App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 05-04-2016 SA:02-05-2016
File Transfer...
10-05-2016
Med's Done....
18-02-2016
My second friend who filed on Apr 19 also shows In Process on PR side now. I don't have any other details of his timeline.

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 03/jun/16
AOR Received.
in process on 09 june 2016
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
started processing june 13
Med's Request
Up front done in January 2016
Med's Done....
Background check 26 sept 2016
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
anilkumar925 said:
Thanks Johnny.

My wife's visa is valid till Jan 2017.

I am just wondering if they request for medials in case they missed, the processing would be delayed by atleast a month if not more right ?
you can always take an up front medical and send to ndvo any time as a cse if you affraid of missing or to avoid anticipated waiting ty

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 03/jun/16
AOR Received.
in process on 09 june 2016
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
started processing june 13
Med's Request
Up front done in January 2016
Med's Done....
Background check 26 sept 2016
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
deepax said:
Update. eCAS shows in process as of 9th June 2016. (Includes Medical line too but I didn't ask him when he first saw it).
congrats

hope87

Jun 9, 2016
Vikram18 said:
B4 and BSF form are the same. It used to be called B4 and now they have renumbered it to BFS186. Below is the link for the form:

For the gold (or any other item) that you'll bring later or will be sent to you, fill another BFS186 form. So basically one form for the items that are with you and another form for the items that you'll bring later or will follow. I'd suggest to list items like electronics, jewelry, etc. irrespective of the cost. No need to list the items like clothes, shoes, cosmetic. If you are not sure weather to list it or not, then just list it. Better to be safe. Also do carry the items which are with you and pictures of items to come in later. They don't generally see it but can.
Also remember you are listing the items which you own. If your parents are sending you something later, it is a gift and you cannot list it (unless you say it is yours).
Hi Vikram, I would like to thank you for the all the amazing work you were/are doing in helping out other members.
I have few questions for you. My wife recently received her stamped passport back from Ottawa office. She is currently in Canada on a Visitor visa. By the way she is Dec 21, 2015 applicant. We are planning to cross the border and do our landing process this weekend. My question is about filling the BSF186 form. I believe under the "Classification Type" , I need to check "Settler" box; and for the arrival date I should enter the date when she first landed as a visitor to Canada. Please correct me if I am wrong. She doesn't hold a valid US visa at this time. Does she need one to do the landing process? I hope you do not mind answering these questions. Thanks again.

Vikram18

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
31-03-2016 AOR2 Received: 19-04-2016
File Transfer...
07-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-02-2016
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2016
LANDED..........
24-06-2016
hope87 said:
Hi Vikram, I would like to thank you for the all the amazing work you were/are doing in helping out other members.
I have few questions for you. My wife recently received her stamped passport back from Ottawa office. She is currently in Canada on a Visitor visa. By the way she is Dec 21, 2015 applicant. We are planning to cross the border and do our landing process this weekend. My question is about filling the BSF186 form. I believe under the "Classification Type" , I need to check "Settler" box; and for the arrival date I should enter the date when she first landed as a visitor to Canada. Please correct me if I am wrong. She doesn't hold a valid US visa at this time. Does she need one to do the landing process? I hope you do not mind answering these questions. Thanks again.
You're welcome. Happy to help.

Yes, you have to select the 'settler' box. The arrival date is the date when you are going to the border for PR landing. When your wife came to Canada as a visitor, she was only visiting. The date when you go to the border (this weekend) is the actual date when she is landing and that is what the form is for. If there is anything wrong in the form, they'll correct it at the border itself by hand. Don't worry too much about it. Just fill in her stuff correctly.

You wife does not need a US visa to do the landing at the border. When you reach at the Canadian side of the border, tell them that you are flagpoling and same when you reach at the US side. Turn around and come back to Canadian side. They'll do the rest.

Good luck.

Btw, which border are you going to?

hope87

Jun 9, 2016
Thanks buddy. I live in Calgary. So, I am planning to cross Coutts border.

By the way, are there any CAD limits on the gold ornaments she can carry into Canada as an landed immigrant ? All she has in Canada right now are few wedding jewels.

Vikram18

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
07-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-02-2016
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2016
LANDED..........
24-06-2016
hope87 said:
Thanks buddy. I live in Calgary. So, I am planning to cross Coutts border.
That's good. I hope you know that you must NOT go to Carway.

hope87 said:
By the way, are there any CAD limits on the gold ornaments she can carry into Canada as an landed immigrant ? All she has in Canada right now are few wedding jewels.
What do you mean 'as a landed immigrant'? Do you mean the first time she is landing or later whenever she goes outside Canada and comes back in?

hope87

Jun 9, 2016
Vikram18 said:
That's good. I hope you know that you must NOT go to Carway.

I did not hear about Carway border crossing before. I do not plan to do that anyway :) I see that it is close to Waterton Park. Any specific reason not to take Carway.

What do you mean 'as a landed immigrant'? Do you mean the first time she is landing or later whenever she goes outside Canada and comes back in?
Sorry, I meant to say "as a Permanent resident". Just the confusing terminology. If it is for personal use only, I believe there shouldn't be any problem in carrying her ornaments regardless of cost. Is that right?

Vikram18

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
07-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-02-2016
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2016
LANDED..........
24-06-2016
hope87 said:
Sorry, I meant to say "as a Permanent resident". Just the confusing terminology. If it is for personal use only, I believe there shouldn't be any problem in carrying her ornaments regardless of cost. Is that right?
Carway does not entertain immigrants living in Canada to come to them for flagpoling. Read this:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/please-do-not-go-for-flag-polling-pr-landing-in-carway-alberta-t347567.0.html

Once your wife becomes PR, she has to pay duty on any gold (or other goods) she brings in to Canada. I think there is a very small limit that she can bring in duty free. If your wife has gold or other stuff in India, she has to declare it while landing and then she can carry it the next time she goes to India. Fill in a separate BSF form with the list of items that she will carry latter and get it stamped while landing. Do carry pictures of those items as they may ask for them.

hope87

Jun 9, 2016
Vikram18 said:
Once your wife becomes PR, she has to pay duty on any gold (or other goods) she brings in to Canada. I think there is a very small limit that she can bring in duty free. If your wife has gold or other stuff in India, she has to declare it while landing and then she can carry it the next time she goes to India. Fill in a separate BSF form with the list of items that she will carry latter and get it stamped while landing. Do carry pictures of those items as they may ask for them.
Thanks for answering and sorry to bug you with more question. \\Once your wife becomes PR, she has to pay duty on any gold (or other goods) she brings in to Canada. I think there is a very small limit that she can bring in duty free.// I didn't quite get this part. You mean to say, that she has to pay a duty for the wedding ring/chain which she wear it all the time. Aren't personal stuff exempted from duty ? Please clarify.

Vikram18

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
07-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-02-2016
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2016
LANDED..........
24-06-2016
hope87 said:
Thanks for answering and sorry to bug you with more question. \\Once your wife becomes PR, she has to pay duty on any gold (or other goods) she brings in to Canada. I think there is a very small limit that she can bring in duty free.// I didn't quite get this part. You mean to say, that she has to pay a duty for the wedding ring/chain which she wear it all the time. Aren't personal stuff exempted from duty ? Please clarify.
There are specific rules about the goods that you bring into Canada. On a high level, if you bought something outside Canada for personal use and not manufactured in certain countries in North America, then you have to pay duty. CBSA does not have time to check each and every passenger entering Canada that what he/she is wearing is bought outside or not. For that matter they would hardly check whats in your luggage. Lots of people get stuff in without declaring. But ideally if you buy something in India then you must declare and pay duty if it is more than the limit.

If your wife already has stuff in India, it's best that she declares it now while landing.

hope87

Jun 9, 2016
Vikram18 said:
There are specific rules about the goods that you bring into Canada. On a high level, if you bought something outside Canada for personal use and not manufactured in certain countries in North America, then you have to pay duty. CBSA does not have time to check each and every passenger entering Canada that what he/she is wearing is bought outside or not. For that matter they would hardly check whats in your luggage. Lots of people get stuff in without declaring. But ideally if you buy something in India then you must declare and pay duty if it is more than the limit.

If your wife already has stuff in India, it's best that she declares it now while landing.
That's helpful. Thanks for all your time and answers.

Varadar

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi (NDVO)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 10, 2016
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
AOR1: April 05,2016 | AOR2: May 04, 2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
April 25, 2016
Med's Done....
Jan 18, 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 08,2016
Vikram18 said:
You're welcome. Happy to help.

Yes, you have to select the 'settler' box. The arrival date is the date when you are going to the border for PR landing. When your wife came to Canada as a visitor, she was only visiting. The date when you go to the border (this weekend) is the actual date when she is landing and that is what the form is for. If there is anything wrong in the form, they'll correct it at the border itself by hand. Don't worry too much about it. Just fill in her stuff correctly.

You wife does not need a US visa to do the landing at the border. When you reach at the Canadian side of the border, tell them that you are flagpoling and same when you reach at the US side. Turn around and come back to Canadian side. They'll do the rest.

Good luck.

Btw, which border are you going to?
as far i know, if you enter US without valid travel document. you will be denied entry and sent back to Canada. You can definitely do landing this way however, in US records it will be denied entry. So, If at all you are applying for US visa in the future then you have to make sure you mention this as denied entry in your visa application and provide valid reasons for that. I know this becoz my close friend was rejected US visa for the above reasons.

Vikram18

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
07-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-02-2016
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2016
LANDED..........
24-06-2016
Varadar said:
as far i know, if you enter US without valid travel document. you will be denied entry and sent back to Canada. You can definitely do landing this way however, in US records it will be denied entry. So, If at all you are applying for US visa in the future then you have to make sure you mention this as denied entry in your visa application and provide valid reasons for that. I know this becoz my close friend was rejected US visa for the above reasons.
The denial which you get at US border is only an administrative denial (always given when flagpoling). It is not an actual denial since you are not trying to enter US. It will not have any impact on getting a US visa in the future or entering US. You mentioned a good point that it should be mentioned while applying for US visa in the future. Thanks for adding.