15-9-2014
Doc's Request.
16-7-2014
AOR Received.
30-10-2014
File Transfer...
14-11-2014
Med's Request
24-8-2015 ; IP since 6-8-2015; DM Nov 6 2015.
Med's Done....
25-8-2015
they have decided to work only the first week of every month :(. do any September applicants got their re-meds request??

preetiv

May 4, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
AOR Received.
22-8-2014
File Transfer...
2-09-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
29-08-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
hope so soon by God's grace
VISA ISSUED...
crossing fingers
Here is the link for medicals and re - medicals
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/assess/cert.asp
I guess immigration officer can extend medicals for more 3 months **conditions applied** :) ;D

chandy13.13

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-1-2014
AOR Received.
5-4-2014
Med's Done....
6-11-2013 remedicAL 19-3-2015
Interview........
12-03-2015 decision made on 10 sept 2015
Passport Req..
14-sep-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-sep-2015
LANDED..........
very soon
Please anyone tell me what they check in Background and criminality checking . I donot have any travelling history why they are taking so much time ?
I am from Jammu and kashmir . is my state become reason for my wait ?? i am confuse .

Isikh13

Jun 29, 2015
The guys who got their passports stamped please quote this message and reply with dates you had submitted and got back the passports with the visas. Thanks :) best wishes for those who are in process..

aikam

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 June
Doc's Request.
6 January
AOR Received.
21 August
File Transfer...
05 September
Med's Done....
June 3 2014
Interview........
No aS per notes
Passport Req..
Waiting
Jannat Kapadia said:
Yaa..!! One more week gone without updates..!! Last week was awesome..!! Hope we will get updates next week..!!
Each day we just hope tommorrow will bring something good......
I don't know wen will that tommorrow will come.... ??? :'(

preetiv

May 4, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
AOR Received.
22-8-2014
File Transfer...
2-09-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
29-08-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
crossing fingers
Isikh13 said:
The guys who got their passports stamped please quote this message and reply with dates you had submitted and got back the passports with the visas. Thanks :) best wishes for those who are in process..
Congrats iskh guess your in box is full can't msg you

preetiv

May 4, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
AOR Received.
22-8-2014
File Transfer...
2-09-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
29-08-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
crossing fingers
chandy13.13 said:
Please anyone tell me what they check in Background and criminality checking . I donot have any travelling history why they are taking so much time ?
I am from Jammu and kashmir . is my state become reason for my wait ?? i am confuse .
Background & Security Checks very well explained by one of our seniors

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Mitroh

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Hello all

I am a Canadian resident and my husband is working in US at the moment but we have applied via NDVO.
I submitted the application in Septemeber 2014 and it went to NDVO in November.
The status changed to In Process recenetly but they have asked for more photos and proof of post wedding communications
I had already sent them photos and boarding passes.

What are your suggestions on what all I should send.
When we applied we had only been registered married and not actually ritually but now we have all of the photos
Do I submit all those and facebook, Skype chat, etc.?

Does this delay the process? How long does it normally take after the in process status?
Last question, do they keep the passport for a long time after they have asked for it?

Thank you
Miti

rambopg

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
25-Jun-2015
File Transfer...
07-Jul-2015
Med's Request
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
24-May-2016
Passport Req..
14-Jun-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
1-Jul-2016
Isikh13 said:
Does this mean you got passport request?

If you don't mind, it will help others if you give your full timeline.

Jannat Kapadia

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th November 2014
AOR Received.
18th February 2015
File Transfer...
22nd February 2015 In Process :- 21st september 2015
Med's Done....
Remedical request - 13th Nov 2015
Interview........
Hopefully Waived..!!
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully soon.
Mitroh said:
Hello all

I am a Canadian resident and my husband is working in US at the moment but we have applied via NDVO.
The status changed to In Process recenetly but they have asked for more photos and proof of post wedding communications

When we applied we had only been registered married and not actually ritually but now we have all of the photos

Does this delay the process? How long does it normally take after the in process status?
Last question, do they keep the passport for a long time after they have asked for it?

Thank you
Miti
I think they wont keep passport for such a long time..!! They return it back with visa withing 3 weeks.

Hello dear...!!!
Just submit all the proofs u have as much as u can..!! It will helps u too pass the elligibility nd to waive interview. I think that it can take sometime. But not much..!! Good luck..!! Your wait is going to end soon..!! Wish u good luck for ur future in canada..!!

ManjitandJasteven

Feb 25, 2015
Punjab to Surrey
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
21-Jan-2015
Med's Done....
22-Sept-2014
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Mitroh said:
Hello all

Thank you
Miti
Hi
regarding the proof send the most you can, the more the better. I printed out 80 skype pages of calls. Facebook, skype, chat, calling card receipts... the more is better. Send a lot of honeymoon pictures as well, I sent I believe over 300 honeymoon pictures because my consultant told me to take as many pictures as possible during the honeymoon. If you don't have 300 then send all you have, every single picture you guys have together and even with each others family members. I labelled the back of a lot of pictures with name and relation of the family members as well. Give them as much proof as possible!

rambopg

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
25-Jun-2015
File Transfer...
07-Jul-2015
Med's Request
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
24-May-2016
Passport Req..
14-Jun-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
1-Jul-2016
Mitroh said:
Hello all

Thank you
Miti
Yes, you should send as many new proofs as possible. Also explain this court marriage and then ritual marriage situation in a cover letter.
From what I have heard, the request of more documents adds around 3 months more.

Mitroh

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Jannat Kapadia said:
I think they wont keep passport for such a long time..!! They return it back with visa withing 3 weeks.

Hello dear...!!!
Just submit all the proofs u have as much as u can..!! It will helps u too pass the elligibility nd to waive interview. I think that it can take sometime. But not much..!! Good luck..!! Your wait is going to end soon..!! Wish u good luck for ur future in canada..!!
Thank you so much
Good luck to you too

preetiv

May 4, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
AOR Received.
22-8-2014
File Transfer...
2-09-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
29-08-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
crossing fingers
Mitroh said:
Hello all

Thank you
Miti
Inbox you the details kindly look in.