+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi - 2012 applicants

shinningdew

Aug 16, 2012
cal2can said:
Congrats ShiningDew.... I've also have same dates for in process n decision made as you.... But passport not recd yet... Where are you from India?? Also did ur address change to canada on ecas??
I am in Punjab, India. and yes, my address was changed second day after decision made.

sep24.12

Mar 3, 2013
Hi Guys... found something interesting and thought to share.this is someone's answer on how background and security checks are done on another website forum........... doing google research on family class sponsorship may soon drive me crazy..
------------------------------------------------------------------

Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Qorax

Devsi2012

Jul 15, 2012
aks.asr1 said:
Hi Friends,

When I submitted my wife sponsorship application. We provided them all the papers including the Indian Police Certificate. But, somehow we missed and forgot to submit the England's Police Certificate cause she lived in UK for 2 yrs.
After we submitted the passport they asked us to submit the England Police Certificate before April 14, 2013. We received the certificate and forwarded to NDVO on April 6th 2013 and got delivered which was (Saturday) according to Blue dart courier service.
Since then we haven't heard anything from the NDVO. It is still saying “in process” since March 2013.
My question is should I email NDVO to check if they received our courier or should we wait for the Decision Made on our application.

Thanks, in advance.
Hi There,

I would suggest you to call NDVO customer service and ask if they received your courier. Emailing will be time consuming and the chances are less that they would respond to it.

Thanks

Devsi2012

Jul 15, 2012
jainanchal said:
Devsi2012
it says "A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision."

fatima04
Thanks Fatima :) wish you the same for the good life in Canada!

Calgary2013
CONGRATULATIONS :) look forward for the passport now and CAnada here it is for you :)

cal
take it as a good news...I was worried too at first, but understanding is (i think) before negative decision, they would call or have an interview :) if none, then approved eh! congratulations!
please also look at my time line posted...

shinningdew
congratulations! finally eh!

mohsin_18in
congratulations! all will be done soon :)
Thanks jainanchal.

Devsi2012

Jul 15, 2012
jainanchal said:
Today is our first Marriage anniversary, and unfortunately we are not together, but there's nothing better than the Passport in Hand with CANADA VISA on it...and I told my wife, given the situation, this is the best Anniversary Gift we could get :)...I know for future she is soon going to get busy with packing shopping meeting and greeting all...but I just can't wait for her here...

If we really look at my timeline, I know it took only 5 months, but forget the months, each week passing by was killing me softly...
and for most of us I can totally understand the pain of not knowing what is happening with the file, not knowing if there's been any update or not, not knowing if they even received the application or not...
it does become easy for us (people who get the VISAs) to say that patience pays off, but we do need a platform to take it out among people, among friends who can understand us and can relate to us, and that's what this forum has given me, and I want to extend my thanks and appreciation to all who not only just read/listen to me but replied to my queries as well, helped me maintain patience and look forward in a positive manner...I know collectively you all have helped me and I hope I am able to help-in as well...

My knowledge is limited to my case only, but reading along the forum and learning details, I can try to answer if anything comes across in future...

In the end, I just want to say, keep positivity and faith alive, these are two strong pillars that we all need to pass this waiting time...try not to let incomplete information bother you...and keep up the good work... :)

ps...I am from Vancouver, if ever given a chance and anyone from you moving there, we should try to meet up and at least say hello to each other...
Hi jainanchal,

First of all, many many congratulations to you and your wife for your first wedding anniversary. I totally understand the pain of not being together on this special occasion. Receiving VISA on this special day is the most important gift for you guys. I wish you both a wonderful married life ahead.

I totally agree to what you said. This forum has always been like a backbone. Reading everyone's experience kinda gave enough strength to go through tough days of our lives.

I am located in Edmonton, AB. I may move to Vancouver, BC in future. Not too sure though. I'll catch up with you here then.

Good luck.

Thanks

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
cal said:
Thanks Muski,

If you don't mind have you got your pp back with visa? Does your home address shows as "city-state-Canada" in ecas ?

I am a bit woried so want to know if anybody got decision made and home address shows as "city-state-Canada" got their visa and passport.

Thanks and appreciate your help.
Yes it shows only city, state and Canada. You will get your passport with visa in couple of days.

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
sallyander said:
Hi,
I just got a Medical Request letter for me and my daughter from the embassy.. The mail included IMM1017. But I have already done my medicals and the client information sheet tht they have sent I have already filled up and sent to the Visa office on 25th April 2013 itself. Now what should I do. How to inform them that I have sent them the medical forms already. Should I Speak to the DMP tomorrow and intimate them. Please suggest.

Regards,
Sally.
You can send a case specific query informing them that you have already sent your medical on which date and when it was delivered. You can also talk to your DMP just for confirming. That should take care of it. All the best!

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
Reeyan said:
@ Muksi ;D

Your time line is same as mine. I have been waiting for almost 7 months now. Why do you think they are stopping me to change my husband's status?? Whats our next step?? In my husband ecas..it only says app rcvd. It says app ecvd and decision made in my Ecas..
Do you have any travel history?? My husband has a lot of travel history since he is a business man but he doesnt stay more then 2 weeks.

ANy idea when should i expect my husband passport back with Visa?? ;) ;) ;)
If you are the sponsor and if you login to eCas with your information , it will show the status of sponsorship approval which is first stage.

Long travel history's can cause more time to do background/security checks. But it will all depend on each case. Hope for the best!

maplegal86

Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Request
07-06-2013
Med's Done....
16-05-2012. Remed: 10-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
jainanchal said:
Today is our first Marriage anniversary, and unfortunately we are not together, but there's nothing better than the Passport in Hand with CANADA VISA on it...and I told my wife, given the situation, this is the best Anniversary Gift we could get :)...I know for future she is soon going to get busy with packing shopping meeting and greeting all...but I just can't wait for her here...

If we really look at my timeline, I know it took only 5 months, but forget the months, each week passing by was killing me softly...
and for most of us I can totally understand the pain of not knowing what is happening with the file, not knowing if there's been any update or not, not knowing if they even received the application or not...
it does become easy for us (people who get the VISAs) to say that patience pays off, but we do need a platform to take it out among people, among friends who can understand us and can relate to us, and that's what this forum has given me, and I want to extend my thanks and appreciation to all who not only just read/listen to me but replied to my queries as well, helped me maintain patience and look forward in a positive manner...I know collectively you all have helped me and I hope I am able to help-in as well...

My knowledge is limited to my case only, but reading along the forum and learning details, I can try to answer if anything comes across in future...

In the end, I just want to say, keep positivity and faith alive, these are two strong pillars that we all need to pass this waiting time...try not to let incomplete information bother you...and keep up the good work... :)

ps...I am from Vancouver, if ever given a chance and anyone from you moving there, we should try to meet up and at least say hello to each other...
Congratulations! And happy wedding anniversary!

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
mohsin_18in said:
Hi Everyone my status has changed to Decision Made.... Btw Address haven't changed yet is it a problem ???

"We started processing your application on April 25, 2013.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision."
Congrats Mohsin_18in! It will change in couple of days! If you didnt have any interview or any other communication from NDVO regarding any issues with your case then it will be good news!

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
jainanchal said:

Wish you a happy marriage anniversary! All the best!

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
aks.asr1 said:
Hi Friends,

When I submitted my wife sponsorship application. We provided them all the papers including the Indian Police Certificate. But, somehow we missed and forgot to submit the England's Police Certificate cause she lived in UK for 2 yrs.
After we submitted the passport they asked us to submit the England Police Certificate before April 14, 2013. We received the certificate and forwarded to NDVO on April 6th 2013 and got delivered which was (Saturday) according to Blue dart courier service.
Since then we haven't heard anything from the NDVO. It is still saying “in process” since March 2013.
My question is should I email NDVO to check if they received our courier or should we wait for the Decision Made on our application.

Thanks, in advance.
Since you know the certificate was delivered through blue dart, you can wait for DM. Normally they wont send any confirmation for receiving passports, documents. Even if you send mail they may not respond or will take a long time. Calling them wont help either. But there is nothing wrong in trying if still want to.

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
cankam said:
hello frnz....

thanx 2 alll

actually i got a call frm embassy nd offcr said dat u can get ur passport wid visa from embassy by hand....so my visa has issued..as she said.. my medical is going 2 expire in june...dats y she cald me...so be patience frnz..

but e-cas showa same status same address so dnt trust on e-cas status..
e-cas shows application rcvd,mediclrcvd.

gud luck to all.. :)
Congrats Cankam! All the best for your life in Canada!

fatima04

Apr 16, 2013
jainanchal said:

Congratulations Jainanchal for the happy news n ur marriage anniversary!!
well our status update was done on the same date ie 23rd april...my address was changed on ecas on 24th april...bt i havent received my passport yet...im from uttar pradesh...my town is like 4 hrs away from new delhi..n we r a bit concerned now...bcoz of this uncertainty my husband flew down from Toronto to be wid me for just a week bfr he joins his new job...n we r patiently waiting for the passport bt thrs no news..has thr been anyone on this forum who had to wait for long to receive their passports aftr getting DM n address change???

sallyander

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/12/2012
AOR Received.
15/01/2013
File Transfer...
15/01/2013
Med's Done....
22/04/2013
Passport Req..
02/03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
May be soon
muksi said:
You can send a case specific query informing them that you have already sent your medical on which date and when it was delivered. You can also talk to your DMP just for confirming. That should take care of it. All the best!
Hi Muksi,

I spoke to my DMP and she has suggested to just write a cover letter saying that I have completed the medicals and attached the Medical reports with the covering letter. She has also confirmed that they have send the reports to the embassy on 23rd only. Now I'm going to send them the courier with the docs and as well i will send them the case specific query too.While i do so I will upload the docs too online. Hope these takes care.Thanks as always. Will keep u posted.

Regards
Sally