+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi - 2012 applicants

shruti_shri

Star Member
Jun 23, 2011
if i apply for the gcms note than how long does it take to hear it back from them? because its been 7 and a half months since delhi received my application but no ppr yet. does applying for gcms note delay your application or anything of that sort....please let me know.....

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
shruti_shri said:
if i apply for the gcms note than how long does it take to hear it back from them? because its been 7 and a half months since delhi received my application but no ppr yet. does applying for gcms note delay your application or anything of that sort....please let me know.....
it takes 4-6 weeks to receive gcms notes. i got after 30 days and someone who applied at same day as me, didnt get his notes yet. i mean to say, its unpredictable ::) and applying for gcms is not going to affect your processing time. did you contact your MP?

Arif.merchant

May 17, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
cic-m
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/08/2012
AOR Received.
16/05/2012
File Transfer...
16/05/2012
Med's Done....
16/01/2012
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
any help its been 10 week since my file was sent to new delhi VO, no ans no reply nothing does any one know how long it takes for the ppr request any Suggestion bec normaly it take a month for application to review any suggestion would be really really a big help

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
Arif.merchant said:
any help its been 10 week since my file was sent to new delhi VO, no ans no reply nothing does any one know how long it takes for the ppr request any Suggestion bec normaly it take a month for application to review any suggestion would be really really a big help
i think you should contact your local MP in Canada. only they can help you and get information about your application from CIC on your behalf. they will tell you if ND is planning to call you for interview or not.
best of luck :)

reetottal

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-5-2012
AOR Received.
5-7-2012
File Transfer...
10-7-2012
Med's Done....
2-4-2012
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
30-7-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28 sep 2012.. passport received on 8 oct
LANDED..........
landing on 19 oct
No ppr yet......still waiting

fayou

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 19, 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 20, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 7, 2013

Indian8618

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
31-03-2012
Passport Req..
27-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2012
abhi292000 said:
approvallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
friends i m so happy was talking to wife during my lunch break and she told me i received email from Ottawa and she was tense to read email so when she read email to me we knew its approved .......so happpyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
u know funny part i called call center today and the agent told me they received the file and she dont know anything other then that..so i asked how long will the process take she told me two weeks i was so annoyed i asked her y two week when ur website shows working on application received on 19th she said i dont know but check after two weeks....and then after i got this email @ 2.02pm from Ottawa Pilot
thanks for all support guys
yipeeeeee
pls update my details thanksssss guys
Congratulation

CAPRWIFE

Apr 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 9, 2012
File Transfer...
July 10, 2012
Med's Done....
March 15, 2012
Passport Req..
July 23, 2012 ND received on: July 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
PP with Visa received on : Sep 17, 2012
It takes 30 days to receive the response. No, it won't affect / delay your application.

shruti_shri said:

rsmeet

Star Member
Jan 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 april 2012
Med's Request
24 july 2012
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
8 august 2012
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
hello everyone,
i got my sponsor approval on 9 july 2012 from cpc- mississiauga for outland appication for my wife, my vo is new delhi. Today my wife got an email from new delhi VO saying that they received my application for family class and asking her to submit her passport so they can hold them on her file and give the visa as soon as all the requirements are met. it also says that request of passport at this time does not guarantee the visa. It says please send the copy of this letter with the requested documents in one package .it also says if any other documents are requested before or after ur passport is submitted pls comply with their request. i was just confused as i got my sponsor approval before 2 weeks and wife got this email in such quick time , as new delhi processing time is 8 months for spousal , so are they gonna hold my passport for such a long time. i supposed to send additional evidences to new delhi just to make my file stronger as i did not send my skype history as well as i wanted to send more pics with my family of my marriage to new delhi vo. can i send this docs with my wife's passport or just wait till they request,please reply

O-Zone

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Aurora
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012
AOR Received.
28-06-2012
File Transfer...
03-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-01-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
23-07-2012 - In process Sept 3 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 5 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 27 2012
Yes, they hold the passport till they are satisfied that all requirements are met. That's when you see the 'decision made' status. The approach is quite inconsistent though generally people report receiving a ppr within 30 days of sponsor approval. From this point on, its a waiting game, if the case is simple and no travel history, it could be much sooner than the 6 month timeline.

And yes, send the additional documents with a cover letter explaining what these are. You can say, in reference to the PPR, pls. find attached the PP bearing #xyz as well as additional documents supporting our relationship - photos, chat histories etc. (or something along these lines). Don't forget to attached a copy of the letter they sent you.

O-Zone

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Aurora
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012
AOR Received.
28-06-2012
File Transfer...
03-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-01-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
23-07-2012 - In process Sept 3 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 5 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 27 2012
Hi everyone,
I just have a silly question.

After receiving the passport request on July 23rd, my wife sent the passport along with a cover letter and some additional supporting documents to the Canadian High Commission to New Delhi using the following address:

High Commission of Canada
Immigration Section - Service de l’Immigration
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
P.O. Box 5209
New Delhi 110021
India

However, the courier, (Bluedart Express) removed the P.O Box from the details and accepted the package saying they don't deliver to PO Boxes but they can send it to the address as they have had packages sent and received from it before. The tracking shows the package was delivered today.

Pickup Date : 24 July 2012
To : NEW DELHI
Date of Delivery : 25 July 2012
Time of Delivery : 11:05
Recipient : STAMP

Is this okay? If it didn't go to the PO Box, did it go to the right address?

sumitd

Apr 16, 2012
ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2012
AOR Received.
12-06-2012
File Transfer...
12-06-2012
Passport Req..
05-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-30-2012/ PP received on the 7th of September
LANDED..........
September 21-2012
rsmeet said:
hello everyone,
i got my sponsor approval on 9 july 2012 from cpc- mississiauga for outland appication for my wife, my vo is new delhi. Today my wife got an email from new delhi VO saying that they received my application for family class and asking her to submit her passport so they can hold them on her file and give the visa as soon as all the requirements are met. it also says that request of passport at this time does not guarantee the visa. It says please send the copy of this letter with the requested documents in one package .it also says if any other documents are requested before or after ur passport is submitted pls comply with their request. i was just confused as i got my sponsor approval before 2 weeks and wife got this email in such quick time , as new delhi processing time is 8 months for spousal , so are they gonna hold my passport for such a long time. i supposed to send additional evidences to new delhi just to make my file stronger as i did not send my skype history as well as i wanted to send more pics with my family of my marriage to new delhi vo. can i send this docs with my wife's passport or just wait till they request,please reply
Hey congrtas,

i will advice you not to send any additional docs and confuse them with more paper work..

Just leave it as is and if your case is strait forward they wont ask for additional docs to start with, so you dont want to add more paperwork for them because they follow the document checklist and they would not like to rearrage your file based on the new cover letter.

Sumit

sumitd

Apr 16, 2012
ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2012
AOR Received.
12-06-2012
File Transfer...
12-06-2012
Passport Req..
05-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
September 21-2012
O-Zone said:
Hi everyone,
I just have a silly question.

After receiving the passport request on July 23rd, my wife sent the passport along with a cover letter and some additional supporting documents to the Canadian High Commission to New Delhi using the following address:

High Commission of Canada
Immigration Section - Service de l'Immigration
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
P.O. Box 5209
New Delhi 110021
India

However, the courier, (Bluedart Express) removed the P.O Box from the details and accepted the package saying they don't deliver to PO Boxes but they can send it to the address as they have had packages sent and received from it before. The tracking shows the package was delivered today.

Pickup Date : 24 July 2012
To : NEW DELHI
Date of Delivery : 25 July 2012
Time of Delivery : 11:05
Recipient : STAMP

Is this okay? If it didn't go to the PO Box, did it go to the right address?
O ZONE,

blue dart has been delivering packages to NEW DELHI HIGH COMMISSION from day 1, so they know the importance of the package and the right address to deliver.

So dnt worry, you are not the first one. relax and enjoy the wait time..cheers.

sumitd

Apr 16, 2012
ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2012
AOR Received.
12-06-2012
File Transfer...
12-06-2012
Passport Req..
05-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
September 21-2012
manorite said:
Updated !
PPR YET?...

which part of india do you stay in....people has been getting there PPR request on regular basis.

havent heard anything from you. SEE if anyone else is from the same part of the country waiting for PPR.

in_can

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
25-06-12
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Request
Sent already
Med's Done....
06-03-2012
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
13-07-12
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-12 (Started processing on ecas,Visa has same date)
LANDED..........
Soon...
I agree with with O-zone said.... ;)

rsmeet said:
hello everyone,