TBD
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
BrandAmbassador said:
I recently received a Passport request for my wife's TRV. We are waiting on her PR passport request too. In the meanwhile, I want to invite her here on a TRV. I have the following questions, to those who have already received a TRV:

1. Has anyone who's in a similar situation got their wives here with a one-way ticket?
2. How long can a person stay in Canada for in a TRV? (I want to use the maximum days, if I were to get a two-way ticket)
3. Is she allowed to bring her jewelries, money, etc to Canada, on a TRV?
Please see below

1. TRV passengers coming from overseas should always come with a return ticket. A TRV does not guarantee you entry into Canada. It will be completely dependent on the CBSA officer who handles your wifes entry at the port (land, sea or airport)

2. 6 months is the max allowed time but again depends on the officer who stamps her passport at the port, it could be for 1 month to a max of 6 months

3. Remember, you are coming here on TRV as a visitor, dont bring your entire house with you. "Remember you have to go back" is the entire reason for a TRV.

dumdumhogayamein

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga - Sponsorship / IRCC Delhi - Spousal Immigration
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 10-08-2016; AOR 2: 31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-10-2016
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
01-06-2016
Interview........
TBD
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
Varadar said:
The Mississauga office only verify that the application is complete (like all forms signed, application fees etc) and assess the eligibility of sponsor (like 18 yrs old, citizen/PR, signed undertaking promise, income to provide basic requirements). Once it is done, they will send a letter to SA and forward the PA file with supporting documents to Visa office.

Visa office will do the Review of eligibility. This step will include pretty much everything like the verifying the genuineness of relationship, requirement of interview, medical admissibility, criminality check, background check. Per my understanding from forum, they will move to back ground checks only after the verification of relationship. About the timeline for this step, nobody can answer it.

Cheers
Varadar
Thanks Varadar, much appreciated

ADITYA VASHISHTHA

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
Doc's Request.
06-10-2016; Additional Doc's submitted: 10-10-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 18-03-2016; SA: 23-03-2016
File Transfer...
AOR 2: 04-04-2016
Med's Request
01-12-2016
Med's Done....
19-12-2015 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
04-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
jul2014 said:
Hi All,

I have to send additional documents to NDVO at below address from Canada:

Immigration Section/ Section de l’immigration
High Commission of Canada/ Haut-Commissariat du Canada
PO Box 5209
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi, India/Inde 110021

Problem is due to PO BOX in address, FedEx or Canadapost priority service not accepting the package. Canadapost is offering only one option for sending document that is registered post which will take minimum 2 weeks time and max no comment.

How do we send document in this case, any one faced this issue? please advise.
I used FedEx to send my additional documents to NDVO but from India to the same address you mentioned and they didn't raise any question for PO Box thing...I called and asked them to provide me a confirmation stamp of the delivery and they emailed me the proof with confirmation stamp of High Commission of Canada....I don't think it will be a problem for FedEx Canada just talk to them again. Anyway the final delivery will be done by FedEx India. But if nothing is happening then why don't you mail the packet to your family and then they can do it from India if you have time.

jul2014

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2016
Doc's Request.
17-10-2016
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Somehow medical result is valid until 4th Apr 2017
Interview........
NA, BGC - 6th Dec, Decision made - 7th Dec
Passport Req..
11-12-2016
Rainasar said:
Did CIC tell you to send the documents to the PO box. My spouse has sent the documents from India and I have recently sent the documents from Canada, using dhl, I didn't use the PO box. Problem with PO box is that no one will sign for it. My documents were delivered and someone signed for it.. i am not sure if you need the PO box number.. maybe other members can help you..
Hi Rainasar,

In email, address provided for NDVO is with PObox. Just for my confidence, when u sent documents to NDVO and you didnot include POBOX; were documents successfully received. I mean did your see tht on your file in GCMS or some acknowledgement email from NDVO..

rashu268

May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today a visitor visa for my wife is approved.
Still no update on her PR application. The PR application status is background check in progress.

Can we get her passport stamped once she arrives in Canada and then we get the PPR for her PR?

chhapa

Oct 4, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
27-08-2015
AOR Received.
15-10-2015
File Transfer...
06-11-2015
Interview........
November
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
rashu268 said:
Still no update on her PR application. The PR application status is background check in progress.

Can we get her passport stamped once she arrives in Canada and then we get the PPR for her PR?
Congrats
TRV is smart move

Oct 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 -06-2016
Nomination.....
04-08-2016
AOR Received.
19-08-2016
dumdumhogayamein said:
Please see below

1. TRV passengers coming from overseas should always come with a return ticket. A TRV does not guarantee you entry into Canada. It will be completely dependent on the CBSA officer who handles your wifes entry at the port (land, sea or airport)

2. 6 months is the max allowed time but again depends on the officer who stamps her passport at the port, it could be for 1 month to a max of 6 months

3. Remember, you are coming here on TRV as a visitor, dont bring your entire house with you. "Remember you have to go back" is the entire reason for a TRV.
Thank you for the information.

Oct 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 -06-2016
Nomination.....
04-08-2016
AOR Received.
19-08-2016
rashu268 said:

Congratulations. As far as I understand, yes! She can get her passport stamped with PR visa even from Canada. That way, you can just cross the border and "enter" Canada again!

rashu268

May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BrandAmbassador said:
Congratulations. As far as I understand, yes! She can get her passport stamped with PR visa even from Canada. That way, you can just cross the border and "enter" Canada again!
I hope she gets her PPR for PR too as her background check is in progress for 7 days

sonie055

Jul 15, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2016
Doc's Request.
Not requested
AOR Received.
AOR 1-01-June-2016, AOR 2 -29 -June-2016
File Transfer...
28-June-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
24-04-2016(Upfront)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-Dec-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-Jan-2017
LANDED..........
22-Jan-2017
rashu268 said:

Great news Congrats. :) :)
When did you apply for TRV?

Thanks

muskaan24

Star Member
May 12, 2016
BrandAmbassador said:
does crossing the border in that case require a US visitor visa?

rashu268

May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
muskaan24 said:
does crossing the border in that case require a US visitor visa?
No. That I am sure. Last year I also did the same when I was here on a work permit and got PR.
You will not be allowed to enter US. They will give you an admin refusal.

muskaan24

Star Member
May 12, 2016
rashu268 said:
No. That I am sure. Last year I also did the same when I was here on a work permit and got PR.
You will not be allowed to enter US. They will give you an admin refusal.
so in that case you go to the border and return back? I am not getting this actually. So, as far as I know, crossing the border requires a US visa. how does it work in that case if you don't have a US visa?

rashu268

May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
muskaan24 said:
so in that case you go to the border and return back? I am not getting this actually. So, as far as I know, crossing the border requires a US visa. how does it work in that case if you don't have a US visa?
No. Your visa will be asked at US POE not at Canada. Here is what I did:
> I went to Niagra Falls (Rainbow Bridge)
> Put 25 cents to open the exit gate
> Go to US
> The officer at US asks " WHy are you here?"
> I say " Flag Poling"
> He opens the gate, issues me a letter and says follow the same way back to Canada side and show the letter to a Canadian officer.
> I did that and my PR was processed

djsum

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
01-06-2018
muskaan24 said:

Hi muskaan,

My wife also got her PPR for PR while she was on a visitor visa in Canada.She does not have a US visitor visa.The landing process was really smooth at the Rainbow bridge(Niagara Falls border).On entering the US border, they would give an administrative refusal or soft refusal since they know its just for PR landing.After that, rest of the formalities is just at the Canadian side.