+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New CIC Minister

bigben3

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
Hi All,

Not sure if it makes any difference to applications but Trudeau shuffled his cabinet. Ahmed Hussein is the new cic minister.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/chrystia-freeland-becomes-foreign-minister-as-trudeau-shuffles-cabinet/ar-BBy7gfZ?li=AAggNb9

spiritsoul

Jan 9, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-05-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Request
25-11-2012
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-06-2013
What does that mean?
Mccallum was not doing good, I believe he was a good performer regardless his stand on bill C-6 where he didn't do that so good!!!

He reduced waiting times, welcomed refugees, ....etc

frankwhyte22

May 1, 2016
I think this is good for immigration considering he arrived in this country as a refugee at the age of 16 and experienced the hell immigrants face here. He is also from a 3rd world country in Africa and he should understand how immigrants are treated by CIC officers because of their Race or Religion considering he is a Muslim.

The previous immigration ministers do not know what it means to be an immigrant, they never understood the pain of the waiting games as they never had to apply for anything themselves.

I want to assume and believe it is a good development.

frankwhyte22

May 1, 2016
spiritsoul said:
What does that mean?
Mccallum was not doing good, I believe he was a good performer regardless his stand on bill C-6 where he didn't do that so good!!!

He reduced waiting times, welcomed refugees, ....etc
Mccallum has retiried from Politics and will be ambassador to China.

He he did well in his short term as CIC minister without any doubt.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
frankwhyte22 said:
I think this is good for immigration considering he arrived in this country as a refugee at the age of 16 and experienced the hell immigrants face here. He is also from a 3rd world country in Africa and he should understand how immigrants are treated by CIC officers because of their Race or Religion considering he is a Muslim.

The previous immigration ministers do not know what it means to be an immigrant, they never understood the pain of the waiting games as they never had to apply for anything themselves.

I want to assume and believe it is a good development.
Sometimes, immigrants are the most judgmental and least sympathetic to other immigrants. Just read some of the posts on this forum. Hopefully, that isn't the case with Mr. Hussein.

skekk

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
links18 said:
Sometimes, immigrants are the most judgmental and least sympathetic to other immigrants. Just read some of the posts on this forum. Hopefully, that isn't the case with Mr. Hussein.
Unfortunately I will agree with you... So myself I try not to be judgmental, but it requires an effort

canadasucks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maybe Mccallum also thinks the life in Canada is too boring, so decided to move to China with his Chinese wife. If that's the case, is that irony that an immigration minister whose job is to dis-encourage people from leaving Canada for better opportunities and life finally leaves the country himself for better opportunities and life.

Anyway the new minister will definitely do something immediately as all newly appointed officials do. But nobody knows what is his priority unless he speaks himself.

subha_1962

Dec 20, 2013
canadasucks said:
Maybe Mccallum also thinks the life in Canada is too boring, so decided to move to China with his Chinese wife. If that's the case, is that irony that an immigration minister whose job is to dis-encourage people from leaving Canada for better opportunities and life finally leaves the country himself for better opportunities and life.
I don't think that this is the exact case since this is a government diplomatic position even though I am sure he must welcome a change. He is a senior politician anyway, and why not get a reward with a good diplomatic appointment. It is a very important one too. But I wish that C 6 would have been completed before he left

canadasucks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got a feeling that Ahmed Hussen could be another Maryam Monsef. They are very similar. They were both promoted not because of their experiences and skills, but for Liberals own political correctness. They were both highly praised by Liberals for being the "first Afghan/Somali born" and "refugee" and "youngest". Then it turned out Maryam Monsef was not Afghan born and was not a true refugee. Her young age also proved to be lack of experiences and skills. She is finally demoted today to a less important position after only one year on her job.

Liberals still have not learned their lessons, being born in an exotic place as a "refugee" or being a Muslim or a female or young is not necessary to make you a much better cabinet minister!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
canadasucks said:
I got a feeling that Ahmed Hussen could be another Maryam Monsef. They are very similar. They were both promoted not because of their experiences and skills, but for Liberals own political correctness. They were both highly praised by Liberals for being the "first Afghan/Somali born" and "refugee" and "youngest". Then it turned out Maryam Monsef was not Afghan born and was not a true refugee. Her young age also proved to be lack of experiences and skills. She is finally demoted today to a less important position after only one year on her job.

Liberals still have not learned their lessons, being born in an exotic place as a "refugee" or being a Muslim or a female or young is not necessary to make you a much better cabinet minister!
Gotta give you a +1 for that post.

canadasucks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Really feel disappointed for the new appointment, got a feeling that Hussen may be even worse than Mccallum. Mccallum left with mess not achievement. He only used his position as a jumping point for a happy retirement life aboard. Hussen has little experiences for such an important cabinet minister role. I can imagine he will do nothing except just beautiful talking.

Start to miss Chris Alexander and Jason Kenney, at least for their execution of action for their own promises.

spiritsoul

Jan 9, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-05-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Request
25-11-2012
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-06-2013
links18 said:
Mostly speaking, that's the true fact :-X

spiritsoul

Jan 9, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-05-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Request
25-11-2012
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-06-2013
canadasucks said:
Really feel disappointed for the new appointment, got a feeling that Hussen may be even worse than Mccallum. Mccallum left with mess not achievement. He only used his position as a jumping point for a happy retirement life aboard. Hussen has little experiences for such an important cabinet minister role. I can imagine he will do nothing except just beautiful talking.

Start to miss Chris Alexander and Jason Kenney, at least for their execution of action for their own promises.
Well, although I share some gut feelings with yours, Hussen is a lawyer which should be doing better than an economist (McCallum).

Missing those two; Kenny and the defeated Alexander will never be regretted, Yes they made actions than talks but many of these actions were ill-intended towards immigrants.