AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
aroundwrd99 said:
Any update for June 17th applicants?
Nooooo update on Ecas. What about you? When did your medical expire?

aroundwrd99

Jul 19, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 2013
santhos said:
Nooooo update on Ecas. What about you? When did your medical expire?
It's expired last month.

paul719

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
bc
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-june-2013
AOR Received.
10 july 2013
File Transfer...
10 july 2013
Med's Done....
25 may 2013
Passport Req..
15 aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP 4 March 2014
aroundwrd99 said:
It's expired last month.
no updates for me...e-cas shows application recieved

chintu singh

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2013
Med's Done....
25-03-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
thanx everyone.. all the best to all of u .may u all get visa as soon as possible.finally got my passport with a visa.can anyone tell me which flight is best for vancouver..what will immigration officer ask me?

NAKSA1521

Jan 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2013
AOR Received.
12-08-2013
File Transfer...
12-08-2013
Med's Done....
16-05-2013
Passport Req..
16-09-2013 IP on 29th March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
chintu singh said:
thanx everyone.. all the best to all of u .may u all get visa as soon as possible.finally got my passport with a visa.can anyone tell me which flight is best for vancouver..what will immigration officer ask me?
Congrats to you, finally a long wait ends for you, good luck with your future!

Tdotguy

Aug 30, 2012
Folks I have a question.

I have applied for spousal sponsorship on January 28th, 2014 to CPC-Mississauga and Approval was provided on February 25th, 2014.

File is now in NVDO and I have heard that they ask for passport quite quickly from applicants.

My wife is currently with me in Canada and plans to stay till August.

Is there a way to get around her returning when NVDO asks for the passport.

Thanks,

Rahul

JAV

Star Member
Mar 27, 2013
Hello everyone,

I was wondering what will be the date that I filed my application. On my timeline it says your application was received for Permanent residents on October 2013 and few days later the medical results are received. However, my file was transferred to NDVO by the end of January 2014. So, which one should I follow? All these information are in my wife's timeline.

In my timeline, it only says application received and in that link all the above information is existed. There is an extra link saying Decision Made, because I am the sponsor.

Any help will be appreciated.

Gagi007

Sep 17, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 11, 2013
AOR Received.
August 12, 2013
File Transfer...
August 12, 2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
June 8, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
September 4, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2014
LANDED..........
May 2014
Tdotguy said:
Folks I have a question.

I have applied for spousal sponsorship on January 28th, 2014 to CPC-Mississauga and Approval was provided on February 25th, 2014.

File is now in NVDO and I have heard that they ask for passport quite quickly from applicants.

My wife is currently with me in Canada and plans to stay till August.

Is there a way to get around her returning when NVDO asks for the passport.

Thanks,

Rahul
The best option for you is to ignore the first passport request that NDVO sends you, wait till your wife gets to India before sending in her passport. Since you applied in January, and it takes at least 8 months (if you are lucky) to get the application moving, that takes you to October of this year before they will touch your file. You do not need to send in the passport upon the request of NDVO because they will not be looking at your file until October. Sending in your passport right now will not increase the rate at which your application is processed anyways. It will make no difference if she submits her passport right now or in August, hope this helps :)

Sukh brar

Feb 7, 2014
Gagi007 said:
The best option for you is to ignore the first passport request that NDVO sends you, wait till your wife gets to India before sending in her passport. Since you applied in January, and it takes at least 8 months (if you are lucky) to get the application moving, that takes you to October of this year before they will touch your file. You do not need to send in the passport upon the request of NDVO because they will not be looking at your file until October. Sending in your passport right now will not increase the rate at which your application is processed anyways. It will make no difference if she submits her passport right now or in August, hope this helps :)
no budy never ingnore that request who knows when they request again

Gagi007

Sep 17, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 11, 2013
AOR Received.
August 12, 2013
File Transfer...
August 12, 2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
June 8, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
September 4, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2014
LANDED..........
May 2014
Sukh brar said:
no budy never ingnore that request who knows when they request again
By ignore I mean just don't send in your passport, they will not touch his file until October of this year. When his wife gets to India, she can send in her passport, there will be no delays in the application process because they request for the passport and then just keep the passport with them for 8 months, they do not even touch it. Many people choose not to send in their passports when the get a passport request from NDVO because they need it to travel or other things, then they send it later on. You can send in your passport anytime before your application is processed, they ask for the passport early in the process and keep it with them, so they can stamp the visa and send it out to you asap, but that won't be happening for at least 8 months. Oh and you don't need to wait for another passport request from them after the first one, you can just send in your passport with the first passport request letter

paulharry

Sep 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
waiting 2 exhale said:
yes in this case; if it is background check or something else that requires paperwork and if the due date is, say, May 9, 2014 and they get all the paperwork before that they will open the file before May 9th..otherwise wait until May 9, 2014 and if they have not received it by that date they will issue another due date...
under eligibility due date is 24 may 2014
Under security due date is 22 June 2013
Under criminality due date is 22 june 2013
Under medical due date is 22 may 2014
What is that mean

Tdotguy

Aug 30, 2012
Ok so I believe the best approach is to send them a letter explaining that she is in Canada right now and ask them to request the passport again close to when the app is ready for finalization?

Gagi007 said:
By ignore I mean just don't send in your passport, they will not touch his file until October of this year. When his wife gets to India, she can send in her passport, there will be no delays in the application process because they request for the passport and then just keep the passport with them for 8 months, they do not even touch it. Many people choose not to send in their passports when the get a passport request from NDVO because they need it to travel or other things, then they send it later on. You can send in your passport anytime before your application is processed, they ask for the passport early in the process and keep it with them, so they can stamp the visa and send it out to you asap, but that won't be happening for at least 8 months. Oh and you don't need to wait for another passport request from them after the first one, you can just send in your passport with the first passport request letter

Gagi007

Sep 17, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 11, 2013
AOR Received.
August 12, 2013
File Transfer...
August 12, 2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
June 8, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
September 4, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2014
LANDED..........
May 2014
Tdotguy said:
Ok so I believe the best approach is to send them a letter explaining that she is in Canada right now and ask them to request the passport again close to when the app is ready for finalization?
You do not need to send them a letter explaining anything, they will send you a passport request, don't send in her passport, keep the request, then when she goes to India, mail her passport to NDVO with the passport request also enclosed in the mail envelope. If they send you another passport request then send that in with her passport as well. You do not need to ask them to "request for the passport again", they do that on their own :) :) :)

SatishKavya

Jan 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-June-2013
File Transfer...
17-July-2013
Passport Req..
20-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP on 21-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
DM on 7-March-2014 got passport with Visa on 13-March-2014
waiting for DM............. how long will it take for the status to change from In process to Decision Made? will it matter if we mention that the person would be working after coming to Canada, will that cause additional checks or delays from NDVO ?

Gagi007

Sep 17, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 11, 2013
AOR Received.
August 12, 2013
File Transfer...
August 12, 2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
June 8, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
September 4, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2014
LANDED..........
May 2014
SatishKavya said:
waiting for DM............. how long will it take for the status to change from In process to Decision Made? will it matter if we mention that the person would be working after coming to Canada, will that cause additional checks or delays from NDVO ?
It can take anywhere from 1 week to 1 month to go from "in process" to "decision made", some people have even received their passports with visa before it changes to DM on e-cas, and some people have had to wait 2 months. It will not do anything if you mention that the person is going to be working, it will neither speed up or slow down the process.