+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW DELHI - 2014 APPLICANTS

Hanna Jacob

Aug 21, 2014
Amana13 said:
Hi Swati, for PCC hard to know how they work with expiry on this because I have seen where some members don't get requested to do it again after expired and others do. As well, you need to have your passport to complete pcc. So if it was sent to NDVO early in process then you will have to wait for their request if that is the case. Definitely, medicals have to be valid before the date you land in Canada so if 3 months passes since medicals expired I would recommend doing them on your own. I say give it another 3 months after expiry because VO can extend till that time if need be.
Hi Amana,

Should we do PCC without request from immigration office?
My PCC will expire in 3 days.

I have got medical request today but nothing for PCC yet.

aqua_AB

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th July 2014
Doc's Request.
20th April 2015 (Additional docs requested)
AOR Received.
20th Sept 2014
File Transfer...
20th Oct 2014
Med's Request
Remedical request on 10th Nov 2015, submitted on 12th Nov 2015
Med's Done....
20th June 2014, expired
Interview........
Waived as per notes, IP on 19th Oct
Passport Req..
DM on 20th Nov, PPR on 21st Nov 2015
Hanna Jacob said:
Hi Amana,

No Hanna....Dont worry about the PCC now as ur status is IP....

Shabz2015

Jun 18, 2015
I am in process of getting my application for Spousal visa ready. I am the principal application, citizen of India, will be applying to NDVO. My husband's a Canadian citizen. We had an engagement done in January 2015 followed by a Court Marriage in May 2015. We threw an engagement party and did the engagement at the mosque as the engagement was the opportunity for my side of relatives and friends who won't travel to Canada for the religious wedding and the big celebration we plan to have in Canada once my visa comes through. My husband's parents can't travel to India due to their old age and medical conditions, his sister can't get break from her job and my sister's in Toronto, so are most of my cousins, either in Canada or USA. So it didn't make sense for us to have a religious wedding without our near and dear ones especially our immediate family members not being able to attend the wedding. My husband has not family or relatives in India, so there would be no one to represent from his family for religious ceremonies. Again, no one from his side travelled for the engagement ceremony but both the families insisted we do a formal engagement to announce our relationship.

I am new to this forum but reading some of the posts on just court marriage, people are advising that the couple perform a religious ceremony as NDVO asks for religious ceremony to be conducted and proofs thereof, like pictures, wedding card, flights and hotel stay etc, which I can't have in my case. There is no way we want to celebrate our wedding without our families being able to participate. What we have are photos from our honey moon to Goa, we went to after our Court Marriage last month, bills and photos from another trip we took together when he was here in January and the hotel bills wherever we have stayed together and ofcourse, skype phone bills and call history, whatsapp history and emails since we began talking last year in April 2014.

Do you guys think the NDVO will understand this? How do we present our case in our application? What should we look out for and in absence of a religious wedding, what additional proofs must we submit to the NDVO?

Sorry for the elaborated message but I wanted to make our position clear so as to get best and appropriate guidance.

Thank you for reading! :)

aqua_AB

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th July 2014
Doc's Request.
20th April 2015 (Additional docs requested)
AOR Received.
20th Sept 2014
File Transfer...
20th Oct 2014
Med's Request
Remedical request on 10th Nov 2015, submitted on 12th Nov 2015
Med's Done....
20th June 2014, expired
Interview........
Waived as per notes, IP on 19th Oct
Passport Req..
DM on 20th Nov, PPR on 21st Nov 2015
Shabz2015 said:
I am in process of getting my application for Spousal visa ready. I am the principal application, citizen of India, will be applying to NDVO. My husband's a Canadian citizen. We had an engagement done in January 2015 followed by a Court Marriage in May 2015. We threw an engagement party and did the engagement at the mosque as the engagement was the opportunity for my side of relatives and friends who won't travel to Canada for the religious wedding and the big celebration we plan to have in Canada once my visa comes through. My husband's parents can't travel to India due to their old age and medical conditions, his sister can't get break from her job and my sister's in Toronto, so are most of my cousins, either in Canada or USA. So it didn't make sense for us to have a religious wedding without our near and dear ones especially our immediate family members not being able to attend the wedding. My husband has not family or relatives in India, so there would be no one to represent from his family for religious ceremonies. Again, no one from his side travelled for the engagement ceremony but both the families insisted we do a formal engagement to announce our relationship.

I am new to this forum but reading some of the posts on just court marriage, people are advising that the couple perform a religious ceremony as NDVO asks for religious ceremony to be conducted and proofs thereof, like pictures, wedding card, flights and hotel stay etc, which I can't have in my case. There is no way we want to celebrate our wedding without our families being able to participate. What we have are photos from our honey moon to Goa, we went to after our Court Marriage last month, bills and photos from another trip we took together when he was here in January and the hotel bills wherever we have stayed together and ofcourse, skype phone bills and call history, whatsapp history and emails since we began talking last year in April 2014.

Do you guys think the NDVO will understand this? How do we present our case in our application? What should we look out for and in absence of a religious wedding, what additional proofs must we submit to the NDVO?

Sorry for the elaborated message but I wanted to make our position clear so as to get best and appropriate guidance.

Relax...its OK...
Just ensure u write a proper cover letter.

Also, in one of the forms, it asks u how the relationship developed and about the marriage day...In that question, answer it very elaborately, specifying all the reasons in detail u hv mentioned here...attach good enough pics.....write behind each pic....

U shud be good to go

harkrs123

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 January 2015
AOR Received.
23 March 2015
File Transfer...
15 April 2015
Med's Done....
November 2014
Interview........
Pending
Passport Req..
Pending
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
Shabz2015 said:

1. Chuck bothering about your case, since it's absolutely genuine.
2. The amount of stuff that you have, to prove your relationship, is sufficient for your case. However, keep saving all your call details and chat history until your interview is over.
3. Include a well written cover letter with all the other proofs, expressing the complete story of your relationship, for instance, how it evolved, how did you guys land up marrying each other and end the letter with a persuasive reason of not been able to go for a religious marriage.

I think you'll be fine. There are many who are facing a similar situation like your's. Good luck with everything!

ManjitandJasteven

Feb 25, 2015
Punjab to Surrey
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
21-Jan-2015
Med's Done....
22-Sept-2014
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Hanna Jacob said:
Hi Aqua,

pheww... Thats a relief!

Until we give bribe these policemen dont give us a PCC :(
haha same with us
they said it will take over a month but if you pay extra money it will be ready in days

ManjitandJasteven

Feb 25, 2015
Punjab to Surrey
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
21-Jan-2015
Med's Done....
22-Sept-2014
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
ManjitandJasteven said:
haha same with us
they said it will take over a month but if you pay extra money it will be ready in days
Actually no that was the marriage certiicate and birth certificate we had to bribe not PCC probably because her Phoopherji was police

rts1986

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/10/2014
AOR Received.
14/11/2014
File Transfer...
27/11/2014
Med's Done....
17/7/2014
Hi,

I am an October 2014 applicant and need some advice / guidance. Since there has been no progress whatsoever, I was considering applying for a TRV to visit my husband in Canada. However, I'm confused regarding a few things and would appreciate guidance if anyone here can help!

1.GCMS notes suggest that my file is OPEN & IN PROGRESS (eligibility, criminality & security have not started. Medicals have been passed as I had done an upfront medical exam.) However, ecas shows only AR / MR. Is there a difference between in-progress and in-process? Or are they the same thing?
2.Since I am currently not working, what strong ties can I show to return to India. From what I’ve read online, I need to convince the visa officer that I will not overstay and jeopardize my PR application and return to India at the end of the visa duration granted.
3.Incase TRV is granted, and a re-medical or re-submission of PCC is requested while I am in Canada, how can this be done?

Below is my timeline:
•Application received by CIC on 6th Oct 2014
•Sponsor Approval granted on 14th Nov 2014
•AOR2 / File transferred to Delhi on 27th Nov 2014
•Upfront Medicals done on 17th July 2014

Please advice,
R.

Blr

Star Member
Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 November 2014
AOR Received.
AOR1: 17 Jan 2015, SA: 30 Jan 2015
File Transfer...
File received at NDVO: 13 Feb 2015 (Through CaseReviewTeam as no AOR2), IP: 12 Sept 2015
Med's Done....
17-07-2014
If we apply for an Online TRV from India, it is processed and the decision is made by CIC in Canada or NDVO/Consulates in India?

Please reply.

Amana13

Star Member
May 27, 2015
Hanna Jacob said:
Hi Amana,

Hey Hanna, I would wait for PCC request if they want one and not go ahead and do it prior because honestly I don't know how they work in regards to this document when it expires. Sometimes they ask and other times they don't.

pindu

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March-2015
AOR Received.
May-2015
File Transfer...
May-2015
Med's Request
20 jan 2016
Med's Done....
Dec.-2014
Interview........
waived
Blr said:
If we apply for an Online TRV from India, it is processed and the decision is made by CIC in Canada or NDVO/Consulates in India?

Please reply.
these cases are handled by NDVO only

fornaxe

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Dec-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
5-Mar-2015
File Transfer...
16-Mar-2015
Med's Request
25-Nov-2015 (remed)
Med's Done....
DM on 11-Dec-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
14-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-Jan-2015
LANDED..........
09-Jan-2015
Any update from the remaining August/September applicants yet??

The last person to get IP and PPR is innosense and that was first of June... :-\ ??? :-[

Pirate

Star Member
Jun 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
None
File Transfer...
20.11.2014 ... In process 14.08.2015
Med's Request
26.08.2015.... re med done 27.08.2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Pending
My wife is a Sept applicant and there is no update so far..

Divyanjali

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2014
AOR Received.
14 Jan 2015