Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Praying for sooner than later, with no delays
LANDED..........
Unknown
Jbedi said:
A friend applied in July and has got her visa yesterday. That's how i figured out.
Is she on the 2013 New Delhi forum? There was someone there who got her visa. Can you please give me her timeline?
Thanks.

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
akverma said:
Hello Everyone..

I am a newcomer and just joined in to this interesting forum. I really learned a lot about the spouse application and follow on procedures. I would like to draw your attention to the situation that occurred to me during the application time. At first I did not submitted the upfront medical for spouse and kid at the time of initial application because of some confusion that they will (CPC-M or NDVO) ask for it at a later time. But i received a call from officer at CPC_m asking to have upfront medical done and have it sent to them before any decision made on my application. She also said that ask my wife to FAX the medicals directly to CPC-M office number which she provided me. following this instruction, my wife faxed the medicals CPC-M directly and mailed the original medical to me. I waited almost 3 weeks to hear anything from CPC-M until i called them and learned that they didn't received fax or medicals. Since there was a mail delay to receive the original medicals, the Officer from CPC-M asked me to send the scanned copies of the medical to go ahead with my application. Right away, I have sent the scanned copy of the medicals through the email provided by her and very next day I received an email from CPC-M that decision was made on my application to sponsor my wife and kid and its been approved and file transferred to Newdelhi Office.

Now the situation is.. I have received the original medical notification sheets by mail for my wife and kid. and 29 Jan 2014 was day since I heard from CPC_M or NDVO on application. I am just wondering if anyone on this forum had similar experience like i did and what expect next ? Please share your experience and information... Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks so much..
akverma
Hi akverma, dealing with immigration is never made simple because each officer does things differently and make us all the more confused about what is right or wrong.
Your wife should get an email (if her email address was provided ) or letter (by post if no email address was provided). This correspondence will come in a month of file transfer to NDVO, asking for PR fees, PCC and medicals, if they were not submitted. Your wife can send the original medicals then. So you will have to mail them back to her.

Jbedi

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
17-02-2014
File Transfer...
28-02-2014
Med's Request
Updated on ECAS
Med's Done....
15-12-2013
Interview........
Waived IP: 22.08.2014
Passport Req..
2 Oct 2014, DM: 2 Oct 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
Desi-girl said:
Is she on the 2013 New Delhi forum? There was someone there who got her visa. Can you please give me her timeline?
Thanks.
No Desi Girl, she is not on any forum, and I don't have her time line with me but as far as i know, she file her application sometime in first week of July.

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
Jbedi said:
No Desi Girl, she is not on any forum, and I don't have her time line with me but as far as i know, she file her application sometime in first week of July.
Thanks Jbedi. Congrats to your friend who got her visa yesterday and good luck to you for your application.

aki

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27th Jan, 2014
AOR Received.
22nd Feb, 2014
File Transfer...
25th Feb, 2014
Med's Done....
27th Dec, 2013
Passport Req..
23rd Sep, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
23rd Sep, 2014 (DM)
Hi Guys,

Does the passport request email go to the sponsored person's email address or the sponsor's email address?

DNP2213

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
28-03-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-12-2013
Passport Req..
24-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
In Process: 28-08-2014 DM: 23-09-2014 Visa issued: 1/10/2014
LANDED..........
14/11/2014
Desi-girl said:
Yup.. the wait is indeed long... because we are living apart from our spouses. So staying apart a month will still seem like a long time, just like staying apart for a year or more. But no matter how long it seems, we have to believe that we will be with our spouses in the end and all the waiting was worth it in the end as it helped strengthen our relationships and that we also made many new friends along the way through this forum.

Only one July applicant got visa. The trend I have been noticing that NDVO gives one or two people the visa from the new month, and then they actually start processing that month's applicants about two weeks later. So now the one July applicant got her visa... the rest of us will be waiting about 1 to 2 weeks for any news. This is because NDVO hasn't finished June applicants yet and they will be simultaneously work on the June applications.
Desi Girl,
What does your expereience say about how long it takes them to process one months applications?

Jbedi

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
17-02-2014
File Transfer...
28-02-2014
Med's Request
Updated on ECAS
Med's Done....
15-12-2013
Interview........
Waived IP: 22.08.2014
Passport Req..
2 Oct 2014, DM: 2 Oct 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
Are you guys able to access ECAS today? It's throwing up '503' error for me.

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
spicysank said:
Hey Guys!! Got Married

Now need to sponsor my wife from India

Any Advises and suggestiona are welcome.

Thanks.
Congratulations on getting married!! :D :D
Collect and send everything that shows genuineness of your relationship with your wife. Lots of photos (we sent 50) with explanations at the back about who was in the photos. The guide found online with the forms helps you to fill out the forms. Pay all the fees at the same time in the beginning so it doesn't delay your processing. Also get your medicals and police clearance (PCC) done but have your forms ready. as soon as you get your PCC and medicals, submit them all together.

If you have any questions, ask them here and we will all help you :D
Good luck bro.

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
aki said:
Hi Guys,

Does the passport request email go to the sponsored person's email address or the sponsor's email address?
Passport request goes to the sponsored person/applicant's email address.
Th sponsor's job is done once the file is transferred to NDVO. Now NDVO only contacts the applicant from here onwards.

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
DNP2213 said:
Desi Girl,
What does your expereience say about how long it takes them to process one months applications?
Hi DNP2213,
Sorry for the late reply. It takes approximately 2 -2.5 months to process through most of 1 month's worth of applications. It took NDVO 3 months to process May applications (November to January, because of Christmas.. they were sleeping then). They started processing June applications in January and are still processing them but have also just touched July. They will officially start July's applications 2 weeks from now (Mid-March) until end of April to beginning of May. So I keep 2 months average for each month's applications.

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
speedy processing said:
anyone tried applying for Visitor visa for their spouse?
Yup.. a few of us did. 95% get rejected. A few are lucky to get the visitor visa but you have to show solid proof that your spouse will go back once the visa expires.

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
Jbedi said:
Are you guys able to access ECAS today? It's throwing up '503' error for me.
Its normal. There is scheduled maintenance on Saturdays and sometimes goes into Sunday. Sometimes ECAS gets updated as well.

Lobzang

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/12/2013
AOR Received.
30/12/2013
File Transfer...
08/01/2014
Med's Done....
19/09/2013 finalised 06/2014
Passport Req..
sept 2nd 2014
VISA ISSUED...
IP since August 2nd 2014
hey everyone. hope u r all doing well. I was just Wondering what the time lines have been looking like. my sponsorship was approved early jan. I did however have the extra step for Quebec. was wondering if this will delay the passport request. I just got Quebec approval a few days ago. also I have a question regarding Medicals. my husband did his in Sept but they found tb. he has been undergoing treatment this entire time. he has been going back to Delhi for check ups with the panel physician. my question is will his 12 month medical begin when he started this process or once he completes treatment. hes had xrays along the way as well.
thanks