18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
abhat said:
hello everyone! My husband how now landed back in Nepal after his interview in Delhi!

His interview was one and a half hours long.

The VO was a white Canadian woman, he said in her mid-thirties maybe. Very kind woman, laughed a lot in good humour.

First question was his date of birth and his age. Then she just jumped right into the question we were expected!

She asked, "How did you convince a Canadian girl to want to marry you only a few months after meeting?"

He gave some answers, and first she said she was not satisfied with that, since she is canadian and knows "our" culture and how SHE would never do such a thing. But he explained more of our relationship, how I feel about marriage and how it is so similar to Hindu marriage, and how we feel for eachother. She stopped him and laughed and said, "ok, I am satisfied with that!".

That was the most difficult question of the interview he said.

Then she asked if he had met any of my relatives, the names and ages of my sisters and how often he contacts them. When he said that he regularly texts and calls my mother she was SHOCKED and laughed and asked more about what they talk about together haha. My mum loves my husband and they really do talk quite often : ).

She asked where I work and what my position is, what my duties are and how long I have worked there.

What kind of house I live in, how many floors it has, bedrooms, etc. if I rent or own, if I have roommates, what floor of the house my bedroom is.

She asked my address, and he started giving the whole street address but she laughed again to stop him and said she would be satisfied as long as he knew the province! haha

Next she asked about my father since my husband had not said anything about him yet, so he had to explain that my father is not a part of the family and she asked more about that. Then she asked what my relationship is like with my mother and sisters, how often I see them or speak with them.

HE brought up how he had overstayed his visa in Australia 2 years ago and if that would be an issue. She seemed impressed that he mentioned it first but told him that it was not an issue at all since he got a Bridging Visa to leave the country legally when he could and explained why he overstayed very well in our original submitted documents.

Then she asked about our future plans in Canada, for school, where we wanted to live, where we planned to work, if we wanted kids soon or after we finish studying.

And finally she sat back and told him to just tell her anything he wanted her to know about me and how he feels for our relationship.

She looked through the photos we took from my visit in January, and was really impressed that I had visited. He said that she got very excited and laughing again when he showed her the scan copies of my boarding passes to and from Nepal. He said she said, " Did she really come to see you?" and seemed very shocked that I had.

He had the big folder of 500 pages of proof of communication and she saw it and said that we had already given a similar amount in the original and she knew how much we talked, she said it very jokingly though. She didn't even open the folder! haha

At the very end he asked her to please not leave him guessing and let him know what the decision will be. She said that she is the one to approve him, and she has decided that the marriage is genuine and she has put down "approved" on our file. She said he needs to get his new meds and Nepal PC so gave him his passport back to us for those. So he needs to get those done and send his passport back with those items as soon as possible. She said a request for new meds and PC will come in his e-mail within the next few days and to put that into the package as well. She told him it will take a few days for his approval to be processed into the system and then a few days longer once the re-newed items arrive. She said he is approved 100% as long as his PC and meds are just as good as they were before, which they are, so no problem at all! She was so friendly and kind to him the whole time.

So he took a flight home about six hours after the interview and is now back in Kathmandu. We will be waiting impatiently for the re-medical e-mail so we can start everything! He'll be getting his new police report started this afternoon.

So there is our interview experience!
Thanks a lot Abhat for sharing your husbands interview experience! All the best!

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
aviatorsteve said:
Hey Guys,

FINALLY GOT DM!!!

So Happy the long wait is almost over (waiting for Passport). Just checked ecas after a few days! It shows as in process date of Feb 5, 2013.

Hope my wife gets her Passport back soon, now we can spend our aniversary together!

Thanks to everyone on this forum and Congrats to All who got their DM's recently.

Best of luck to everyone else, hope you are also reunited with your spouses soon! :)

Congrats AviatorSteve! All the best!

Roach

Oct 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
File Transfer...
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
05-05-2012
Interview........
Hope Not
Passport Req..
25-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 31st Jan, Visa date is 29th Jan 2013
LANDED..........
27th Feb 2013
mumble said:
Finally

DECISION MADE!!!!

The Agonizing wait is over..
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks to all the forum members for the sharing and support. It would have not been possible without you guys.
I sincerely hope everyone gets their visas soon.

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding
Hey Mumble.. I am ready happy for you my best wishes.

Angel.forever

Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
First Medicals done Jan 2012 .. Re medicals done Feb 2013
Interview........
Aug 2012
Passport Req..
May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
12 March .... PP rcvd 21st March
LANDED..........
Soon
Congrats to all who has finally made it ....

@ Kaur , Nancy , addicted123 , am4u2ster ..... Humara Kay hoga Thakur ??????

addcited123

Jan 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 22 2012
File Transfer...
may 11 2012
Med's Done....
jan 14 2012, remedical done on mar 11 2013
Interview........
feb 27 2013, inprocess from 27 feb 2013
Passport Req..
june 4 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM on april 21 2013,received pp on april 27 2013
LANDED..........
Ontario on May 3 2013
Angel.forever said:

Hi angel read this:

“Whatever you’re going through, many others have not only experienced the same but got out of it just fine.”

so be chill yaar. Hmara bhi time ayega.

docAJ

Jan 30, 2013
Hi!!I have applied for my wife's case. My application was received by CIC, Mississauga on 2012/5/25. I attached Police records and Medical tests and then applied. New Delhi embassy sent her mail on 2012/09/23 informing us that they started processing of case and asked for passport. She sent the passport after two days. Since then there is no reply from embassy side till date. We don't know what is going on with her case? we left two mails with embassy to enquire but they are least bother.its more than 5 months since embassy held her passport? What should we do? Is this normal holding passport for that long? Coming March her medical will gonna expire. ...Whats going on??? What you guys suggest?
Thanks...Arun

Angel.forever

Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
First Medicals done Jan 2012 .. Re medicals done Feb 2013
Interview........
Aug 2012
Passport Req..
May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
12 March .... PP rcvd 21st March
LANDED..........
Soon
addcited123 said:
Angel.forever said:

Hi angel read this:

“Whatever you're going through, many others have not only experienced the same but got out of it just fine.”

so be chill yaar. Hmara bhi time ayega.
Ya u r right ... Very soon we will come out of it ...

addcited123

Jan 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 22 2012
File Transfer...
may 11 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
june 4 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Ontario on May 3 2013
@ abhat your post was helpful. Thanks.

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
docAJ said:
Hi!!I have applied for my wife's case. My application was received by CIC, Mississauga on 2012/5/25. I attached Police records and Medical tests and then applied. New Delhi embassy sent her mail on 2012/09/23 informing us that they started processing of case and asked for passport. She sent the passport after two days. Since then there is no reply from embassy side till date. We don't know what is going on with her case? we left two mails with embassy to enquire but they are least bother.its more than 5 months since embassy held her passport? What should we do? Is this normal holding passport for that long? Coming March her medical will gonna expire. ...Whats going on??? What you guys suggest?
Thanks...Arun
What is the status shown in ECAS? There were many in this forum who sent their passports in September and waiting till now. Only now they have started to receive their visas. So you might get your wife's visa very soon. All the best!

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
docAJ said:
Thanks...Arun
My passport is with ND since September 2012 and yesterday status went into In Process.Its normally that ND embassy requests Passport very early and holds with them till the process is complete....You cant do anything other than waiting....

addcited123

Jan 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 22 2012
File Transfer...
may 11 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
june 4 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Ontario on May 3 2013
Angel.forever said:
Ya u r right ... Very soon we will come out of it ...

Yes angel keep this spirit alive becoz we have to help each other. Its the way we ll come out of this agony.

mumble

Jul 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-May-2012
AOR Received.
10-Aug-2012
File Transfer...
13-Aug-2012
Passport Req..
10-Oct-2012. In Process since 26th Sept 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 18th Feb 2013..Address Change 16th Feb 2013)
LANDED..........
Destination Ontario
mca said:
Hi mumble...my case was filed on the same date as yours...08th may 2012. Wonder if you can tell me about ur timeline please. Thanks
Hey, my timeline is on the left hand side of my signature. What is the status on your ecas? When did they request the passport?

addcited123

Jan 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 22 2012
File Transfer...
may 11 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
june 4 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Ontario on May 3 2013
@ am4u2ster, nancy ,kaur
i am wondering where are these guys. No recent posts.

mumble

Jul 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-May-2012
AOR Received.
10-Aug-2012
File Transfer...
13-Aug-2012
Passport Req..
10-Oct-2012. In Process since 26th Sept 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 18th Feb 2013..Address Change 16th Feb 2013)
LANDED..........
Destination Ontario
Thank you for all the heartfelt wishes.

Some points I would like to share from my experience (my mistakes).
- There is no pattern to how NDVO picks files for review or even making decision. Use spreadsheet to understand where you are with respect to processing but do not totally rely on the same. I always thought my case was simple and it wont take me more than 5-6 months to process. It took me 286 days!! its even more than some people with interviews. I never got any queries, no additional documents nothing. My GCMS said, my case was cleared way back in September 2012!! yet the wait.
- If you are working, avoid quitting till you get PPR. I lost some months because I quit early, thinking my PPR will come on time. I received mine 2 months after file transfer.
-Try to be calm and do not over analyze :p . It causes lot of stress.
- Make best use of this platform to get your queries answered. I did not come across a better means

I cannot say 'Be Positive' as I know how hard it is and I myself was loosing it till last week. It will be hypocritical to say that. But I do wish all of you find enough strength to remain happy and positive. May God be kind on all of us.

My best wishes to each of you. I can understand your pain as I myself have waited way to long to get the decision. This time will pass and the panic of travel and packing will soon set in ;). Remember the best thing about this particular wait is that, we will get visas in the end.

Congrats to all those who got their DMs.