Passport Req..
Aug 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 9, 2016
LANDED..........
Sept 10, 2016
Hi All,

Just wanted to give an update.

We received your application for permanent residence on June 17, 2015.
Medical results have been received.

On August 24, 2015, my wife in India received an AOR2 from the Delhi office.

Looks like things are going swimmingly.

Also, some notes that might be helpful to others: I had applied for my wife's Temporary Residence Visa (TRV) in early August. She was approved for the TRV and she will come visit me in Canada in Oct and Nov. There were no issues in applying for her visa as we clearly indicated that she had strong ties to India (ie she had a job, she must return to fulfil her employment contract, car still in India, bank statements for the past 6 months, etc). So yes, I believe that you can apply for a Family Sponsorship AND subsequently apply for a TRV successfully.

I was wondering if anyone got called for an interview? If so, how long before they request an interview. I hope that they dont request an interview while she is in Canada. That would make things messy.

Vizzy

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
Vizzynuts said:
Hi All,

Also, some notes that might be helpful to others: I had applied for my wife's Temporary Residence Visa (TRV) in early August. She was approved for the TRV and she will come visit me in Canada in Oct and Nov. There were no issues in applying for her visa as we clearly indicated that she had strong ties to India (ie she had a job, she must return to fulfil her employment contract, car still in India, bank statements for the past 6 months, etc). So yes, I believe that you can apply for a Family Sponsorship AND subsequently apply for a TRV successfully.

I was wondering if anyone got called for an interview? If so, how long before they request an interview. I hope that they dont request an interview while she is in Canada. That would make things messy.

Vizzy
Congrats Vizzynuts :) on her getting the TRV. Most couples dont get an interview and if you are following the 2014 thread it looks like people from April/May 2014 are still waiting for interview requests.

rambopg

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
25-Jun-2015
File Transfer...
07-Jul-2015
Med's Request
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
24-May-2016
Passport Req..
14-Jun-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
1-Jul-2016
Shiv612 said:
Hi guys,
I have a ques. I am june 2015 applicant. I am not sure if in future i'll be called for interview but want to know if i need to prepare any documents, evidences on my part? My wife is in canada and i am in india. Can someone please reply this question.
If you are called for interview. You will be notified 1.5 month in advance of the interview date. However, you can know WAYYYY in advance by doing MP inquiry or through your notes if you are recommended for interview.
I would say you should not worry about preparing right now since your file hasn't even been opened yet.
The interview is usually only for the spouse in india.

rambopg

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
25-Jun-2015
File Transfer...
07-Jul-2015
Med's Request
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
24-May-2016
Passport Req..
14-Jun-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
1-Jul-2016
Vizzynuts said:
Hi All,

Vizzy
congrats Vizzy! I will apply for TRV in Nov. or Dec. just in case as back up.

You should hope you are not queued for interview. Once 8-9 months pass after your file has reached Delhi, order notes to find out if you are recommended for interview or not. People who are waiting for interview letter have to wait for 1.5 year from the date you applied to get interview date.

As draxz said, people who applied in April/May 2014 are getting interview dates for Oct. 2015.

regards,

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gurkul said:
hi every one
I have quick question, new processing time for ndvo is 17 months,
does it apply to all of us, means who applied already
This is average Time for the files that is processed in certain period.It does apply to case that is not in process yet.But now looks like NDVO is showing in process immediately after application received for few June applicants so it will be applicable to them also.
Time of individual case may also depend on many factors like below.
(1) Is all proofs are included to help make decision fast.
(2) Is there any red flag for the file.
(3) Is it first time the sponsorship is filed for spouse or There was any previous Sponsorship for another spouse.
(4) it may vary to visa officer who is verifying all information.
(5) How many files are already in queue to be processed under that visa Officer.

so the time that is given it is for the files that is already been processes.Yes it is applicable to Files who is not in process yet.

Best of luck

rammy_xyz

Jul 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
These are the questions asked to one of my friend who had love marriage and had 7 years of long relationship.

1. Why did you wait so long for wedding when you have been in relationship more than 7 years?
2. isn't you were only waiting her to get Canadian PR, so you can go to Canada through her?
3. Where does she work?
4. what is her salary?
5. In which bank she has account?
6. What is her boss name?
7 What is her address?
8. Where were your very first visiting after wedding? (make sure very first!!!! not honeymoon)?
9. how many people were at home next day of your wedding?
10. How often you communicate?
11. what source do you use to communicate?
12. some questions were about the person who arrange this marriage?

itsmeysh

Mar 18, 2015
Gearbox said:
New member here.

Got married a couple months ago in Cochin , India.

Met my wife through two mutual friends, chatted on skype for a month. Met her ( She was working there for the last couple years) and her parents for the first time in Dubai during Easter holidays. She met my parents as well then ( my parents are working in Dubai).

A month later, traveled to India and got married.

A question about photographs. I have about 40 photographs for the engagement ( held two days before the wedding) , 75 or so pictures printed for the wedding and engagement . Is that a good number ? Do I need to get more ?

Also, a few days after the wedding, we attended the baptism and first communion of my wife's sisters' daughter . I do have 30 or so pictures from that function.

In the coming days, we attended another two engagements ( both my cousins) and one baptism( my school mates daughter) . Will including pictures of all these additional functions be a good thing ?

I m currently in the process of getting all the forms filled out. I was thinking the option C form could be printed off the CRA "my account". I don't see that option there. So had to call in for that ( the IVR does say you can get option C from "my account"). That's another 10 days i guess.

Now before you apply brother, I would recommend you get a visit visa for your spouse (chances are better if she is employed) and get her to Canada. Then file for an Inland PR application and then apply for an open work permit once the inland PR application is under process. This would be a better way to go if you do not want to stay away from your spouse for over a year.

Vizzynuts

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
May 30, 2016 - more wedding pictures and cohab info
AOR Received.
June 17, 2015
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
August 24, 2015
Med's Request
Remed request - August 3, 2016
Med's Done....
Done and sent with application
Passport Req..
Aug 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 9, 2016
LANDED..........
Sept 10, 2016
rambopg said:
congrats Vizzy! I will apply for TRV in Nov. or Dec. just in case as back up.

You should hope you are not queued for interview. Once 8-9 months pass after your file has reached Delhi, order notes to find out if you are recommended for interview or not. People who are waiting for interview letter have to wait for 1.5 year from the date you applied to get interview date.

As draxz said, people who applied in April/May 2014 are getting interview dates for Oct. 2015.

regards,
That doesnt make sense? April/May 2014 should already be in Canada. That seems like a long time. Unless you mean to say April/May 2015?

rambopg

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
25-Jun-2015
File Transfer...
07-Jul-2015
Med's Request
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
24-May-2016
Passport Req..
14-Jun-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
1-Jul-2016
Vizzynuts said:
That doesnt make sense? April/May 2014 should already be in Canada. That seems like a long time. Unless you mean to say April/May 2015?
Normally yes, april/may 2014 should already be in Canada if their files were straight forward and no interview recommended.
But since they are recommended for interview, add extra time to receive interview letter. Check out the below 2014 NDVO spreadsheet. See Magicman and fiza11 and hunny singh waiting for their interview dates.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApoaDx-HWbWGdGdFdC1VblNuNnZobi1CTFFsWUJLMkE#gid=22

Vizzynuts

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
May 30, 2016 - more wedding pictures and cohab info
AOR Received.
June 17, 2015
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
August 24, 2015
Med's Request
Remed request - August 3, 2016
Med's Done....
Done and sent with application
Passport Req..
Aug 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 9, 2016
LANDED..........
Sept 10, 2016
rambopg said:
Normally yes, april/may 2014 should already be in Canada if their files were straight forward and no interview recommended.
But since they are recommended for interview, add extra time to receive interview letter. Check out the below 2014 NDVO spreadsheet. See Magicman and fiza11 and hunny singh waiting for their interview dates.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApoaDx-HWbWGdGdFdC1VblNuNnZobi1CTFFsWUJLMkE#gid=22
Ah ok... thanks.

So in 8 - 9 months, i'd have to apply for GCMS notes to see if an interview is recommended?

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016

marina_quelle

Star Member
Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
06-01-2015
Feb 2015 applicant here. Me and husband are starting to find the waiting period too much. He is worried he will have to do his medical & police clearance certificate again. Is it a possibility that they will ask us to do this, even though our application is received in Delhi and they said medicals have been received?

My other questions:
- My husband renewed his passport. What's the procedure in informing NDVO about this?
- What applications are NDVO working on right now, so we can have an idea as to how long they're going to take?

My god, the waiting period is now getting too much to bear.

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
itsmeysh said:
Now before you apply brother, I would recommend you get a visit visa for your spouse (chances are better if she is employed) and get her to Canada. Then file for an Inland PR application and then apply for an open work permit once the inland PR application is under process. This would be a better way to go if you do not want to stay away from your spouse for over a year.
Yes you can apply for visit visa before the application but ONLY if you are absolutely sure you can get it - the applicant has a job, assets etc
the reason being if it gets rejected you will have to mention it on the PR forms; you can apply for the visit visa after the PR. itsmeysh and OP DONT I repeat DONT apply inland yes there is a dangling carrot of the open work permit but keep in mind the processing time for inland is very high and its recommend to apply outland - You can apply outland even with the spouse being in Canada which is taking an average 8-9 months which is basically the visit visa duration.

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
marina_quelle said:
Feb 2015 applicant here. Me and husband are starting to find the waiting period too much. He is worried he will have to do his medical & police clearance certificate again. Is it a possibility that they will ask us to do this, even though our application is received in Delhi and they said medicals have been received?

My other questions:
- My husband renewed his passport. What's the procedure in informing NDVO about this?
- What applications are NDVO working on right now, so we can have an idea as to how long they're going to take?

My god, the waiting period is now getting too much to bear.
The medicals is valid for 12 months from the date it was done so if your file is still in process while the medicals are expiring or expired they have the authority to extend it for 3 months or they will ask to do re-medicals but keep in mind they wont issue you the visa if the medicals have expired- when did he do the medical test?

If he renewed his passport he has to update them with the new one asap by sending a case specific inquiry
NDVO is working on applications from received by Mississauga in Sept/Oct 2014 though some applications from Nov/Dec/Jan have got IP.
On average it taking 8-9 months from the time the file reaches NDVO after SA

marina_quelle

Star Member
Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
06-01-2015
draxz1289 said:
The medicals is valid for 12 months from the date it was done so if your file is still in process while the medicals are expiring or expired they have the authority to extend it for 3 months or they will ask to do re-medicals but keep in mind they wont issue you the visa if the medicals have expired- when did he do the medical test?

If he renewed his passport he has to update them with the new one asap by sending a case specific inquiry
NDVO is working on applications from received by Mississauga in Sept/Oct 2014 though some applications from Nov/Dec/Jan have got IP.
On average it taking 8-9 months from the time the file reaches NDVO after SA
Thank you...can you please provide a procedure on how to update NDVO and send a case specific inquiry?