+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi - 2012 applicants

indcnd

Mar 22, 2013
Thanks Muksi for ur suggestion but now i am in india dont know the process of contacting MP and even i heard that gcms notes are available to those who r in canada

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
glass said:
Hi Everyone...MY status has been changed 1.5 week ago from in process to Decision Made..I still haven't received my Passport back from Delhi Embassy..I am little worried CAUZ i already booked my ticket for end of this month..can someone please tell me. How can i contact delhi embassy to ask them if they have already sent me passport back??
It can take 2 weeks in some cases. Maybe you can try calling them and explain your situation, but i am not sure whether they will respond, but you can give a try. If they have already sent it then your only option is to wait for it.

prithiv

Sep 14, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
Doc's Request.
dated 21-01-2013, received on 28-01-2012
File Transfer...
23-10-2012
Med's Done....
26-04-2012
Interview........
09-05-2013
Passport Req..
11-12-2012
godprovides said:
Thanks and Good Luck to you :)
you're welcome and thank you so much for the wishes :)

prithiv

Sep 14, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
Doc's Request.
dated 21-01-2013, received on 28-01-2012
File Transfer...
23-10-2012
Med's Done....
26-04-2012
Interview........
09-05-2013
Passport Req..
11-12-2012
it seems like i have to do medical exam again :(, coz my medical going to expire on April 26 :/ *pretending everything happens is for some good reason and compromising myself ::) :)

bv

Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2012
Passport Req..
15-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2012
At last received my passport ;D,

to @glass, my passport took long more than 20 days- just send them a case specific enquiry every week.

Now to share some of my thoughts- I have been a silent member and have not contributed much to this forum, though
the information that is available here is very useful and informative and sometimes heart breaking when you see someone who applied before us getting his or her passport back.

My timelines- app: 6th Sept 2012
sponsor approval: October 21
Pass request: November 15th
In process 21 Feb 2013
decision Made 4 March 2013

There seems to be two queue's:

1. Normal Queue- Case is accepted as genuine by officers ( 6-8 months)
2. Complicated case Queue- Suspicion in the mind of the officer- can be second marriage, not enough proof & documents, etc.

If you are queued for 1, wait 6-8 months and you will get your visas, if queued for 2 then the wait is on.....

There seems to be only one criteria which decides which queue you fall under and that is the "Genuineness of relationship with your spouse" understood by the officer. ( it should not be a marriage of convenience- that is what they are fighting)

The sad part of this story is that just because some idiots try to misuse the system to their advantage, genuine couples have to suffer the consequences.

I don't think we can blame the delay, we have brought it to where it is today and I think it will get worse.

I do understand that the journey is hard, full of emotions & sentiments, I can only wish everyone the best of Luck.

(This are purely my thoughts and if I have hurt someone in the process please accept my apologies)

regards,

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
bv said:

to @ glass, my passport took long more than 20 days- just send them a case specific enquiry every week.

Now to share some of my thoughts- I have been a silent member and have not contributed much to this forum, though
the information that is available here is very useful and informative and sometimes heart breaking when you see someone who applied before us getting his or her passport back.

In process 21 Feb 2013

2. Complicated case Queue- Suspicion in the mind of the officer- can be second marriage, not enough proof & documents, etc.

If you are queued for 1, wait 6-8 months and you will get your visas, if queued for 2 then the wait is on.....

There seems to be only one criteria which decides which queue you fall under and that is the "Genuineness of relationship with your spouse" understood by the officer. ( it should not be a marriage of convenience- that is what they are fighting)

The sad part of this story is that just because some idiots try to misuse the system to their advantage, genuine couples have to suffer the consequences.

I don't think we can blame the delay, we have brought it to where it is today and I think it will get worse.

I do understand that the journey is hard, full of emotions & sentiments, I can only wish everyone the best of Luck.

(This are purely my thoughts and if I have hurt someone in the process please accept my apologies)

regards,
Congrats bv! All the best for your new life in Canada!

Oct12

Star Member
Jan 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2012
AOR Received.
12-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2012
Med's Done....
25-06-2012
Passport Req..
26-02-2012
Re: Hello!

Harisar 1008 said:
Hello everyone! I'm new to this page. To get started, I had applied for my husband's case on Oct 25th, 2012. Med. done in August, Application forwarded to New Delhi on Nov 20th 2013 and same was the Sponsorship approval date. PPR requested on Mar 2nd, 2013 and they would've received it on Mar 5th, 2013 I guess.

My application status is still showing Application Received and not showing any changes. Is that normal?
we hv quite similar tilmeline . Bt don't worry regarding status it doesn't matter. Sometimes visa officer changes it within a week to DM from application received. Mine is the case I hv in process since last month Bt hv not seen any change. Bt overall; if the case is streight forward, total time will remain same.

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

Please provide explanation, why you failed to declare the information on your current application for PR in Canada that your previous application submitted in the year 1997, under the adoption category was refused and also when a call was made to you on February 14, 2013 by our office ? .It appears that you have deliberately withheld material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in processing of your application.

Before a decision is made in your case, I am providing you with the opportunity to comment on the above concern or provide any observation or explanation in writing. You have 30 days from the date of this letter to reply.

If you choose not to respond with additional information, of if the new information forwarded by you is not satisfactory, a decision will be made based on the information in your file…

Letter Dated : 25th February 2013
Letter Received : 26th March 2013….

I responded my reply and sent the package and it will be delivered on March 28th 2013. I never received any call from ND office on 14th Feb 2013 and have included my call logs for the February month.

My wife never filed PR under adoption category in the year 1997.

Comments welcome as whats going on with my case……Thanks

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
tahsinmohammad said:
In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

Please provide explanation, why you failed to declare the information on your current application for PR in Canada that your previous application submitted in the year 1997, under the adoption category was refused and also when a call was made to you on February 14, 2013 by our office ? .It appears that you have deliberately withheld material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in processing of your application.

Before a decision is made in your case, I am providing you with the opportunity to comment on the above concern or provide any observation or explanation in writing. You have 30 days from the date of this letter to reply.

If you choose not to respond with additional information, of if the new information forwarded by you is not satisfactory, a decision will be made based on the information in your file...

Letter Dated : 25th February 2013
Letter Received : 26th March 2013....

I responded my reply and sent the package and it will be delivered on March 28th 2013. I never received any call from ND office on 14th Feb 2013 and have included my call logs for the February month.

My wife never filed PR under adoption category in the year 1997.

Comments welcome as whats going on with my case......Thanks
If you are sure that any of the information in the letter is not applicable to your wife, maybe there might be name mix-up with someone else. Has your wife applied for any other Canadian visa before this? Maybe it will be better if you contact your MP with all the details of your case including the documents you have sent now.

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
muksi said:
If you are sure that any of the information in the letter is not applicable to your wife, maybe there might be name mix-up with someone else. Has your wife applied for any other Canadian visa before this? Maybe it will be better if you contact your MP with all the details of your case including the documents you have sent now.
I wrote the same thing in the cover letter that it would be some name mix up with some other applicant.She never applied for any other Canadian Visa..I am in India waiting for her PR to fly together and dont know how can i contact my MP.Worst case scenario if they want to reject they will call me for the Interview or they can reject without any interview..If they call for the interview then i can request to see the details of that application submitted under adoption category in 1997....

I got this after my file went into In Process on 15th Feb...So expect anything to happen even after file goes into In Process..good luck every one

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
tahsinmohammad said:
I wrote the same thing in the cover letter that it would be some name mix up with some other applicant.She never applied for any other Canadian Visa..I am in India waiting for her PR to fly together and dont know how can i contact my MP.Worst case scenario if they want to reject they will call me for the Interview or they can reject without any interview..If they call for the interview then i can request to see the details of that application submitted under adoption category in 1997....

I got this after my file went into In Process on 15th Feb...So expect anything to happen even after file goes into In Process..good luck every one
I am not sure what else can be done to verify your case. Maybe you can post this in a separate thread so that senior members from other forums can give their thoughts. Wish you all the best to solve this issue!

Harisar 1008

Mar 25, 2013
Re: Hello!

we hv quite similar tilmeline . Bt don't worry regarding status it doesn't matter. Sometimes visa officer changes it within a week to DM from application received. Mine is the case I hv in process since last month Bt hv not seen any change. Bt overall; if the case is streight forward, total time will remain same.
[/quote]

Thanks for your response. I have another question, one of my friends told me we can have the case details by paying some fees. CASE ENQUIRIES kind of. Can you please let me know how does that work. Is it of any use?

glass

Mar 21, 2013
bv said:

to @ glass, my passport took long more than 20 days- just send them a case specific enquiry every week.

In process 21 Feb 2013

regards, congrats to you..How do we send case specific enquiry..plus i have updated my mailing address last month..I WANT TO MAKE SURE IF THEY UPDATED IT..

zenn

Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2012
AOR Received.
26-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-05-2012; Re-med: 06/2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
26-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2013
tahsinmohammad said:

OMG this is terrible!!
Send them a case specific enquiry asking them about the letter and confirming that your wife never applied for any such thing in 1997.
Be very clear when you outline the specifics of the letter and your case.

Good luck