Interview........
01-21-2013
Passport Req..
17-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
In Process. 01-25-2013. DM 11-18-13
aks.asr1 said:
[size=20pt]LATEST UPDATE ON STRIKE: MIGHT END BY NEXT WEEK[/size]

The rotating strikes by more than 1,300 Canadian diplomats have been going for about four months, and it is beginning to hurt ordinary people, and potentially, the country's economic well-being.

This is one diplomatic spat over pay parity that we can no longer afford, and the time has come to find a resolution.

The strike began over demands by the Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers, which says its members are being paid between $3,000 and $14,000 less than other federal public servants doing the same work. According to the union, addressing its demands would cost about $4.2 million a year, and the government has apparently made an offer which PAFSO has rejected.

When students can't get visas to come to Canada and study, and when tourists wanting to come to Canada and spend money are getting frustrated with long lineups to get travel documents, it is time for all to take a deep breath and think about the impact of this strike. The tourism association has warned the strike could cost the industry $280 million this year, and Canada's colleges and universities fear it will keep thousands of international students away this fall.

There are even suggestions the strike may be affecting important trade talks.

Now PAFSO has offered binding arbitration to the government and set a Tuesday deadline for it to accept.

Arbitration has a tendency to offer settlements that government institutions can't afford, but it has its place as the lesser evil in some circumstances. The diplomatic corps is not an essential service, but when many people are being affected by this strike the way they are now, the government should strongly consider accepting the offer of arbitration.

Let's end this strife now.

BY: OTTAWA CITIZEN EDITORIAL, OTTAWA CITIZEN - JULY 19, 2013
This doesnt say that the strike will end next week. It says the government has until Tuesday to accept the arbitration offer. This is a post by someone in the editorial section of the Ottawa citizen newspaper.

aks.asr1

Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Patientlywaiting1234 said:
This doesnt say that the strike will end next week. It says the government has until Tuesday to accept the arbitration offer. This is a post by someone in the editorial section of the Ottawa citizen newspaper.
Well recently #PAFSO posted the same article on there #Facebook account to keep us updated.

sumitihm

Star Member
Feb 28, 2010
I agree this doesn't mean that the strike will be over. PAFSO Posted this on their facebook just to gain more sympathy from public and to put more pressure on govt.

falcon123

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

Our medicals have expired in July 2013 and passport has been with CIC Delhi since November 2012. My wife got a phone call from CIC Delhi in June 2013 saying we are ready to stamp the visa and he also said your medicals are expiring in July. Nothing happened after that and now the medicals are expired.

Do we email the Delhi office? Or do we just wait for Delhi to contact us for re-medicals? How do they contact us (email/post etc)?

What should I do now? Also how long of a delay are we seeing now just coz of medicals expired (and supposedly they were ready to stamp visa)?

Someone please advise what to do now.

Thanks.

suban

Jul 11, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
24 Jan 2013
Med's Done....
Re-med Nov 25
Passport Req..
09 March 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP Nov 11; DM 2014 Jan 19; Received pp with visa Jan 21
LANDED..........
Feb 4, 2014
falcon123 said:
Hello all,

Our medicals have expired in July 2013 and passport has been with CIC Delhi since November 2012. My wife got a phone call from CIC Delhi in June 2013 saying we are ready to stamp the visa and he also said your medicals are expiring in July. Nothing happened after that and now the medicals are expired.

Do we email the Delhi office? Or do we just wait for Delhi to contact us for re-medicals? How do they contact us (email/post etc)?

What should I do now? Also how long of a delay are we seeing now just coz of medicals expired (and supposedly they were ready to stamp visa)?

Someone please advise what to do now.

Thanks.
if an applicant is in india, they usually call in this type of case, but it is good idea to check your email regularly. i suggest u to email them right away explaining the situation. i think they ask u to do re-medical test. all the best

n4dpatel

Dec 13, 2012
ottawa, canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 31, 2012
Doc's Request.
none..
AOR Received.
Dec. 6, 2012
File Transfer...
Dec. 12, 2012
Med's Request
sent wid application/ re-meds May 22m 2014
Med's Done....
Sept. 2 2012./ RE- MEDS May 29, 2014
Interview........
MAY 19TH, 2014 IN PROCESS MAY 19 2014
Passport Req..
FOUND OUT AFTER 8 MONTH..DUE IN MARCH 2013. SENT IN NOV. 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM!!! JUNE 20 2014
LANDED..........
WAITING FOR PP
Canadaposts said:
HEllo NDPATEL

Do you have travel history. I am January 2013 applicant still waiting for PPR. My wife have travel history. Is it your first marriage or second have you ever e-mailed NDVO to inquire about the status of your application. Currently there is strike so no expectations of PPR. If you don't mind can you share bit more about your application process. Have you applied GCMs notes.
Hey Canadaposts::

My husband has a bit of travel history from his business, and yes this is my first marriage, but 3rd time applying. In the past NDVO was not satisfied with MY case theY thought the whole thing was a fraud and I just married my husband so he can get PR STAUS anyways I have hired some lawyers to help wid the file. we have already emailed NDVO.. ITS BEEN 9 MONTHS and have herd nothing no ppr, just ecas reads, " application received and medical results have been received." my laywer is gng ahead wid GCMS notes .. maby I will hear something in coming weeks... cuz of strikes... worked has slowed down...... :( praying to god everyday to hear something soooooon..

suban

Jul 11, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
24 Jan 2013
Med's Done....
Re-med Nov 25
Passport Req..
09 March 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Feb 4, 2014
sumitihm said:
I agree this doesn't mean that the strike will be over. PAFSO Posted this on their facebook just to gain more sympathy from public and to put more pressure on govt.
but we have hope n wish it would end tuesday. if they could not solve the problems, the college employees n teachers need to go for another strike coz there will no student in the college .

aks.asr1

Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's funny if they are on strike for last (6) weeks how they going to finish up all the applications and stamp the visa which were submitted last year. According, to the CIC website they are still saying (10) months of processing time from NVDO..

suban

Jul 11, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
24 Jan 2013
Med's Done....
Re-med Nov 25
Passport Req..
09 March 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Feb 4, 2014
aks.asr1 said:
It's funny if they are on strike for last (6) weeks how they going to finish up all the applications and stamp the visa which were submitted last year. According, to the CIC website they are still saying (10) months of processing time from NVDO..
they are lier.. :(

getcanadavisa

Star Member
Jun 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2014
Anybody left who apply around March-April-May - 2012......

getcanadavisa

Star Member
Jun 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2014
When should I expect my CAIPS notes. It was submitted on

Jun 20 - 2013

Thanks\
GetCanadaVisa

maverick.dexter

Feb 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6 Feb 2013
File Transfer...
27 Feb 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28 May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7 Aug 2013...DM: 14 Aug 2013
getcanadavisa said:
When should I expect my CAIPS notes. It was submitted on

Jun 20 - 2013

Thanks\
GetCanadaVisa
GCMS notes are usually ready within 30-40 days...so you should expect them anytime now

Patientlywaiting1234

Star Member
Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
02-03-2012
Interview........
01-21-2013
Passport Req..
17-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
getcanadavisa said:
Anybody left who apply around March-April-May - 2012......
Yes May 2012

getcanadavisa

Star Member
Jun 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2014
Patientlywaiting1234 said:
Yes May 2012
What could be wrong with our application..... I have re-submitted medical and pcc as per their instruction. So far they have not asked for interview or any other proof........
CAIPS results awaited and they are not responding to my lawyer.... We did MP inquiry twice but results were fruitless... nothing concrete.....

Any thoughts..........

Patientlywaiting1234

Star Member
Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
02-03-2012
Interview........
01-21-2013
Passport Req..
17-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
getcanadavisa said:
What could be wrong with our application..... I have re-submitted medical and pcc as per their instruction. So far they have not asked for interview or any other proof........
CAIPS results awaited and they are not responding to my lawyer.... We did MP inquiry twice but results were fruitless... nothing concrete.....

Any thoughts..........
I did mp inquiry as well. In June I was told that my spouse will get a remedical request. No request yet. I sent a case specific enquiry as well. No answer to that either. Now I have applied for the notes. Waiting for those now.