+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi - 2012 applicants

S

sriramvenkataramani

Re: Permanent Residence Application Status - "Decision Made"

jas515 said:
hi congratulations .. jst want to know dat when did ur file tranfer to new delhi and when u got ppr request ?
My file transfer happened on March 13th, 2012. I got a request for passport and also local police certificates at the end of April - for some reason the PCC from Indian consulate wasn't good enough for them. I sent my PCC at the end of May but I asked for an extension to send my passport.

jas515

Star Member
Jul 25, 2012
punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Passport Req..
16-07-2012 in process from 16-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2012 ...takes 209 days ....hurrrrrr got my PP on 29 -10-2012
LANDED..........
11-11-2012

sriramvenkataramani said:
My file transfer happened on March 13th, 2012. I got a request for passport and also local police certificates at the end of April - for some reason the PCC from Indian consulate wasn't good enough for them. I sent my PCC at the end of May but I asked for an extension to send my passport.
thanks

KaviVenk

Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2012
AOR Received.
13-07-2012
File Transfer...
17-07-2012
Passport Req..
10-08-2012, In process Sept. 20th, Decision Made Sept 23, Passport Returned Sept 27th!

That was my biggest hurdle.

I heard from a lot of people that sending the passport via mail / courier is illegal and I confirmed that with the consulate in Toronto. I am not really sure how that is enforced though - does the Indian customs open up every single package that's shipped in?

Anyways, both CIC-New Delhi and the Indian Consulate were OK with sending the passport to India via a relative or a friend. A relative of mine in the US went to India in mid-July so I sent it through them and they sent it via Blue Dart to CIC-ND. Blue Dart gives you delivery confirmation which I promptly emailed to CIC-ND.

Now I have to have it sent back from someone coming from India... :)

Anyways, I would wish the Indian Govt. would ease up on this restriction. I speak for others too who can't just drop their work for a few months and stay put in India to get their passports stamped. There isn't much difference in sending the passport via courier or through a relative - we are getting our passports stamped in absentia anyways.
Hi Venkatramani,

Thanks so much for your reply! We are in the same predicament, we have decided to send the passport via a friend from the US. We are also thinking of writing a cover letter to let them know that the principal applicant was unable to leave the states, and has sent the passport via a friend. We will provide them the local mailing address also. At least this way, they can know that despite there being a local mailing address in India, the applicant is residing and waiting in the states. So, if they do (God Forbid) request for an interview, at least they are aware of this from the beginning. The only way out of this situation if they do request for an interview is request ND to send the passport back to the mailing address so that a friend can bring it back to the states for applicant to travel to India and attend the interview.

If they don't request for interview, which I am assuming was your case, and they send to local mailing address, it makes things simpler, and we can get somebody to bring the passport back to the states.

Cheers!

:D

Zeenish

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-June-2012
AOR Received.
25-July-2012
File Transfer...
30-July-2012
Med's Done....
15-March-2012
Interview........
Waived?
Passport Req..
14-08-2012...Travelling..sent it on 17th September...Started processing on 16thOct!:-)
VISA ISSUED...
8-Jan-2013..FINALLY!:-)

Hi,
Did you get a standard letter requesting the PCC or did they specifically mention that they require the other PCC?

S

sriramvenkataramani

KaviVenk said:
Hi Venkatramani,

Thanks so much for your reply! We are in the same predicament, we have decided to send the passport via a friend from the US. We are also thinking of writing a cover letter to let them know that the principal applicant was unable to leave the states, and has sent the passport via a friend. We will provide them the local mailing address also. At least this way, they can know that despite there being a local mailing address in India, the applicant is residing and waiting in the states. So, if they do (God Forbid) request for an interview, at least they are aware of this from the beginning. The only way out of this situation if they do request for an interview is request ND to send the passport back to the mailing address so that a friend can bring it back to the states for applicant to travel to India and attend the interview.

If they don't request for interview, which I am assuming was your case, and they send to local mailing address, it makes things simpler, and we can get somebody to bring the passport back to the states.

Cheers!

:D
I wasn't called for an interview. I guess you've already sent in your application - but to other who are applying, my best advise in order to avoid an interview is to send as much information as you can. For my wife (sponsor) we sent in her salary slips, travel itineraries for trips we took together, references for relationship, lease agreements, bank deposits, photographs etc. As I'm working here, I sent in my employment letter and salary slips etc. to them.

S

sriramvenkataramani

Zeenish said:
Hi,
Did you get a standard letter requesting the PCC or did they specifically mention that they require the other PCC?
My initial package had the PCC from the Indian consulate. After the file transfer they specifically sent another request stating "Please submit a police certificate from the Bombay area where you lived until 20XX. The PCC issued by the Indian General Consulate is not sufficient."

My father in Mumbai had to jump hoops to get this as I've been out of the country for nearly a decade now.

123Puneet

Jun 21, 2012
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2012
File Transfer...
27-05-2012
Med's Done....
mid december
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
22-8-2012
LANDED..........
4-09-2012
Hi hkbasi, nothing new :( no updates from ND
even people who got PPR on july 20th and 26th got DM :eek:
really worried....my case is really straight forward no travel history and even my wife is pregnant.. I don't know whats going on????

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012

Hi All,

eCas shows my status as "Decision Made". I sent my passport to New Delhi on July 20th. How would one know about what the decision is? Does the ND office email you regarding the decision or is sent with the passport?
Congratulations sriram :)
you will receive your passport+COPR within 10-15 days but no email ;)

abrahamliju

Jun 1, 2012
smvi said:
Hi Friend...
You applied yr app on January..Still you got yr PP request on July??
Y so late..is thr any specific reason for it?
If you can share , please let us know...

Thanks in advance....
Hi Friend,

No specific reason, my file got to ND in Mar 2012, however they only started processing in June 12.. and they also asked for form to be submitted again and aslo i was in Dubai for some years so i guess the background checks and all took some time. I think once they started processing the application it moved pretty fast....

S

sriramvenkataramani

ashunandal said:
Congratulations sriram :)
you will receive your passport+COPR within 10-15 days but no email ;)
Thanks ashu. Hopefully, I'll be able to do my loop back into Canada soon.

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM- July 23rd,2012 - Passport received - Aug 13th,2012

Zeenish said:
Ok this ones for the senior members- I have read about how easy and straightforward cases are with no travel history. I want to know what if there is a huge deal of travel history...what happens then? does it take way too long or what exactly goes wrong? I have a travel history of 12 years.
Travel history lots or none or little make no difference to the actual processing of a file in ND CHC. Its just that applicants tend to face difficulties in obtaining right police clearance certificate at the right time on a condition that they were all obtained from country specific sources as expected by CIC. Another thing to note is the issue of some PCCs getting expired..however as long as the PCCs were all obtained from accurate sources, remain valid, cover the periods/region of the stay then it is not a problem. All the checks they do on the system is done from all regions for that particular applicant via CSIS,CBSA,CIC,RCMP and if they dont find any hits on the applicant and the PCCs were all valid then its a simple good to go.. same thing is for an applicant who have no travel history..the process still remains the same..

Hope this helps.

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
KaviVenk said:
Could someone please help me with my query below?

Our situation is similar to above. Applicant is in US. So we're considering sending the passport with a trusted friend to India from where it will be mailed to New Delhi. Current mailing address is in the US, however we will change that to local mailing address, so that New Delhi can send the passport back locally.

Two Scenarios:

Scenario 1
Now, if the interview is requested before passport can be stamped with visa, then, we are hoping that we can avail of the emergency certificate for one way travel to India, in which case the applicant will have no option but to stay in India until the passport is returned since emergency certificate will not be allowed for return journey. What are your opinions about the use of the emergency certificate to travel to India in this case? And I guess time frame to receive the passport may take about 3 - 4 weeks after an interview, is that right? The only other option besides an emergency certificate is to request New Delhi to send the passport back to US (I read somewhere on the forums that somebody requested from UK and they got passport back for travel to interview), this option is not something we are relying on as much as the emergency certificate. What are the chances of this scenario, ie. an interview being requested after the PPR?

Scenario 2
Now if no interview is requested, and the passport is sent back to local mailing address with visa, then I guess we can also get a trusted friend to bring the passport back to the US, and applicant can do the landing from the US. Is this possible?

We appreciate your opinion and insight into our situation. Thanks for all your feedback!

Cheers!
i have no idea about emergency certificate but ND will never send passport outside of India. the applicant, who requested passport back from ND to travel to India from UK was Ankit_Sonam, he requested ND to send his passport to his Father's address in India and his father sent to UK.
in most of the case ND doesnt take more than 20 days after interview (if case is simple and straight with 1-2 years travel history) i got my PP back after 13 days of interview.
if you can find someone who can bring his pp to USA, it would be best and he can land from USA.
best of luck :)

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
kishu said:
lalatata & ashu - so, you get the passport (stamped with visa) and COPR as well along with it? I was under the impression COPR document is given when you complete your landing process in Canada. No?
yes they send COPR with passport :)

jot1988

Star Member
May 5, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
29 May 2012
File Transfer...
7 June 2012
Med's Done....
24 Dec 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26 June 2012 (Received by New Delhi VO on 28 June 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2012
LANDED..........
9 Sep 2012
It's getting so frustrated..please ND give some good news...
Really sad :(

Subaru

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-APR-2012
AOR Received.
10-JUL-2012
File Transfer...
10-JUL-2012
Med's Done....
10-MAR-2012
Passport Req..
24-JUL-2012/ ND VO Received PP on 26-JUL-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Was Expecting 10-SEP-2012 , issued on Sept 11, 2012 :-)
LANDED..........
28-SEP-2012
jas515 said:
hi neemann . m from jalandhar too . u can send passport from bluedart its on the backside of skylark hotel . u can trace ur passport afterwards if there will be any problem . goodluck ..
Hey I am from Jaladhar too, are you sponsor or applicant?