Dec 14, 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 16, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 18, 2017
LANDED..........
Landed Jan 2017
suji21 said:
You need to post 10 comments to edit your timeline in profile page.
To add links again I think again there should be some specific number of posts. Not sure though .
Thank you dumdumhogayamein for asking.

Suji21 is correct. I think I passed the 10 comments stage and now I can see more options in my profile.

Thank you all.

DRLoveleen

Star Member
Sep 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 april 2016
AOR Received.
14th may
File Transfer...
6th july
Passport Req..
12 DEC..
VISA ISSUED...
5DEC on COPR
LANDED..........
Soon
AVP296 said:
also if I understood correctly from them
they will be contacting the register office where the marriage is register and get the complete registraion.
also the picture and documents you submitted regarding the marriage and honeymoon.
this should not take long time, but it all depends on where the marriage was registered at.

the friend I mentioned in the mail got registered in the big city, I on the other had the registration in the small village close to Vadodara. so the sooner the register office provide their feed back the soon it can get completed.

This is not related to city i guess.. as one of my friend applied on 4th april through same city and got ppr in less than 5 months..and i am still waiting :(

faizalb13

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-June-2016
AOR Received.
24-June-2016
File Transfer...
10-August-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hi guys my wife did further medical on October 3 2016 because they want to see something by the chest she got an email and about it on the September 29 and got it on October 3 does anyone know how long will it say to be passed on ECAS or mycic I am so worried and she hasn't gotten any other email about anything else please help :'(

Rainasar

Star Member
Aug 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 FEB 2016
AOR Received.
22 MAR 2016
File Transfer...
28 MAR2016
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
faizalb13 said:
Hi guys my wife did further medical on October 3 2016 because they want to see something by the chest she got an email and about it on the September 29 and got it on October 3 does anyone know how long will it say to be passed on ECAS or mycic I am so worried and she hasn't gotten any other email about anything else please help :'(
Sometimes the xray is not clear enough, Doctors working for CIC can ask for a rescan. don't worry they will review it within a week of submission. Whether the result is uploaded right away, that depends on NDVO. A Fair amount of people get Rescan request, I think its usually the tech's fault that its not clear enough. Good Luck.

sujan143

Aug 13, 2012
Calgary, Canada
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
10-05-2016
Doc's Request.
Not Yet
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 05/jul/16
AOR Received.
28-05-2016
File Transfer...
14/07/2016
Med's Done....
05-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2016
LANDED..........
30-12-2016
Got this response from PM office for my query in july

Dear Mr. Suresh:

The Office of the Prime Minister has kindly forwarded to the Honorable John McCallum, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, a copy of your correspondence of July 21, 2016, about the processing of your wife’s application for permanent residence.

We realize that you are looking forward to having your wife join you in Canada. Please be assured that every effort is being made to finalize the applications of spouses and partners as quickly as possible. However, over the past few years, more people have applied to come to Canada in the spousal category than there was space for them in previous immigration levels plans, thus creating a backlog.

The Department is working to reduce the spousal inventory. Targeted in-Canada inventory reduction efforts started on June 13, 2016. As a separate exercise, the overseas network has also received higher processing targets for spousal cases, which is helping to reduce overseas spousal inventories. An additional 12,000 - 14,000 spaces were allocated in the 2016 Immigration Levels Plan to spouses, partners and children. Budget 2016 provided $25 million in 2016-17 to support faster and more predictable processing times for family sponsorship. Through this investment, application backlogs will be reduced and wait times will be significantly shortened.

Departmental records confirm that your wife’s application is currently in progress at the Canadian visa office in New Delhi. Visa officers will notify her of further steps in processing as soon as circumstances permit. Information about the various stages of the application process is provided in the application guide at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp.

Requests for expedited processing are understandable. In general, applications are only expedited in extraordinary cases with compelling circumstances. Any information or documentation in support of such a request should be directed to the processing office. Contact information for IRCC offices can be found at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/index.asp.

While we realize that this situation is distressing to you, we trust that the information provided is of assistance.

Y. Levesque
Ministerial Enquiries Division

faizalb13

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-June-2016
AOR Received.
24-June-2016
File Transfer...
10-August-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Rainasar said:
Sometimes the xray is not clear enough, Doctors working for CIC can ask for a rescan. don't worry they will review it within a week of submission. Whether the result is uploaded right away, that depends on NDVO. A Fair amount of people get Rescan request, I think its usually the tech's fault that its not clear enough. Good Luck.
Thanks just worried that nothing is updated online and they said that if you dont do it your file will be closed

Shmak2017

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
AOR Received.
2016/09/26
File Transfer...
SA 2016/09/30 & AOR2 on 2016/10/11
Med's Done....
12-08-2016
Interview........
BG IN PROGRESS 30-March-2017 DM :31-March 2017
Passport Req..
10 April 2017
Thanks for sharing...Good to know that some process in place to get clear on sooner basis

sujan143 said:

Dear Mr. Suresh:

The Office of the Prime Minister has kindly forwarded to the Honorable John McCallum, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, a copy of your correspondence of July 21, 2016, about the processing of your wife’s application for permanent residence.

We realize that you are looking forward to having your wife join you in Canada. Please be assured that every effort is being made to finalize the applications of spouses and partners as quickly as possible. However, over the past few years, more people have applied to come to Canada in the spousal category than there was space for them in previous immigration levels plans, thus creating a backlog.

The Department is working to reduce the spousal inventory. Targeted in-Canada inventory reduction efforts started on June 13, 2016. As a separate exercise, the overseas network has also received higher processing targets for spousal cases, which is helping to reduce overseas spousal inventories. An additional 12,000 - 14,000 spaces were allocated in the 2016 Immigration Levels Plan to spouses, partners and children. Budget 2016 provided $25 million in 2016-17 to support faster and more predictable processing times for family sponsorship. Through this investment, application backlogs will be reduced and wait times will be significantly shortened.

Departmental records confirm that your wife’s application is currently in progress at the Canadian visa office in New Delhi. Visa officers will notify her of further steps in processing as soon as circumstances permit. Information about the various stages of the application process is provided in the application guide at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp.

Requests for expedited processing are understandable. In general, applications are only expedited in extraordinary cases with compelling circumstances. Any information or documentation in support of such a request should be directed to the processing office. Contact information for IRCC offices can be found at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/index.asp.

While we realize that this situation is distressing to you, we trust that the information provided is of assistance.

Y. Levesque

AVP296

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
Toronto Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-26-2016 from NDVO
Med's Request
completed up front in March 2016
Interview........
Dec 14, 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 16, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 18, 2017
LANDED..........
Landed Jan 2017
sujan143 said:

Dear Mr. Suresh:

Y. Levesque
this is just BS. if they think that they have a quota on how many spousal application that they can support. why are they asking us to provide the financial details and also taking the ownership of supporting the spouse for the next 5 years. what budget do they need for that. also. personally I believe that spousal sponsorship is more important than family.
and if they are going to restrict the spousal sponsorship than they need to lay this law out to all the canadian PR/Citizens who are planning to get married in their native countries..

lets put that out there as your response.

Thank you

AVP296

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
Toronto Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-26-2016 from NDVO
Med's Request
completed up front in March 2016
Interview........
Dec 14, 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 16, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 18, 2017
LANDED..........
Landed Jan 2017
sujan143 said:
In general, applications are only expedited in extraordinary cases with compelling circumstances. f assistance.

Y. Levesque
I would like to understand these circumstances or even the examples of them.

Oct 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 -06-2016
Nomination.....
04-08-2016
AOR Received.
19-08-2016
I recently received a Passport request for my wife's TRV. We are waiting on her PR passport request too. In the meanwhile, I want to invite her here on a TRV. I have the following questions, to those who have already received a TRV:

1. Has anyone who's in a similar situation got their wives here with a one-way ticket?
2. How long can a person stay in Canada for in a TRV? (I want to use the maximum days, if I were to get a two-way ticket)
3. Is she allowed to bring her jewelries, money, etc to Canada, on a TRV?

sadcanadianpr

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th July 2016
AOR Received.
23rd August 2016
File Transfer...
31st August 2016
Med's Request
22nd February 2017
Med's Done....
7th March 2017
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Still Waiting
AVP296 said:
this is just BS. if they think that they have a quota on how many spousal application that they can support. why are they asking us to provide the financial details and also taking the ownership of supporting the spouse for the next 5 years. what budget do they need for that. also. personally I believe that spousal sponsorship is more important than family.
and if they are going to restrict the spousal sponsorship than they need to lay this law out to all the canadian PR/Citizens who are planning to get married in their native countries..

lets put that out there as your response.

Thank you
Completely agree with you buddy. That is complete BS.
If that's the case, they have a cap on spousal entry they should pass all TRV which is associated with this applications. They neither approve TRV nor process the PR faster. What kind of family reunification is this.

Shmak2017

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
AOR Received.
2016/09/26
File Transfer...
SA 2016/09/30 & AOR2 on 2016/10/11
Med's Done....
12-08-2016
Interview........
BG IN PROGRESS 30-March-2017 DM :31-March 2017
Passport Req..
10 April 2017
BrandAmbassador said:
I recently received a Passport request for my wife's TRV. We are waiting on her PR passport request too. In the meanwhile, I want to invite her here on a TRV. I have the following questions, to those who have already received a TRV:

1. Has anyone who's in a similar situation got their wives here with a one-way ticket?
My wife already had TRV before . She is now again with me. No one asked her about two way tickets. But it may be asked

2. How long can a person stay in Canada for in a TRV? (I want to use the maximum days, if I were to get a two-way ticket)

179 days max...than ext can be applied

3. Is she allowed to bring her jewelries, money, etc to Canada, on a TRV?

yes...but too much

badblood

Sep 28, 2016
BrandAmbassador said:
I am a 13th June applicant. AOR1 29th June, SA 4th Aug, AOR2 19th Aug. I thought my application will be processed fast track like a lot of other April application (I thought they processed applications until 13 June this way). But looking at the spreadsheet, it seems like only the applications whose applicant's "InProgress" day (not the sponsor's in progress day) is until June 13 is processed fast track.

Anyways, I was fed up and followed someone's suggestion here, and applied for a TRV on Monday. Today is Thursday, and I have received the Original Passport Request from the visa office. Essentially, it took them 3 days for the whole processing. It was especially surprising because my wife is a completing student, and doesn't have a job or bank balance or anything - No ties back to the country except the family.

So, it is possible guys. If you are thinking of applying for a TRV, go ahead!
I don't know from where you got the information about backlog dates which you have stated. the correct information is, if one has filed his/her application before 13 June 2016, it will be considered as a Backlog. it has nothing to do with applicant's progress day, Backlog will be considered who has applied for spouse PR on or before 13 June 2016. in spreadsheet you don't see any progress because after 18 april 2016 applicants, no one has got DMs or background checks. even lot of Jan to March guys haven't got either. i would say stay positive and just wait.

Varadar

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi (NDVO)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 10, 2016
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
AOR1: April 05,2016 | AOR2: May 04, 2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
April 25, 2016
Med's Done....
Jan 18, 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 08,2016
dumdumhogayamein said:
I have asked this question before and didn't get a response and will try to ask once more :p,

1. Does anyone know what "Review of eligibility" means for the PA when the eligibility was done in Canada for the SA.
2. Usually how much time does it take, cuz the background check for my wife hasn't started yet.

I guess once the eligibility is done they will initiate the background which i am assuming is faster than it sounds (3-4 weeks tops) if i am not mistake.

3. Can anyone share their timelines if they have it please?

The CIC website is still down and i can access mycic, are others facing the same?
The Mississauga office only verify that the application is complete (like all forms signed, application fees etc) and assess the eligibility of sponsor (like 18 yrs old, citizen/PR, signed undertaking promise, income to provide basic requirements). Once it is done, they will send a letter to SA and forward the PA file with supporting documents to Visa office.

Visa office will do the Review of eligibility. This step will include pretty much everything like the verifying the genuineness of relationship, requirement of interview, medical admissibility, criminality check, background check. Per my understanding from forum, they will move to back ground checks only after the verification of relationship. About the timeline for this step, nobody can answer it.

Cheers
Varadar

Simreet

Jun 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-07-2016
File Transfer...
31-08-2016
Hi, Is there any May applicant who got background check in progress yet?