April 2nd 2014
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hey ice skater,

I would like to join let me know what you want to do and how you plan to go about it

Dhaliwal gagan

Star Member
Apr 23, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014
AOR Received.
28-05-2014
File Transfer...
29-05-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon, wish i cud fly right nw.
Iceskater said:
Hi Dhaliwal gagan,

We wouldn't rely on ecas status. The status doesn't reflect any proper information. Usually, for most applications it should say 'in progress' but they don't even change status sometimes.

Check my earlier comments, would be interested in joining for petition to speed up the process?

Thanks,

Iceskater
Hi iceskater, yeah for sure... V r missing crucial period of our lives. First years f marriage r most important nd just bcoz of dese stupid timelines by cic v have to b apart frm our spouses. Cn they themselves live vdout dere respected spouses. Hope there cms sm change. Thanks

Iceskater

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Hi Saini0623 & Dhaliwal gagan,

Till now I have received at least 4 - 5 respondents who would like to join and send the request for speeding up the process.

I will start a new thread soon for petition, and check if we get good response.

Thanks,

Iceskater

Dhaliwal gagan

Star Member
Apr 23, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014
AOR Received.
28-05-2014
File Transfer...
29-05-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Iceskater said:
Hi Saini0623 & Dhaliwal gagan,

Till now I have received at least 4 - 5 respondents who would like to join and send the request for speeding up the process.

I will start a new thread soon for petition, and check if we get good response.

Thanks,

Iceskater

Great idea iceskater....

Saini0623

Star Member
May 19, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 10 2014
AOR Received.
June 6th 2014
File Transfer...
June 9th 2014
Med's Done....
April 2nd 2014
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Sounds like a plan

Thanks

Dhaliwal gagan

Star Member
Apr 23, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014
AOR Received.
28-05-2014
File Transfer...
29-05-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Saini0623 said:
Sounds like a plan

Thanks
Hey saini,
Does ur ecas show medical received or not???

Saini0623

Star Member
May 19, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 10 2014
AOR Received.
June 6th 2014
File Transfer...
June 9th 2014
Med's Done....
April 2nd 2014
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
No it jus says application received on wifes side. My side says decision made. I think it will say in a month or so nd I have also been hearing the process time is less now from many friends who have recently got visas so let's see. If your case is straight forward it's not a lot but you never kno looking at 2013 posts it's a little scary

Iceskater

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Saini0623 said:
No it jus says application received on wifes side. My side says decision made. I think it will say in a month or so nd I have also been hearing the process time is less now from many friends who have recently got visas so let's see. If your case is straight forward it's not a lot but you never kno looking at 2013 posts it's a little scary

Hi Saini0623,

what you mean by 'wife side says application received & my side says decision made'?

how many ways are there to check visa status? Am I missing something, please advise.... lol :D

Saini0623

Star Member
May 19, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 10 2014
AOR Received.
June 6th 2014
File Transfer...
June 9th 2014
Med's Done....
April 2nd 2014
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Ahahaha lol ice skater

It's only one ahaha I ment the two status on ecas jus waiting for that app received to go to In process lol sorry for the confusion

Canadian50

May 28, 2014
Dhaliwal gagan said:
Hi iceskater, yeah for sure... V r missing crucial period of our lives. First years f marriage r most important nd just bcoz of dese stupid timelines by cic v have to b apart frm our spouses. Cn they themselves live vdout dere respected spouses. Hope there cms sm change. Thanks
Hi Dhaliwal gagan, Ice Skater et al,

I am a silent observer on this forum for quite sometime. This forum is a blessing for many a people who wonder where they stand in respect to other applicants. It gives a good perspective on the process though it does not show the entire picture.

Please see my 2 cents on petition for speed up the process:
Canadian Immigration has already noted their intentions for speedy process of applications without compromizing on safety of the country. The operating guide provides the proof of their intention to complete the process of spousal sponsorship in 6 months. But that is only an Operating Guide not a Constituion. However, sometimes the practical situation would vary from the good intentions. By the current trends we can understand that they are doing as much as they can to reduce the timelines.

CIC website states, for the past 12 months (prior to the update) it took 13 months on average to process 80% of the applications received.
A couple of the September 2013 applicants have mentioned in 2013 forum that have received calls/visas in the past few weeks. But from this forum(s) alone we cannot calculate when the 80% of September 2013 applications will be processed unless all September applicants provide feedback in this forum.
If we assume the 18 members from the forum are of good sample of 103 applications (109 people) spread accross uniformly, the trend shows getting better. Let us hope for the best. We will be knowing definitely when the next update is published by CIC or we can comfortably say if Oct, Nov and Dec applicants get calls sooner, by the general assumption that the next batch applications will start only after 80% of previous batch is processed at a milestone.

Having that said... I doubt if a petition brings any value. Just a thought....

Please take a good dicision after considering all options and then act upon.

Cheers.

GR012614

Apr 3, 2014
Canadian50 said:
Hi Dhaliwal gagan, Ice Skater et al,

I am a silent observer on this forum for quite sometime. This forum is a blessing for many a people who wonder where they stand in respect to other applicants. It gives a good perspective on the process though it does not show the entire picture.

Please see my 2 cents on petition for speed up the process:
Canadian Immigration has already noted their intentions for speedy process of applications without compromizing on safety of the country. The operating guide provides the proof of their intention to complete the process of spousal sponsorship in 6 months. But that is only an Operating Guide not a Constituion. However, sometimes the practical situation would vary from the good intentions. By the current trends we can understand that they are doing as much as they can to reduce the timelines.

CIC website states, for the past 12 months (prior to the update) it took 13 months on average to process 80% of the applications received.
A couple of the September 2013 applicants have mentioned in 2013 forum that have received calls/visas in the past few weeks. But from this forum(s) alone we cannot calculate when the 80% of September 2013 applications will be processed unless all September applicants provide feedback in this forum.
If we assume the 18 members from the forum are of good sample of 103 applications (109 people) spread accross uniformly, the trend shows getting better. Let us hope for the best. We will be knowing definitely when the next update is published by CIC or we can comfortably say if Oct, Nov and Dec applicants get calls sooner, by the general assumption that the next batch applications will start only after 80% of previous batch is processed at a milestone.

Having that said... I doubt if a petition brings any value. Just a thought....

Please take a good dicision after considering all options and then act upon.

Cheers.
Agreed.
It has been getting better. One of my friend, 2013 August end applicant has have his status changed to 'Decision made' 2 weeks ago.
I am January 2014 Applicant and crossing my fingers.

Iceskater

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
GR012614 said:
Agreed.
It has been getting better. One of my friend, 2013 August end applicant has have his status changed to 'Decision made' 2 weeks ago.
I am January 2014 Applicant and crossing my fingers.
Hi GR012614 & Canadian50,

You may have a valid point, however, you are missing the point.
We are not saying that VO are not speeding up the process, they may be, and you are right that few posts suggests that Sept 2013 applications are getting finalized. Plus, if your friend got the decision made 2 weeks ago for August application then mathematically, an average application is taking at least 8 - 10 months. This has been the case since a long time, not sure how much have you observed, but historically the applications have taken around 10 months or more always.

Even work permits take less than 3 months, hence, we are trying to get the applications speed up.

Thanks,

Iceskater

GR012614

Apr 3, 2014
Iceskater said:
Hi GR012614 & Canadian50,

You may have a valid point, however, you are missing the point.
We are not saying that VO are not speeding up the process, they may be, and you are right that few posts suggests that Sept 2013 applications are getting finalized. Plus, if your friend got the decision made 2 weeks ago for August application then mathematically, an average application is taking at least 8 - 10 months. This has been the case since a long time, not sure how much have you observed, but historically the applications have taken around 10 months or more always.

Even work permits take less than 3 months, hence, we are trying to get the applications speed up.

Thanks,

Iceskater

You are right, its burden to have spouse stay separate for year or so.. but the case here is 'I thought' because of strike they had few months ago they have backlogs. So basically they are clearing backlogs. It is bad time for us because of this. I am not against speeding process but my opinion is as soon as they clear backlog it will come to normal timing like used to be 4-5 months before...

Correct me If I am wrong. If this is not the case than I am with you.

fingers crossed.

Iceskater

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
GR012614 said:
You are right, its burden to have spouse stay separate for year or so.. but the case here is 'I thought' because of strike they had few months ago they have backlogs. So basically they are clearing backlogs. It is bad time for us because of this. I am not against speeding process but my opinion is as soon as they clear backlog it will come to normal timing like used to be 4-5 months before...

Correct me If I am wrong. If this is not the case than I am with you.

fingers crossed.
GR012614,

The strike took place in 2013, that is not the complete cause of delays, the delays have always been since before that.

They always had minimum 8 - 12 months on that 'visa processing times' for New Delhi even before 2013.

Hope that clears your query.

Thanks,

Iceskater