Passport Req..
Pending
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
sunny6359 said:
Going for Re-medical

My wife's medical will be expiring soon and there is still no update on my file. When it comes to getting your re-medical done without NDVO letter, I have seen mix feedback and experiences here.

1. Some applicant prefer to go for re-medical even without NDVO letter. The mainly reason is that this will help to prevent further delay on there application. It might take time for NDVO to request and then again review your file.

2. Some applicant waits for the NDVO letter. some of the reasons i heard is that NDVO issue a number when they request re-medical. It is always better to attach that number to expedite your application. the other reason could be that it make take NDVO some time to get to your document as they were not expecting it.

One thing for sure that i will wait for medical to expire and then take the next step. What you guys think about this ??
I totally second your idea. You never know what NDVO's next step for your application, would be.

Kamaldeep momi

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
innosense said:
Guys,

Those who are waiting in In process for long time like >2 months, write email to DELHIIMMIGRATION @ international.gc.ca and also case-review-im-enquiry @ cic.gc.ca with below details. If your file is simply waiting for some officer to look at and everything is completed they will push it forward.
All the Best !

Applicant Name:
Date of Birth:
UCI:
File #:
Email id: It's been 12 months now still AR what should I do?

pindu

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March-2015
AOR Received.
May-2015
File Transfer...
May-2015
Med's Request
20 jan 2016
Med's Done....
Dec.-2014
Interview........
waived
harkrs123 said:
I totally second your idea. You never know what NDVO's next step for your application, would be.
I think 2nd choice you should follow if it is PCC you should make it in advance.

rs3710

Star Member
May 22, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2014
AOR Received.
AOR1 : 16-09-2014 , SA : 30-10-2014
File Transfer...
AOR2: 14-11-2014, In Process : 01-07-2015
Med's Request
07-07-2015
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Passport Req..
07-10-2015
sunny6359 said:
Going for Re-medical

My wife's medical will be expiring soon and there is still no update on my file. When it comes to getting your re-medical done without NDVO letter, I have seen mix feedback and experiences here.

1. Some applicant prefer to go for re-medical even without NDVO letter. The mainly reason is that this will help to prevent further delay on there application. It might take time for NDVO to request and then again review your file.

2. Some applicant waits for the NDVO letter. some of the reasons i heard is that NDVO issue a number when they request re-medical. It is always better to attach that number to expedite your application. the other reason could be that it make take NDVO some time to get to your document as they were not expecting it.

One thing for sure that i will wait for medical to expire and then take the next step. What you guys think about this ??
I am Sep 2014 applicant and even my medicals are expiring by end of June.My status is still Ar/MR and as per notes nothing has started on the application.
I emailed Delhi immigration to ask if I should wait or get re-medicals done. They responded this :

"Please be advised that your file is in the queue for initial review. It will be reviewed in accordance with its place in the queue for applicants in this category, based on the application received date. Please wait until you receive a fresh medical instruction from this office. "

rts1986

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/10/2014
AOR Received.
14/11/2014
File Transfer...
27/11/2014
Med's Done....
17/7/2014
Hi all,

Need help!

I am an October 2014 applicant and since there has been no progress whatsoever on my application, I was considering applying for a TRV to visit my husband in Canada. However, I'm confused regarding a few things and would appreciate guidance if anyone here can help!

1.GCMS notes suggest that my file is OPEN & IN PROGRESS (eligibility, criminality & security have not started. Medicals have been passed as I had done an upfront medical exam.) However, ecas shows only AR / MR. Is there a difference between in-progress and in-process? Or are they the same thing?

2.Since I am currently not working, what strong ties can I show to return to India. From what I've read online, I need to convince the visa officer that I will not overstay and jeopardize my PR application and return to India at the end of the visa duration granted. Can you guide me what can I provide as "strong ties to India"?

3.Incase TRV is granted, and a re-medical or re-submission of PCC is requested while I am in Canada, how can this be done?

4. In case theTRV is rejected, will it hamper my PRapplication process in any way and will there be a rejection stamp on the passport?

Below is my timeline:
•Application received by CIC on 6th Oct 2014
•Sponsor Approval granted on 14th Nov 2014
•AOR2 / File transferred to Delhi on 27th Nov 2014
•Upfront Medicals done on 17th July 2014

Please advice,
R.

bigredmoose

Dec 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AUS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
AOR Received.
24-12-2014
File Transfer...
06-01-2015
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2015 (COPR)
LANDED..........
08/07/2015
d4d said:
from what i have read, an officer can refuse your entry on trv if you arrive with one way ticket. Stating that you expect to get DM and PPR while in canada doesnt work. However, in some cases, people have gotten TRV and pretty much followed with a DM but plan on submitting the passport in Canada would have a valid reason to show an officer the proof and be allowed to enter with one way ticket.

My suggestion, generally, two way ticket is only a few hundred dollars more than one way. just go with two way and take a small lose if you get PPR while in canada.
Important to note that some airlines will refuse to let you board on a one way ticket if you don't have status in the destination country. The reason is if you are rejected at destination, the airline has to take you back.

sunny6359

Aug 29, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 6, 2014
File Transfer...
In Process from Aug 17,2015
Med's Done....
September, 2015
Passport Req..
DM on Oct 30, 2015. Waiting for PPR
rs3710 said:
I am Sep 2014 applicant and even my medicals are expiring by end of June.My status is still Ar/MR and as per notes nothing has started on the application.
I emailed Delhi immigration to ask if I should wait or get re-medicals done. They responded this :

"Please be advised that your file is in the queue for initial review. It will be reviewed in accordance with its place in the queue for applicants in this category, based on the application received date. Please wait until you receive a fresh medical instruction from this office. "
Oh ok... i guess then i should also wait. they did not start my application yet.

Hanna Jacob

Aug 21, 2014
ManjitandJasteven said:
haha same with us
they said it will take over a month but if you pay extra money it will be ready in days
It took 3 days to get the signed form from the commisioner office for me.
But the police at the local station r horrible. They were asking for docs which were not even required and when we gave money, they finished it immediately.
It takes 5min to update our details in their online portal and we just have to pick up from commisioner office.

Hanna Jacob

Aug 21, 2014
Amana13 said:
Hey Hanna, I would wait for PCC request if they want one and not go ahead and do it prior because honestly I don't know how they work in regards to this document when it expires. Sometimes they ask and other times they don't.
Yeah I decided to wait for the request :)

spiker79

Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
24-02-2015
File Transfer...
April2015
Med's Request
7th Dec 2015
Med's Done....
02-11-2014, 02-06-2015
Interview........
**Recommend Interview Waiver**
Passport Req..
DM: 24 Mar 2016 PPR 4 April 2016
VISA ISSUED...
6 April 2016, PPT Back 8 April 2016
LANDED..........
21 April 2016
After reading quite a number of post regarding remedical, my guess is NDVO will stop processing your application after your medical reaches 10 months (2 months to expire). bcus there is no way your could enter Canada within 2 months in which your application review by CIC takes 1-1.5 months.
My wife did re-medical this week with 4 months remaining to expire.

It is generally known that CIC would process faster if they have all they need to process. Its your responsibility to make sure they have all they need when they pick up your application to process. Otherwise, there will be delay for sure.

If money is not issue, do medical before it goes to in-process. Otherwise wait for letter from CIC which would add 2-3 months to your timeline.

For new applications who are submitting application for first time I would suggest them to do medical after SA and your file reaches NDVO. NDVO sends automated email to submit medical, that is when your should do medical and submit. Adding up front medical as mandatory in your application package is misleading to be honest. Doing medical before submitting initial application package is both waste of time and money.

sunny6359 said:
Going for Re-medical

Amana13

Star Member
May 27, 2015
Hey Spiker79, I completely agree with your comment for new applicants to wait to do their medical after it reaches Delhi. Our file went to Delhi in Jan 2014 and if we had done our medicals after then by time my husbands interview came in Jan 2015 they would have still been valid and no need to do remedicals. So doing them prior to filing application is misleading especially with the rate they are working on files many expire before visa is issued.

Secondly, VO has option to extend medicals for 3 months after expiry at their own discretion it's not the case always but they can do it. So wait till 13 months have passed since last medical and then if no request is sent to go ahead and complete medicals. If you do medicals couple months before expiry of original you are just giving NDVO more time to process file slowly because now date of your medicals is extended by another year. But again you have to go with your own decision and what u think is right because as per Spiker's comments his wife did medical 4 months prior to expiry, however, I have read past members get phone calls from NDVO asking 2-3 weeks prior to expiry if they can fly out ASAP and they will get visa. So they don't stop working on files 2 months before expiry in all cases.

ramboremo

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Nomination.....
In Process from Aor2 date as of Aug 10, 2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2014
File Transfer...
07-11-2014
Med's Request
ReMedical Req. - Oct 20, 2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2014
Passport Req..
10-11-2015
spiker79 said:
After reading quite a number of post regarding remedical, my guess is NDVO will stop processing your application after your medical reaches 10 months (2 months to expire). bcus there is no way your could enter Canada within 2 months in which your application review by CIC takes 1-1.5 months.
My wife did re-medical this week with 4 months remaining to expire.

It is generally known that CIC would process faster if they have all they need to process. Its your responsibility to make sure they have all they need when they pick up your application to process. Otherwise, there will be delay for sure.

If money is not issue, do medical before it goes to in-process. Otherwise wait for letter from CIC which would add 2-3 months to your timeline.

For new applications who are submitting application for first time I would suggest them to do medical after SA and your file reaches NDVO. NDVO sends automated email to submit medical, that is when your should do medical and submit. Adding up front medical as mandatory in your application package is misleading to be honest. Doing medical before submitting initial application package is both waste of time and money.
For Re-medicals with out request: how they can attach re-med to our file? I think new remed. will ahve new UMI right?

Amana13

Star Member
May 27, 2015
ramboremo said:
For Re-medicals with out request: how they can attach re-med to our file? I think new remed. will ahve new UMI right?
Hey ramboremo, they will have to manually attach new IME no. upon sending them e-receipt if medicals are done without request which can take a month or more. If you do it upon request the form will have an IME no already registered into their data base, whereby, once the e-medical is completed by physician it gets uploaded and automatically reaches Delhi in couple of days.

Arvind12

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2015
File Transfer...
10-03-15 - INPROCESS - 07/08/2015
Med's Request
Upfront on 14-11-2014 . remed req. Dec 4
Med's Done....
Remed sent back on Dec 24
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR - 25th jan , Passport sent to Ottawa -25th jan
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 5
LANDED..........
Feb 10
Amana13 said:
Hey ramboremo, they will have to manually attach new IME no. upon sending them e-receipt if medicals are done without request which can take a month or more. If you do it upon request the form will have an IME no already registered into their data base, whereby, once the e-medical is completed by physician it gets uploaded and automatically reaches Delhi in couple of days.
Do we need to send it manually to NDVO with our FIle no# or UCI# or the Physician will send it to NDVO

chandan19march

Dec 19, 2014
My spouse passport has been dispatched to Mumbai from Delhi on 19th June. Hopefully she should receive it on Tuesday or Wednesday. I have booked my wife's tickets for 3rd July. I would like to thank everybody on this forum who in some way or the other have helped us to get an insight about PR visa for my spouse. Good luck to everyone who are waiting for their visa & I sincerely hope it happens soon. I will update you guys once she lands here on 3rd.
Take care everyone & my best regards,
Chandan