+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW DELHI - 2015 SPOUSAL VISA APPLICANTS

BeNice

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
Did anyone receive interview dates recently? Just wondering if they have gone past May and Early June applicants.
Thanks

db80

Star Member
Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2014
AOR Received.
01-01-2015 (SA: 06-01-2015)
File Transfer...
21-01-2015 (In Process from 17-08-2015)
Med's Request
15-10-2015 (new med request: 10-06-2016)
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
05-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2016
priya_7 said:
Hi db80,

You can either email them back or go through an MP and get them to change where the stamping happens (i.e. USA). You can ask them to do that. But yeah if you do not want to let them know that you are now living in the States and not Canada then it would be better to get it sent to the Canadian address and get the stamping done in Ottawa.
NDVO already has our US address as our mailing address, yet the only options they provided are submitting the passport in India or to CPC-Ottawa. I can postal mail the passport from USA to CPC-Ottawa or I can even drive to Canada to mail my wife's passport to CPC-Ottawa with a Canadian address return envelope, but the PPR specifically says the following which is of concern.

"If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa."

I emailed NDVO for clarification. Does NDVO typically change visa office so that I can submit my passport to New York or Los Angeles visa office, or give me the go-ahead to mail the passport from USA to CPC-Ottawa?

priya_7

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2015
AOR Received.
30-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
Interview........
Recommended as per GCMS
Passport Req..
Soon I hope!
VISA ISSUED...
Sooner !!
db80 said:
NDVO already has our US address as our mailing address, yet the only options they provided are submitting the passport in India or to CPC-Ottawa. I can postal mail the passport from USA to CPC-Ottawa or I can even drive to Canada to mail my wife's passport to CPC-Ottawa with a Canadian address return envelope, but the PPR specifically says the following which is of concern.

"If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa."

I emailed NDVO for clarification. Does NDVO typically change visa office so that I can submit my passport to New York or Los Angeles visa office, or give me the go-ahead to mail the passport from USA to CPC-Ottawa?
Hi db80,

Yes they do have the ability to change the visa office, provided legit reasons are given. And sometimes even going through an MP for such a scenario helps because it takes forever for them to respond to emails that are sent by us. But if you have a mailbox that is locked or like postal box with a key in Canada then I dont think it should be of concern when they mail your passport back to the Canadian address. They have that clause in there just for security purposes to protect your from identity theft (i.e. passport being stolen from your mailbox if its not a locked one).

db80

Star Member
Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2014
AOR Received.
01-01-2015 (SA: 06-01-2015)
File Transfer...
21-01-2015 (In Process from 17-08-2015)
Med's Request
15-10-2015 (new med request: 10-06-2016)
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
05-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2016
priya_7 said:
Hi db80,

Yes they do have the ability to change the visa office, provided legit reasons are given. And sometimes even going through an MP for such a scenario helps because it takes forever for them to respond to emails that are sent by us. But if you have a mailbox that is locked or like postal box with a key in Canada then I dont think it should be of concern when they mail your passport back to the Canadian address. They have that clause in there just for security purposes to protect your from identity theft (i.e. passport being stolen from your mailbox if its not a locked one).
Thanks Priya!

luckygirl14

Star Member
Jul 10, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 NOV 2015
pranaysharma08 said:
Yes.
Background check has not begun yet.

What about you luckygirl14?
same for us too. What's your eligibility status? Is it passed?

pranaysharma08

Apr 26, 2015
Hyderabad, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
29-01-2016
File Transfer...
01-02-2016
Med's Request
Remedical request on 01 Nov 2016
Med's Done....
Remedical completed on 04 Nov 2016
Interview........
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
luckygirl14 said:
same for us too. What's your eligibility status? Is it passed?
Its in review.

vannak

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
September 04 2016
Interview........
hope not
LANDED..........
soon
Help please...
I just checked online my status shows on yhe sponsorship side decision made and on the permanent side on prosesse still wat that means???

Sukhbhullar90

Star Member
Sep 1, 2016
vannak said:
Help please...
I just checked online my status shows on yhe sponsorship side decision made and on the permanent side on prosesse still wat that means???
It means your sponsership has approved and your file is in process in NDVO for your PR procedure
So just wait for it

luckygirl14

Star Member
Jul 10, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 NOV 2015
pranaysharma08 said:
Its in review.
Did you get the Decison Made on the sponsor side when you check your ecas. Mine says decison made since 10 days but principal applicant side still in progress

pranaysharma08

Apr 26, 2015
Hyderabad, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
29-01-2016
File Transfer...
01-02-2016
Med's Request
Remedical request on 01 Nov 2016
Med's Done....
Remedical completed on 04 Nov 2016
Interview........
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
luckygirl14 said:
Did you get the Decison Made on the sponsor side when you check your ecas. Mine says decison made since 10 days but principal applicant side still in progress
Sponsor side verification and decision gets complete within 2 3 months of application submission. It is after this when application is sent to NDVO.
I however, have not checked my sponsor status.

I believe, PR completion is the one which matters. Incase sponsor DM would have been failed, application would not have come to NDVO.
BTW whats your eligibility criteria status?

Shahzadahmadzai

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2015
Doc's Request.
Not et
AOR Received.
December 2015
File Transfer...
December 2015
Med's Request
December 28-2016
Med's Done....
January 08-2017
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
lensed said:
Any October applicants hear anything positive?
I'm October applicatant but heard nothing :mad:

Beardy_Geek

Star Member
May 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
Med's Request
16-04-2016
Med's Done....
25-04-2016
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
InshaAllah soon
LANDED..........
InshaAllah soon
Sukhbhullar90 said:
Is there any applicant who's background check is IN PROCESS for so long????
Hey i m may 2015 Applicant done reassessment on April 2016 it's been 140 days after that no update done mp inquiry two times says medical results passed in July eligibility passed background checks in progress n criminal checks have not started ...why it is takin that long ..really frustrating here ...

sharon2939

Mar 22, 2016
vannak said:
Help please...
I have the same update. There are three steps under the Decision Made segment-

Sponsorship and Eligibility Status Determined
We have made a decision on your sponsorship application. We will inform you in writing of the decision.

Application Forwarded to Visa Office
We have forwarded your application to the Visa Office for final processing. Quebec residents please see the relevant diagram.

Sponsor Advised of Decision Made
We will inform you in writing of the decision made on your sponsorship application. We will send you a Permanent Resident Kit that you will need to forward to the family class relative you are sponsoring.

Because the first two steps have already taken place- that is that sponsor was informed of the decision for sponsorship on basis of which the application was forwarded to visa office (step 2), now its third step after which the status is showing Decision Made.

Has any sponsor received any email after seeing the status as Decision Made under sponsorship?

punjabi1986

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016
Jazz72 said:
Hi everyone,
I am FEB 2015 applicant. Had my interview on 20th July 2016 , it went well, they said the case is approved. Today I got a call from their side which I missed, I called on the number from where I had received the call and they told me to wait for another call. Has anyone had a similar experience? After how long do they make the second call or do they try to contact you through email? Will it delay the process, as I am going to complete 19 months on 17th September? Anyone having any knowledge about a case like mine about missing the phone call can answer. Little worried as don't want any more delays.
Why u get interview?
Mine is on 28 sept
I get interview cuz I made attempts before with student visa and under pnp process.
What's was ur cause?
I am in tension
What question wud they do?
Hope for visa
Plz god bless me with visa