+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Comer to Canada - Issue in getting car finance

jagan542

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
Hello Experts,
I need your suggestion on getting finance to buy a car for myself.
I am new to Canada, it's been a week. Most of the banks and dealers are asking for a job appointment letter, which I do not have one in hand right now. I started applying for jobs at this point in time.

Please suggest me if you have any solution for this or if you know any dealers that would help the new comers.

Thanks in advance.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello Experts,
I am new to Canada, it's been a week. Most of the banks and dealers are asking for a job appointment letter, which I do not have one in hand right now. I started applying for jobs at this point in time.

Please suggest me if you have any solution for this or if you know any dealers that would help the new comers.

Thanks in advance.
No job and no Canadian credit history? The only people who are likely to finance you are people you do NOT want to borrow from.

Reactions: Buletruck

James_NZ1

Jan 15, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
14-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-08-2018
Why finance a car? If you look hard enough and in the right places you will find a very good quality 2nd hand car.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thanks all !! :)
One word of advice.. Consider going to a reputable dealer rather than buying privately from a stranger, at least until you have been here for a while and "learned the ropes".

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a cheap second hand car is ok for the start. And even that one I would not advise until you get a job.
Word of advice, try to move close to public transport first. Start applying and just rent out a tiny car if needed for that day or week. Get your Canadian driving licence started (or exchanged) and only once you get a job then go for a car (again you can do 1 or 2 weeks renting there).
Why? You do not know if you will get your job offer fast or slow. And with just a learner driving licence, you can forget to insure that car (which means to be able to get plates for it as well).

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
Hello Experts,

Thanks in advance.
If you have been here just for a week, I am assuming you haven't got your Canadian driving license yet? How do you plan to get insurance without that license?

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
I don’t know your background, driving history, profession or financial situation. Except that you are jobless, in a new country, without an established social network.

My advice to you would be - don’t get a loan or a lease, buy an used car that you can afford, and ask for a Carfax report.

And if you’re in Ontario, get a G license first, before buying or insuring a car.