Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Devsi2012 said:
Hi There,

I would suggest you to call NDVO customer service and ask if they received your courier. Emailing will be time consuming and the chances are less that they would respond to it.

Thanks
Hi Devsi2012,
We did called them yesterday. Firstly people up there talked really rudely over the phone and secondly they said just email us if you have any questions and hang up the call without saying anything else.

maplegal86

Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Request
07-06-2013
Med's Done....
16-05-2012. Remed: 10-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
aks.asr1 said:
Hi Devsi2012,
We did called them yesterday. Firstly people up there talked really rudely over the phone and secondly they said just email us if you have any questions and hang up the call without saying anything else.
Yeah don't bother with the call center. It's just there to tell you to email CHC.

The best way to get a reply is to email them yourself or get your MP to enquire. If you email them, they will reply after 2 months. If you get your MP to ask, you'll get a quicker reply, but you cant pester the MP all the time.

Good luck!

cal2can

Oct 9, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July'12
Doc's Request.
Jan'13
File Transfer...
Aug'12
Med's Done....
1st Med- Jun'12/Re-med Sept'13
Interview........
Jan'13
Passport Req..
1st PPR-Sep'12/ 2nd PPR-Sept'13
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting!!!
Sad news..... After a long wait for 9 months our file is rejected :( n the reason as they state is that our marriage is not legal under Hindu marriage act coz my wife is a foreigner buddhist & I am a Indian sikh (we both come under hindus as per the hindu marriage act, coz else why the f*** we wud register our marriage under hindu act & why the f****** registrar wud register our marriage under hindu marriage act)!!! To support this fact we had sent further documentation which was sent well within the time stipulated!!!

But as per their letter it seems they havent recieved or looked the documents we sent.... Coz the decision has been taken based on the interview, n they also lied that I said in the interview that my wife is a christian which I in my wildest dreamz wont say coz thats not true... Now i have emailed them and also sending the package again coz this is unfair that they take the decision without cheking the docs...

Guys apart from this we are thinking to re-apply rather than appeal!!! What's ur views on this?????

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
cal2can said:
Sad news..... After a long wait for 9 months our file is rejected :( n the reason as they state is that our marriage is not legal under Hindu marriage act coz my wife is a foreigner buddhist & I am a Indian sikh (we both come under hindus as per the hindu marriage act, coz else why the f*** we wud register our marriage under hindu act & why the f****** registrar wud register our marriage under hindu marriage act)!!! To support this fact we had sent further documentation which was sent well within the time stipulated!!!

But as per their letter it seems they havent recieved or looked the documents we sent.... Coz the decision has been taken based on the interview, n they also lied that I said in the interview that my wife is a christian which I in my wildest dreamz wont say coz thats not true... Now i have emailed them and also sending the package again coz this is unfair that they take the decision without cheking the docs...

Guys apart from this we are thinking to re-apply rather than appeal!!! What's ur views on this?????
Very sorry to hear about the refusal. Why do you think re-applying is better than appealing? Consult an immigration attorney providing all your details so you can get a better legal analysis of your case. After that you can take a call whether to appeal or re-apply.

cal2can

Oct 9, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July'12
Doc's Request.
Jan'13
File Transfer...
Aug'12
Med's Done....
Interview........
Jan'13
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting!!!
muksi said:
Very sorry to hear about the refusal. Why do you think re-applying is better than appealing? Consult an immigration attorney providing all your details so you can get a better legal analysis of your case. After that you can take a call whether to appeal or re-apply.
Dear Muksi Re_apply coz firstly if they are not satisfied with our marriage being legal under Hindu marriage act then we will have to remarry under special marriage act & secondly re-applying will take less time (coz we have all the docs ready except PCC & medical) & is cost effective than Appeal!!

cal2can

Oct 9, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July'12
Doc's Request.
Jan'13
File Transfer...
Aug'12
Med's Done....
Interview........
Jan'13
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting!!!
muksi said:
Also muksi I have no idea Who is an immigration attorney & how & where to contact??
please advice!!

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
cal2can said:
Dear Muksi Re_apply coz firstly if they are not satisfied with our marriage being legal under Hindu marriage act then we will have to remarry under special marriage act & secondly re-applying will take less time (coz we have all the docs ready except PCC & medical) & is cost effective than Appeal!!
If the remarriage under a special act is possible then go for it. That will solidify your case and re-applying is a better option. Still i think getting an opinion from both a lawyer in India and an immigration lawyer in Canada will help to make sure re-marriage under a special act will be accepted. All the best!

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
cal2can said:
Also muksi I have no idea Who is an immigration attorney & how & where to contact??
please advice!!
Based on where you are you can find a good immigration lawyer. Most of them also provide an initial free consultation. Even this forum website is owned by an immigration lawyer.

hot90

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
thanks muksi you giive me right advice to check the spreed sheet and i really feel comfortable they take 5 or 6 months does not matter the are very quick :-*

maplegal86

Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Request
07-06-2013
Med's Done....
16-05-2012. Remed: 10-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
cal2can said:
please advice!!
Very sorry to hear this cal2can. Had you contacted your MP at any point in this process? It seems ridiculous that they would completely misunderstand the things you said in the interview.

waitingsince2004

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CIC Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
28-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-02-2021
LANDED..........
28-10-2015
cal2can said:
I am really very sorry to hear about your case. I suggest you to go for re-applying rather than appeal. Because if VO marked that your marriage in not valid under Hindu marriage act, that mean they had a solid evidence of that...coz VO think 100 times before rejecting a spousal case because they know if applicant win the appeal, it will raise a question upon them too, It is better if you get your marriage registered under a special marriage act because you are a Sikh and your wife is a Buddhist. did she baptized to Buddhism or by birth ?

Secondly , if you will go for an appeal, and if you are landing in Ontario...IAD can take up 3 years for a final decision which is waste of time as well as money. :(

a question, if it is a first marriage of both of you? , arranged or Love?? ceremony was in India or abroad? all these factors are also important for a spousal sponsorship.

Good Luck you..

cal2can

Oct 9, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July'12
Doc's Request.
Jan'13
File Transfer...
Aug'12
Med's Done....
Interview........
Jan'13
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting!!!
waitingsince2004 said:
I am really very sorry to hear about your case. I suggest you to go for re-applying rather than appeal. Because if VO marked that your marriage in not valid under Hindu marriage act, that mean they had a solid evidence of that...coz VO think 100 times before rejecting a spousal case because they know if applicant win the appeal, it will raise a question upon them too, It is better if you get your marriage under a special marriage act because you are a Sikh and your wife is a Buddhist. did she batised to Buddhism or by birth ?

Secondly , if you will go for an appeal, and if you are landing in Ontario...IAD can take up 3 years for a final decision which is waste of time as well as money. :(

a question, if it is a first marriage of both of you? , arranged or Love?? ceremony was in India or abroad? all these factors are also important for a spousal sponsorship.

Good Luck you..
Hi she has opted buddhism as her religion 5 years ago. Ours is a love marriage, first marriage for both, love marriage, ceremony was in India.. Also after the interview they requested more documents... We had sent a letter from the monestary confirming her faith as buddhism and also other supporting documents to prove the legality of the marriage (like marriage certificate attested by ministry of external affairs), submissions from a lawyer...

The rejection letter nowhere states about the additional documents & seems like decision is totally based on the interview ( also they lied in the refusal letter that I said my wife is a christian, how the heck do they say all this lie)... I dunno if they didn't receive the docs or they did not read em... So I am mailing them the copies of docs again & also consulting an MP in canada to enquire about the additional docs coz my original marriage certificate & gurudwara certificate is also in the docs which they did not return with the passport..

Can you advice if there is any gap which needs to be there before re-applying?? I will be moving to Vancouver, dunno when :(

waitingsince2004

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CIC Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
28-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-02-2021
LANDED..........
28-10-2015
cal2can said:
Hi she has opted buddhism as her religion 5 years ago. Ours is a love marriage, first marriage for both, love marriage, ceremony was in India.. Also after the interview they requested more documents... We had sent a letter from the monestary confirming her faith as buddhism and also other supporting documents to prove the legality of the marriage (like marriage certificate attested by ministry of external affairs), submissions from a lawyer...

The rejection letter nowhere states about the additional documents & seems like decision is totally based on the interview ( also they lied in the refusal letter that I said my wife is a christian, how the heck do they say all this lie)... I dunno if they didn't receive the docs or they did not read em... So I am mailing them the copies of docs again & also consulting an MP in canada to enquire about the additional docs coz my original marriage certificate & gurudwara certificate is also in the docs which they did not return with the passport..

Can you advice if there is any gap which needs to be there before re-applying?? I will be moving to Vancouver, dunno when :(
Dear Friend, I am really sad to hear about you and can understand your pain. Please note that there is no need to send any email or letters or contact MP at this moment, because once decision has been mad, No once can change , not even Minister of Immigration. :( ???

If you got refusal letter , you can re-apply any time now, but you must have more evidences about genuineness of marriage. VO could very easily suspect why a sikh person married to a Buddhist girl though even if it is a love marriage. Visa office also check since how long you was knowing to each other, why a Buddhist girl who adopted Buddhism five years ago could Mary a person with a different religion. in nut shell, you have to prepare a lot before applying. like how you met, where you met, how long you stayed together? do you have any joint bank account , did her family present in marriage. Gurdwara certificate is not a solid evidence :( how you guys were communicated, how many time she visited you etc etc...

I wish you a very good luck and please if you think to re-apply, apply with more evidences and proof of a genuineness of your relation. IAD will take 2-3 years for a decision and it is also expensive because Immigration lawyer will charge you heavy. Also....if you will reapply, your application will be treated by a different Visa officer but it is sure that you will call again for an interview. it reminds me to ask...did your wife attended interview at CHC?? if Not....it was also not a good impact on VO.

You can also order your GCMS notes which will tell you exactly the reason of refusal.

Good Luck!

Buds

Sep 11, 2012
CALGARY
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 02, 2014
AOR Received.
Not Yet
File Transfer...
Not Yet
Med's Done....
Not Yet
Passport Req..
---
cal2can said:

Oh Man!!!!
saddest news so far I have heard on this forum...

cal

Feb 21, 2013
It is a sad news cal2can. Does your address changed as city, state canada ? Normally everyone said that address change and decissision made is a good sign.

Thats not true for everyone.