Passport Req..
02/03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
May be soon
muksi said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=1995&CountryName=India

Call and check with the medical practitioners in your area explaining your situation. If they dont agree then you have to wait for a request letter from NDVO. Maybe try sending URGENT query to NDVO asking for your passport and medical request letter.
Hi Muksi/Sidhu,
I checked with the local panel doc. He has given me appointment for monday on the basis of PAn card,Attested photocopy of Passport of me and my kid and six passport pic with white background. But he did not mention of any forms that I have to submit. Should i anyway carry the filled up Biodata form for me and our kid?

Please do ans.

Regards,

Sally.

anurkk

Feb 15, 2013
v_sys said:
Happy to know that so many activities recently with many of the members files, but at the same time when I look at my timeline it makes me sadly wonder what is going on with my file, its been now almost six months since my file reached NDVO and no news yet, no passport request, no interview and no reply to address change request , no answer from MP and no GCMS notes yet,.....
REALLY DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO ?

but for now decided to visit India and be with my wife for few weeks before this delay really gets on to our nerves...
Sirji ,

What i have noticed in recent few cases is that changes happen suddenly from application received to inprocess and then to DM.Lets us assume that they have not taken your file (may be for some reason) which we will come to know through GCMS .Any update on GCMS notes ?

Even my husband is planning to come and meet me :).

v_sys

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2012
AOR Received.
25-08-2012
File Transfer...
05-10-2012
Med's Done....
26-07-2012
Interview........
waiver
Passport Req..
20-May-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18 - July - 2013
LANDED..........
24-July-2013
anurkk said:
Sirji ,

What i have noticed in recent few cases is that changes happen suddenly from application received to inprocess and then to DM.Lets us assume that they have not taken your file (may be for some reason) which we will come to know through GCMS .Any update on GCMS notes ?

Even my husband is planning to come and meet me :).
Even I am hoping that something like this should have happened,
No GCMS notes yet,,,,
and the only worry factor is that there has been no passport request for 6 months, don't know if should I take it as good sign or a worry signal..
and yes this delay is the only reason why I decided to spend few weeks in India with my wife that will atleast keep our hope alive and let frustration not reach its height...

abhat

Aug 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
Doc's Request.
02-28-2013 (re-med)
AOR Received.
31-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-06-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-12
Interview........
18-02-13
Passport Req..
18-06-2012
Still waiting. Approved at interview on Feb 18th. Sent in new meds, PC, and PP and they received them on March 7th. No words since...

Went In Process Feb. 28th...

Frustrated.

v_sys

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2012
AOR Received.
25-08-2012
File Transfer...
05-10-2012
Med's Done....
26-07-2012
Interview........
waiver
Passport Req..
20-May-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18 - July - 2013
LANDED..........
24-July-2013
how many on an average a MP enquiry takes, whats the maximum timeline by which one should receive an answer from MP (OR MP should receive an answer from NDVO)?

any idea?

aks.asr1

Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
muksi said:
Thanks aks.asr1. Inprocess date - March 9, PPR by phone - March 11. Passport reached NDVO - March 14.
All the best to get your visa soon.
Thanks! muksi for sharing the dates information.
When did you received your passport back.. :)

I have been waiting for my wife passport for last over a month a now since we submitted.

Thanks!

skas13

Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
1-03-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made August 19th, passport received August 22nd
LANDED..........
September 14
I belong in the Delhi 2013 group, but wanted to post my question here to see if anyone has any ideas.

We got our SA on March 18th with our file transferred the same day, everyone on our moth with the NDVO have ALL received PPR's except us.
Does this mean anything? Has anyone had the same experience? And does it mean anything inconspicuous (they did not receive our file, he will be called for an interview, problems with the application)? Or does it just mean that we were overlooked and someone will get to us?
I know i should and could just wait but this process is already so long as it is, I don't want to wait on something that could be a problem and let time slip by. I have two kids with my husband and need him here sooner than later. We all miss each other, and kids need their dad.
Any advice? I posted on the 2013 board as well, but though there might be more info here as most people would have been through this already.
Thanks

hm82

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
31-Dec-2012
AOR Received.
18-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
18-Aug-2012
Passport Req..
08-Mar-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-Apr-2013
LANDED..........
2-May-2013
fatima04 said:
Hello everyone

I have a query...does the ecas system update anything like 'passport received' after they receive the passport at NDVO...my status shows in process since 4th april 2013...while they received my passport on 9th march 2013.

Also there appears to be some glitch in my update...it shows "null" before my name ..the update goes like this ...

We received null [applicant's name] application for permanent residence on December 21, 2012.

We started processing null [applicant's name] application on April 4, 2013.

Medical results have been received.

What does this 'null' mean before my name??
You have perhaps got the answer to the first question. Yes, there IS NO status like "Passport Received"

As for NULL in your name; you should read other threads about this subject (search). Essentially, this is a problem seen for very few applicants where their names are not properly mentioned on the passport or are NOT typed-in correctly to the system.

NULL XYZ ABC usually means that, your FIRST-NAME is RECORDED as BLANK (represented by NULL) and your LAST-NAME/SURNAME is recorded as "XYZ ABC" which is probably your full name. This happens either because of errors in data entry or because of the way Name is Spelt in Passport.

For most of the cases this gets fixed by itself and for others (like our case), we had to actually change the name on passport so as to reflect the FIRST-NAME, LAST-NAME correctly and then SUBMIT the passport. I'd say check your Passport and assess your course of action.

IN GENERAL, having "NULL" as last name is not a problem. But in the long run, especially when you try to get a job in Canada OR get your educational credentials accredited etc. - it could become a problem !

nikb

Star Member
Oct 3, 2012
v_sys said:
how many on an average a MP enquiry takes, whats the maximum timeline by which one should receive an answer from MP (OR MP should receive an answer from NDVO)?

any idea?
2- 3 business days is the average.For us Mp took longer when we had approached because of holidays in India and canada(5 days).

ammuknn

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
[quote author=v_sys]
Happy to know that so many activities recently with many of the members files, but at the same time when I look at my timeline it makes me sadly wonder what is going on with my file, its been now almost six months since my file reached NDVO and no news yet, no passport request, no interview and no reply to address change request , no answer from MP and no GCMS notes yet,.....

but for now decided to visit India and be with my wife for few weeks before this delay really gets on to our nerves...
[/quote]

I'm in a similar situation as you v_sys. Just waiting on GCMS notes now, so atleast we can know what's going on with our file.
I too am visiting my wife, since there is no indication whatsoever about how much longer this wait can go on. Booked my tickets for the end of May... it's her bday too! The BEST gift would be if the visa works out by then, and I can bring her back with me! One can only make such wishes...

[quote author=v_sys]how many on an average a MP enquiry takes, whats the maximum timeline by which one should receive an answer from MP (OR MP should receive an answer from NDVO)?
any idea?[/quote]
Our MP's office submitted the inquiry and got a reply the next day! That was 4 months from when the file was sent to NDVO and they hadn't even reviewed our file yet. I can only hope that they've made some progress in the month and a half since then.

ammuknn

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
muksi said:
I have a happy news to share. Just now checked eCAS and status changed to Decision Made and Address also changed to both Canada and India ;D ;D ;D

Thanks everyone for the help and wishes!
Hearty congratulations Muksi! Best wishes, and once again, thank you for all your good work for everyone here!
Enjoy your time in India, and all the best to both of you in Canada!

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
v_sys said:
Muksi,
Very hearty congratulations and wish you a very happy and great life ahead in Canada,,,, and just like to Echo what everyone said: you really done a great job in this forum with the spreadsheet and also helping other with your replies....
Thanks v_sys. I enjoy updating the spreadsheet and answering to queries if i know something about it. Wish you all the best for your PPR and visa.

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
v_sys said:

Keep bugging the MP so that they can send remainders to NDVO.

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
sallyander said:
Hi Muksi/Sidhu,
I checked with the local panel doc. He has given me appointment for monday on the basis of PAn card,Attested photocopy of Passport of me and my kid and six passport pic with white background. But he did not mention of any forms that I have to submit. Should i anyway carry the filled up Biodata form for me and our kid?

Please do ans.

Regards,

Sally.
I am not sure about the new online medical procedure. If he has not asked for it then it might not be needed. But carrying the filled up bio data wont hurt. Also take your UCI, file numbers just in case if needed. All the best!

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
v_sys said:
Even I am hoping that something like this should have happened,
No GCMS notes yet,,,,
and the only worry factor is that there has been no passport request for 6 months, don't know if should I take it as good sign or a worry signal..
and yes this delay is the only reason why I decided to spend few weeks in India with my wife that will atleast keep our hope alive and let frustration not reach its height...
Having in between short trips is very good, it will for sure relieve the tension and pressure and will also help to prove ongoing relationship. Enjoy and have a great trip!