next applicants to see DM's will be May applicants- however we might have to wait a bit longer than we thought.
Yup all speculation at this time but I would like to point that Sydney VO also most likely got this bcg update. Also, those few may people whose file has been transferred long back, I am sure they are at the same stage as us in the bcg check, why wasn't their status updated ? Or the remaining folks from April?
Anyway, i can go on and on but nothing changes

sp121212

Apr 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
May 24, 2017
Doc's Request.
July 21, 2017
AOR Received.
June 28, 2017
File Transfer...
Aug 2, 2017
Med's Request
June 30, 2017
Med's Done....
July 10, 2017
Passport Req..
28-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2018
Yup all speculation at this time but I would like to point that Sydney VO also most likely got this bcg update. Also, those few may people whose file has been transferred long back, I am sure they are at the same stage as us in the bcg check, why wasn't their status updated ? Or the remaining folks from April?
Anyway, i can go on and on but nothing changes
because their bgc status was "your application is in progress..." i had already mentioned previously that this status means that either their R10, criminality check or something like that has not been started/completed and therefore that is why every month we see that applicants with this status get updates later than people who have similar timelines.
I don't think there are any March or April applicants from NDVO left for bgc update who have had NA as their status. I went back and checked and the ones who are stuck are with the above status.
Anyway, their tweet does make things clear as it explains why Oct and Nov applicants with NA saw this update as well.
However, I do hope they deal with us accordingly as May applicants have been waiting for a long long looooooooooooong time!
and yes, applicants from all visa office with NA status as bgc status got this update from what I gather.

Reactions: Sajosh12

Sm Patel

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
08.09.2014 PER
IELTS Request
Sent Along
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
17-05-2015
one thing i wanted to include is when the bgc and additional docs status were updated on my profile.. before i went to check the application status by clicking "click for message/submitted..." under the message section there were no "updates" but rather just said what it had said before which was submitted and read. Was it the case for most of you here? Shouldn't it have said "updated" prior to clicking? :/

Our status also changed to BG in process :) . June 5 Applicant

sp121212

Apr 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
May 24, 2017
Doc's Request.
July 21, 2017
AOR Received.
June 28, 2017
File Transfer...
Aug 2, 2017
Med's Request
June 30, 2017
Med's Done....
July 10, 2017
Passport Req..
28-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2018
Our status also changed to BG in process :) . June 5 Applicant
i think everyone whose bgc status was "Not Applicable" changed to "we are processing your bgc" status yesterday. which is a system update to make things transparent according to CIC but at this point, this transparency has made us even more confused.

Reactions: piya and Sm Patel

barryb1990

Feb 9, 2018
JUNE 9, 2017 APPLICANT

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help - Application status
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We are reviewing the additional documents you provided. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Review of additional documents changed and so did the processing of my background check. How long after this does it take to get PPR?

Last edited:

Sm Patel

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
08.09.2014 PER
IELTS Request
Sent Along
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
17-05-2015
A quick question:
I am Sep 2017, applicant My file was transferred to NDVO on Nov 15, 2017 (Sponsor received an email that says, file has been transferred to NDVO) and on 23rd Nov 2017,a line has been added to ecas "We started processing your application on November 23, 2017."
so can I consider this as AOR 2??
it must have gone to spam, please check this happened to us. I sponsor received an email but not the applicant. it was only after we checked spam to realize that they did send AOR to PA after 7 days from email to sponsor

Sonia81

Dec 18, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
india
App. Filed.......
july 12,2017
Doc's Request.
Aug 23,2017
Interview........
20/06/2018
Passport Req..
20/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
20/06/2018
LANDED..........
25/06/2018
whatever we got some positive result. so why everyone guessing what is going on be positive friends. who care system did or officer did we got what we are all waiting for now wish that next week everyone will get PPR.

Sajosh12

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
AUG 28
File Transfer...
NOV 23
because their bgc status was "your application is in progress..." i had already mentioned previously that this status means that either their R10, criminality check or something like that has not been started/completed and therefore that is why every month we see that applicants with this status get updates later than people who have similar timelines.
I don't think there are any March or April applicants from NDVO left for bgc update who have had NA as their status. I went back and checked and the ones who are stuck are with the above status.
Anyway, their tweet does make things clear as it explains why Oct and Nov applicants with NA saw this update as well.
However, I do hope they deal with us accordingly as May applicants have been waiting for a long long looooooooooooong time!
and yes, applicants from all visa office with NA status as bgc status got this update from what I gather.
Guaranteed all new ndvo applicants will have bgc in process after file transfer instead of N/A. This was a tease and everyone got their hopes up way too high way too quick. Back to waiting for few more months for me. Regardless that was an exciting couple days :/

Reactions: piya and sp121212

Sarajan1

Jan 20, 2018
I dont think they would send us an email for this type of update....because nothing is needed from us, nor has the application been fully processed (dm)... so hopefully tomorrow or on friday, we hear something. I went on the spreadsheet did a little tallying I noticed Fridays were most popular for DM days and second was Monday. *fingers crossed*. ..... BUT none of us got the pre-arrival email either... I don't know what to think of this anymore lol. this whole process is so dramatic and full of suspense. -_-
I got pre-arrival email

upkar singh

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2013
winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
new delhi
App. Filed.......
july 2017
Doc's Request.