+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Citizenship Application form ( the form has changed)

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Hi
The application form for Citizenship has changed, and a new form is available for download. However, I have an issue with that. For Educational and work history, we can add only 15 rows to the form, and I have 18 rows. I don't know what to do. I appreciate your help in advance.

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
Hi
The application form for Citizenship has changed, and a new form is available for download. However, I have an issue with that. For Educational and work history, we can add only 15 rows to the form, and I have 18 rows. I don't know what to do. I appreciate your help in advance.
On the blank piece of paper write question number and add information. So you will write 15 in rows and 3 on blank (white sheet of paper). Just make sure u say for example 5 Education. Maintain the same format - table with same columns. Good luck. That's what I did for travel when applying for PR and Citizenship

zno

Jan 22, 2021
Hi, i just confused about between the eligibility period of Physical Presence Calculator and Citizenship apllication. Calculator’s period starts 5 years back from application date and ends 1 day before. Application form asks “to” date of the calculator as the end date of the eligibility period and automatically takes 5 years back from this date. As a result the two eligibility periods starting date is different with one day. This effects the address history starting date as the new form asks y/m/d. if you experienced the same how did you filled it?

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
On the blank piece of paper write question number and add information. So you will write 15 in rows and 3 on blank (white sheet of paper). Just make sure u say for example 5 Education. Maintain the same format - table with same columns. Good luck. That's what I did for travel when applying for PR and Citizenship
Thank you so much for your help. Appreciate it.

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Hi, i just confused about between the eligibility period of Physical Presence Calculator and Citizenship apllication. Calculator’s period starts 5 years back from application date and ends 1 day before. Application form asks “to” date of the calculator as the end date of the eligibility period and automatically takes 5 years back from this date. As a result the two eligibility periods starting date is different with one day. This effects the address history starting date as the new form asks y/m/d. if you experienced the same how did you filled it?
Yea, I noticed that as well. I think we'd better to consider what is written in the application form, because the start date of our eligibility period is generated automatically in the form. In addition, since the begining date in the application form starts one day earlier in comparison to the physical presence calculator, better to use the one in the app form in the address history to be safe. All in all, I believe one day is not that important and can't affect the whole application to be either refused or returned.

avm

Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
File Transfer...
N/A
Section 15 ( language evidence) of New citizenship application form CIT 0002 (10-2020) is not working.

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Section 15 ( language evidence) of New citizenship application form CIT 0002 (10-2020) is not working.
I had the same issue, but found the reason. As long as you don't fill almost all the fields before that, it does not work. As soon as you fill the sections before that, it would work.

Reactions: avm

avm

Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
File Transfer...
N/A
I had the same issue, but found the reason. As long as you don't fill almost all the fields before that, it does not work. As soon as you fill the sections before that, it would work.
Actually, I sent my application on 20-January-2021 in CIT 0002(12-2019) old version.

I am just checking new version and found error.

Thanks for clarifying my doubt.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Yea, I noticed that as well. I think we'd better to consider what is written in the application form, because the start date of our eligibility period is generated automatically in the form. In addition, since the begining date in the application form starts one day earlier in comparison to the physical presence calculator, better to use the one in the app form in the address history to be safe. All in all, I believe one day is not that important and can't affect the whole application to be either refused or returned.
I came here to ask about this. It's really weird that the online presence calculator will have different start and end dates of the eligibility period.
if there is a one-day discrepancy, then we need to include that in the online calculator too. I'm confused here.

----EDIT---
It turns out I can update the temporary status start date to be one day before the eligibility start date and the online calculator will complain, but would still accept it and print out the form for me.

zno

Jan 22, 2021
Thank you very much

zno

Jan 22, 2021
I came here to ask about this. It's really weird that the online presence calculator will have different start and end dates of the eligibility period.
if there is a one-day discrepancy, then we need to include that in the online calculator too. I'm confused here.

----EDIT---
It turns out I can update the temporary status start date to be one day before the eligibility start date and the online calculator will complain, but would still accept it and print out the form for me.
I left it as it is like RJ2020 said and added an explanation note.

zno

Jan 22, 2021
Hi again İ could not find my other post about Mac application form barcode problem but i wanted to share the solution other than finding a windows computer. Fill the form in newer version of Adobe. Validate it. Use the older version of Adobe to view and print the form with the barcodes. Don’t bother with the red boxes appearing in each box when you open the file in older version. They disappear when you print it.

Reactions: AhsanK

Sweetcandyyy

Feb 7, 2021
Hi again İ could not find my other post about Mac application form barcode problem but i wanted to share the solution other than finding a windows computer. Fill the form in newer version of Adobe. Validate it. Use the older version of Adobe to view and print the form with the barcodes. Don’t bother with the red boxes appearing in each box when you open the file in older version. They disappear when you print it.
Hi Zno, I have one question about red box. After I clicked validate and it does show two pages barcodes. But almost each box shows red boxes, what cause it? One more question, can I enter 2 days after date as application date and validate it and print them in advance?

thanks in advance! I am in the middle of this issue. Please help me.

kush9232

Nov 7, 2014
Hi Guys,
I missed one letter in middle name in sign form.
Any suggestions how to update?
Thanks in advance.
Good luck