+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW DELHI - 2015 SPOUSAL VISA APPLICANTS

vnarayan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
@ chillkotcee,

I think we all in this forum should write a letter to Chris Alexander, minister of immigration to allocate necessary resources to fasten the family class PR applications especially the spouse ones. With the elections coming, this is a good opportunity to push for changes in policies related to immigration. Just as citizenship process has become more streamlined, the PR process should also. I also think till the PR is in process, they should understand this and allow much easier processing of TRV for spouse outside canada instead of being so stringent. This will at least allow spouses to come to Canada on TRV much easily while PR is on process instead of being away with the loved ones for a longer time!

Guys - Let us all be serious and do something about this PR long processing times and TRV strict processing. Its time we all raise the questions or write a nice letter to Chris alexander which will force them to do something especially with these elections coming instead of just congratulating each other on TRV. This will not only help us but is also going to help future applicants otherwise this is just going to continue like this with more people crying about the wait times in the future!

I think we should all join hands together and try to bring a change to the system! I sincerely request everyone to please write a letter to MP or Chris Alexander to let them know about this lengthy wait times. The more letters they get they will come to know about the seriousness of the situation. Therefore, I encourage everyone to take the required action!

Cheers.

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
marina_quelle said:
Thank you...can you please provide a procedure on how to update NDVO and send a case specific inquiry?
Case specific in inquiry can be sent via
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=new%20delhi

Email:
DELHI-IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

They do have a mailing address which I am not sure off.

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello house!!

My fiancé is a new PR in Canada. We plan to get married this year end in India, then file for my spousal PR outland to NDVO.

- How much time does it take at NDVO from application submission to PPR? I have heard its 8-9 months, is that true?

- Say I apply for a Canadian tourist visa as a single applicant, before our marriage, and get it; can I then file my PR in India after marriage and then travel to Canada as a tourist and live with my hubby for 6 months?

- Can my husband be in India all the while my PR is being processed in India? Is it a requirement that while my PR is being processed in India, he HAS to stay in Canada only?

Appreciate your guidance.

Cheers!

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
spousal2015app said:
Hello house!!

My fiancé is a new PR in Canada. We plan to get married this year end in India, then file for my spousal PR outland to NDVO.

- How much time does it take at NDVO from application submission to PPR? I have heard its 8-9 months, is that true?

- Say I apply for a Canadian tourist visa as a single applicant, before our marriage, and get it; can I then file my PR in India after marriage and then travel to Canada as a tourist and live with my hubby for 6 months?

- Can my husband be in India all the while my PR is being processed in India? Is it a requirement that while my PR is being processed in India, he HAS to stay in Canada only?

Appreciate your guidance.

Cheers!
answered in the 2014 thread

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
spousal2015app said:
Can you kindly provide a link to that, if handy.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t180473.25065.html;topicseen

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
vnarayan said:
@ chillkotcee,

I think we all in this forum should write a letter to Chris Alexander, minister of immigration to allocate necessary resources to fasten the family class PR applications especially the spouse ones. With the elections coming, this is a good opportunity to push for changes in policies related to immigration. Just as citizenship process has become more streamlined, the PR process should also. I also think till the PR is in process, they should understand this and allow much easier processing of TRV for spouse outside canada instead of being so stringent. This will at least allow spouses to come to Canada on TRV much easily while PR is on process instead of being away with the loved ones for a longer time!

Guys - Let us all be serious and do something about this PR long processing times and TRV strict processing. Its time we all raise the questions or write a nice letter to Chris alexander which will force them to do something especially with these elections coming instead of just congratulating each other on TRV. This will not only help us but is also going to help future applicants otherwise this is just going to continue like this with more people crying about the wait times in the future!

I think we should all join hands together and try to bring a change to the system! I sincerely request everyone to please write a letter to MP or Chris Alexander to let them know about this lengthy wait times. The more letters they get they will come to know about the seriousness of the situation. Therefore, I encourage everyone to take the required action!

Cheers.
Here is the reply spiker79 got in response to his/her mail. You should know that there are lots and lots of petitions going around without any fruitful outcome.

Dear XXX:
This is in reply to your correspondence of July 10, 2015, addressed to Mr. Chris Alexander, Canada's Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, concerning your petition against the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi. I regret the delay in responding.

Canada has one of the most generous family reunification programs in the world. Providing clients with as efficient and timely service as possible is one of this Department's major commitments. However, as with all Canadian government departments and agencies, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) must administer its resources responsibly within its financial capacities and within the parameters of the immigration plan tabled annually in parliament.

Each year, CIC receives more applications than can be processed within the annual levels plan. The immigration system also remains subject to major fluctuations in application volume for permanent and temporary residence. Fluctuations in intake volumes strain the processing network and affects inventory volumes and processing times year to year.

Each visa office throughout CIC's overseas network faces unique program challenges that reflect the type and volumes of both permanent and temporary resident applications processed, issues related to the extent of territorial responsibility, program integrity concerns and the infrastructure capacities of the region in which they work.

The visa offices in India face exceptional processing challenges in delivering immigration programs. These include; a large geographic area of responsibility, regional security concerns that can restrict area travel to conduct immigration interviews, poor local infrastructure, limited communications and postal service outside major urban centers throughout the region that negatively impacts on contact with clients, and the necessity for interviews in a large number of applications. All these challenges add to the length of processing times for applications submitted to India's offices.

India and Chandigarh are large centers for both permanent and temporary migration. The offices consist of Canada Based Officers, Medical Officers, Migration Integrity Officers and many Locally Engaged Staff. They cover a large territory of Afghanistan, Bhutan, India and Nepal. These offices receive over 100,000 permanent and temporary resident applications per year.

CIC has introduced a number of modernization initiatives, like the Visa Application Centre network, designed to streamline and lower processing times, to help further manage inventories and to create flexibility in the processing network. CIC has developed important tools such as the Global Case Management System and an electronic suite of services, which are having a positive impact on our work abroad. India has already seen gains in terms of processing efficiencies, redistribution of work and tracking of cases.

With regard to your request for a meeting with the Minister, ministerial officials have noted your request for a meeting. Unfortunately, the Minister's schedule cannot accommodate your request at this time.

Thank you for taking the time to write the Minister.

cool_fs4u

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2015
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
File Transfer...
14-09-2015
Med's Done....
15-06-2015
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2016
Vizzynuts said:
Hi All,

Just wanted to give an update.

We received your application for permanent residence on June 17, 2015.
Medical results have been received.

On August 24, 2015, my wife in India received an AOR2 from the Delhi office.

Looks like things are going swimmingly.

Also, some notes that might be helpful to others: I had applied for my wife's Temporary Residence Visa (TRV) in early August. She was approved for the TRV and she will come visit me in Canada in Oct and Nov. There were no issues in applying for her visa as we clearly indicated that she had strong ties to India (ie she had a job, she must return to fulfil her employment contract, car still in India, bank statements for the past 6 months, etc). So yes, I believe that you can apply for a Family Sponsorship AND subsequently apply for a TRV successfully.

I was wondering if anyone got called for an interview? If so, how long before they request an interview. I hope that they dont request an interview while she is in Canada. That would make things messy.

Vizzy
Can you provide any tips for successfully getting TRV? I have heard that there is a high rate of rejection.

Thanks!

Aug 12, 2015
Hello everyone! Just like most of you, I'm waiting for my spouse to get approved for PR. In the meanwhile, I thought I'd apply for visitor's visa. My wife just finished applying online today. I know there are people in this thread who are waiting for PR and got approved for a visitors visa in the meanwhile. I would appreciate it if those people could give me feedback on two questions:

1 - When submitting the online application, did you submit a copy of your ENTIRE passport electronically or just the few pages that have your birth date, country of origin etc.. and any pages with visas, markings, stamps, pictures? Is it necessary to submit to entire passport electronically, even the blank pages?

2 - And also, my wife lives in India and submitted her application online from India. Does the application get assessed by New Delhi?

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
hydsponsorship said:
Hello everyone! Just like most of you, I'm waiting for my spouse to get approved for PR. In the meanwhile, I thought I'd apply for visitor's visa. My wife just finished applying online today. I know there are people in this thread who are waiting for PR and got approved for a visitors visa in the meanwhile. I would appreciate it if those people could give me feedback on two questions:

1 - When submitting the online application, did you submit a copy of your ENTIRE passport electronically or just the few pages that have your birth date, country of origin etc.. and any pages with visas, markings, stamps, pictures? Is it necessary to submit to entire passport electronically, even the blank pages?

2 - And also, my wife lives in India and submitted her application online from India. Does the application get assessed by New Delhi?
It is sufficient to submit pages which have data in them, visas, stamps and your first and last page

Tourist visas are getting processed in Bangalore

aniket

Aug 6, 2012
Hallo Friends i am new to this thread and just need information, i am in the process of applying spouse visa for my wife. do i need to get all her civil & identity document notarized or certified. i mean the photocopies of passport, voter card, Pan card & other photocopied documents

mkv

Aug 10, 2015
aniket said:
Hallo Friends i am new to this thread and just need information, i am in the process of applying spouse visa for my wife. do i need to get all her civil & identity document notarized or certified. i mean the photocopies of passport, voter card, Pan card & other photocopied documents
HI Aniket,

No, You do not need to notarize or certify photocopies of any document; as it says in the guide. (It is not required but if you do so, its good)
I submitted all notarized and certified photocopies just to be on the safe side.

Beyomkesh

Aug 6, 2015
Hi I sent my file to Mississauga office in 30th June.....I haven't received SA till now......can anyone tell me upto when SA can b done.....and when the file will b shifted to NDVO.

Thanks.