+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi - 2012 applicants

nsarai01

Jun 9, 2012
Did anyone received any letter or email from New delhi office for second stage approval process. I am waiting since long time and so far no news from them. Is anyone in same situation as me. Please let me know if anyone got any letter or Email.

Application for permanent residence on May 8, 2012.

We started processing your application on September 12, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

anurkk

Feb 15, 2013
hm82 said:
Hey anurkk, any updates on your application? You have been in "In Process" for a month now !
no mann :mad: :mad: it is in process from18-feb.no address change.no acknowledgement for passport,emails ,fax and mail on address change and job status.not sure what they consider reasons as genuine query :'(

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
nsarai01 said:
Did anyone received any letter or email from New delhi office for second stage approval process. I am waiting since long time and so far no news from them. Is anyone in same situation as me. Please let me know if anyone got any letter or Email.

Application for permanent residence on May 8, 2012.

We started processing your application on September 12, 2012.

There are couple of members in this forum for whom it went in Process in September and still they are waiting to hear back. So hopefully you will hear very soon. All the best!

Please let me know when you received your sponsorship approval and passport request , i will add you to the spreadsheet.

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
glass said:
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW DO WE PUT CASE SPECIFIC ENQUIRY..
You can do that from the below link. This is given in your sponsorship approval letter.
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=new%20delhi

Also can you let us know your timeline, so that i can add you to the spreadsheet.

bal07

Mar 21, 2013
App filed: may 1, 2012
Medical done: March 29, 2012
Sponsorship approval: sep 11, 2012
Passport request: sep 22, 2012

Ecas status for Permanent Resident shows:
We received your application for permanent residence on *****

My case is straightforward.

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
bal07 said:
App filed: may 1, 2012
Medical done: March 29, 2012
Sponsorship approval: sep 11, 2012
Passport request: sep 22, 2012

Ecas status for Permanent Resident shows:
We received your application for permanent residence on *****

My case is straightforward.
I have added you to the spreadsheet. Your sponsorship approval has taken a long time compared to others with similar timeline, was there any specific reason for that?
After your application is forwarded to New Delhi it can take upto 10 months. Did you try contacting your MP or order GCMS notes.
All the best to get your visa soon.

bal07

Mar 21, 2013
hiii muksi
no there was no any specific reason .yes i contacted my mp ,he sent me an email that containted this msg from NDimmigration
office ,"This application was received at our office on 22Sep12 and is currently awaiting initial review, following which we will contact the applicant directly to advise of any additional information or action required."

scorpionking

Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18
Passport Req..
18 Sep
VISA ISSUED...
Issued by Grace of Allah.
LANDED..........
Inshah Allah issued and landed safely.
tahsinmohammad said:
In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

Please provide explanation, why you failed to declare the information on your current application for PR in Canada that your previous application submitted in the year 1997, under the adoption category was refused and also when a call was made to you on February 14, 2013 by our office ? .It appears that you have deliberately withheld material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in processing of your application.

Before a decision is made in your case, I am providing you with the opportunity to comment on the above concern or provide any observation or explanation in writing. You have 30 days from the date of this letter to reply.

If you choose not to respond with additional information, of if the new information forwarded by you is not satisfactory, a decision will be made based on the information in your file...

Letter Dated : 25th February 2013
Letter Received : 26th March 2013....

I responded my reply and sent the package and it will be delivered on March 28th 2013. I never received any call from ND office on 14th Feb 2013 and have included my call logs for the February month.

My wife never filed PR under adoption category in the year 1997.

Comments welcome as whats going on with my case......Thanks
Hey tahsinmohammed, its sad to see the response from NDVO even after your file went Inprocess but ensure this once again from your spouse living in India that whether she has ever applied for adoption category before applying for Spousal sponsorship PR and once got refused because once they start principal applicant's processing then her Given Name, Surname, Date of birth, Photos, Address and her UCI number that has provided for all her future correspondence with the immigration will come under scanner and during this situation if some thing hidden in observation or explanation then chances of approval rate is very low so please make sure that your file is at final stage for Decision so providing genuine clarification at this time will put an positive impact in your case.

anurkk

Feb 15, 2013
For all those desperately waiting after Inprocess..like me

All about BF'D :

BF'D is an acronym for "Bring Forward Date" in the Canadian PR processing system. Usually our file moves from BF'D to BF'D, as it is the day/date next earmarked by our VO to check our file. This actually serves to eliminate unnecessary clogging of the system... that if there is nothing further to add in a particular file, the VO moves to another case file to work on, rather than holding onto the same one.

What happens on a BF'D
In simple terms it is the date that the file will be looked at [again], assessed, reviewed by your case handling officer at the CHC. S/he will check if anything is lacking, any further queries to be made [to you], any documents to be asked or if any decisive action is to be made/taken. Basically it serves as a 'Reminder Tool' to the case processing officer & that your file is not 'forgotten'.

Now, if the VO observes that something is lacking [that which was asked for], s/he will probably attempt to contact you on this BF'D day and mark another BF'D on your file. This depends on the subject of check [the all time phrase 'Case-to-Case' basis]. Sometimes, if the check report warrants, the VO might not give you another opportunity and take a decisive action. Note: The situation is fluid & no one can really provide a sanguine comment on it.

Will the file be 'only' looked at a BF'D
No. If something like reports, results, documents etc. [eg. background/security checks] comes to the CHC in between, your file gets opened and assessed. However, if nothing is received in between, you get another BF'D. Note once again: If they are waiting for something and it comes as expected then the file continues to be processed further, if not then the file will be next reviewed on the BFD 'only'.

An Example
Every time we get a letter/email from the CHC -it carries a 'time limit' to submit something, right? Say 45 days, 60 days or 90 days... the ending day of that time limit is our next BF'D. As an example, if the CHC sent you a medical request [alongwith the forms] on 02 Jan 2010; and it carries a 60 day's deadline -it means your file has been marked with the next BF'D of 01 Mar 2010.

However, if your medical results are received before the BF'D [01 Mar 2010], say on 05 Feb 2010 -your file will be further processed on that day itself [05 Feb 2010]. If the med results didn't come by earlier, then it will be opened on 01 Mar 2010 -the BF'D day.

How many BF'Ds we get
Some BF'Ds are 'routine', as exampled above. Then there are some which is either case generated or because of us. By 'case generated' I mean, [eg.] if one's Security Report is pending from an external agency -the VO gives a BF'D & waits. If the report comes in time, action is taken. If it doesn't, one gets another BF'D. And the situation continues...

By 'because of us'* I mean if the VO had asked us for a document [or a couple of them]. It is wise that we proceed to submit the document/s asap. Reason? The case moves faster [read: it'll open before the BF'D]. If we don't, s/he may try to contact us on the BF'D day & log another BF'D on our file [result: Delay/s].

Delays due to BF'Ds
As stated above, except the 'routine' ones, other BF'Ds do delay our process. At the least [best scenario] each BF'D would be a month apart. Some might be more. The ideal action on our part is to submit anything that has been asked for asap. That would negate a BF'D. However, there can be times that something we just might not be able to send asap. In that case we 'must' send it by the 'deadline' -that'd avoid another BF'D, won't it?

*Many Consultants [so called agents] erroneously advise us otherwise. Stating, "Oh you got the meds, don't worry you have time till 60 days to do it". That's a 'bull'. I'd advise -do it asap, if the speed of your case process matters to you.

This post I chose to write 'coz many members are either clueless about the BF'D issue or take it lightly. Which, albeit causes delays [without our actual intention]. Moreover, there are repeated queries on the subject in various threads. I hope this helped...
Qorax

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
anurkk said:
This post I chose to write 'coz many members are either clueless about the BF'D issue or take it lightly. Which, albeit causes delays [without our actual intention]. Moreover, there are repeated queries on the subject in various threads. I hope this helped...
Qorax
Thanks Anurkk for posting this! Its very useful info about how our files are processed.

hm82

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
31-Dec-2012
AOR Received.
18-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
18-Aug-2012
Passport Req..
08-Mar-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-Apr-2013
LANDED..........
2-May-2013
anurkk said:
For all those desperately waiting after Inprocess..like me

All about BF'D :

BF'D is an acronym for "Bring Forward Date" in the Canadian PR processing system. Usually our file moves from BF'D to BF'D, as it is the day/date next earmarked by our VO to check our file. This actually serves to eliminate unnecessary clogging of the system... that if there is nothing further to add in a particular file, the VO moves to another case file to work on, rather than holding onto the same one.

What happens on a BF'D..
Thanks @anurkk ! This is pretty informative.

addcited123

Jan 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 22 2012
File Transfer...
may 11 2012
Med's Done....
jan 14 2012, remedical done on mar 11 2013
Interview........
feb 27 2013, inprocess from 27 feb 2013
Passport Req..
june 4 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM on april 21 2013,received pp on april 27 2013
LANDED..........
Ontario on May 3 2013
@ coolguy
Thanks for the info

hm82

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
31-Dec-2012
AOR Received.
18-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
18-Aug-2012
Passport Req..
08-Mar-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-Apr-2013
LANDED..........
2-May-2013
New Delhi Visa Office closed this long weekend. Surprised to see the CHC employees do NOT get all the Canadian Govt. Benefits :) (Govt. employees in Canada usually get 2 days off for Easter - they are off both Friday and Monday)

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/contact-contactez.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

Office Closures 2013

Our offices will be closed on the following dates:

Date Closed for:
Tuesday, January 1 New Year
Wednesday, March 27 Holi
Friday, March 29 Good Friday <---------- NDVO ki Chutti hai !!
Wednesday, April 24 Mahavir Jayanti
Monday, May 20 Victoria Day
Monday, July 1 Canada Day
Thursday, August 15 Independence Day of India
Monday, September 9 Ganesh Chaturthi
Wednesday, October 2 Mahatama Gandhi Jayanti
Wednesday, December 25 Christmas
Thursday, December 26 Boxing Day

cheers,
hm82

addcited123

Jan 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 22 2012
File Transfer...
may 11 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
june 4 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Ontario on May 3 2013
@ legalcitizen thanks for the info.
First of all I haven't got my visa yet bt I am hopeful abt it. I had a successful interview last month and was asked to submit fresh medical and pcc (these were the only things holding up my visa) I mailed to these documents to nd two weeks ago.
I was just wondering how much luggage I can carry with me .
I ll be departing from new delhi and have to land toronto. So when the right time comes I would probably be flying with jet airways.

addcited123

Jan 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 22 2012
File Transfer...
may 11 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
june 4 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Ontario on May 3 2013
hm82 said:
New Delhi Visa Office closed this long weekend. Surprised to see the CHC employees do NOT get all the Canadian Govt. Benefits :) (Govt. employees in Canada usually get 2 days off for Easter - they are off both Friday and Monday)

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/contact-contactez.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

Office Closures 2013

Our offices will be closed on the following dates:

Date Closed for:
Tuesday, January 1 New Year
Wednesday, March 27 Holi
Friday, March 29 Good Friday <---------- NDVO ki Chutti hai !!
Wednesday, April 24 Mahavir Jayanti
Monday, May 20 Victoria Day
Monday, July 1 Canada Day
Thursday, August 15 Independence Day of India
Monday, September 9 Ganesh Chaturthi
Wednesday, October 2 Mahatama Gandhi Jayanti
Wednesday, December 25 Christmas
Thursday, December 26 Boxing Day

cheers,
hm82

CIC sucks. :mad:
They are enjoying their long weekends and we are here waiting desperatley for any update :mad: