+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New CIC Minister

canadasucks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spiritsoul said:
Well, although I share some gut feelings with yours, Hussen is a lawyer which should be doing better than an economist (McCallum).
Lawyer? The most hated and untrusted profession? Like Barack Obama or Hilary Clinton? That's why I think Hussein will be very good at beautiful talking but no action. Even McCallum who is such senior politician and has rich experiences and connections cannot get a simple bill to pass, what can we expect from a new kid?

bbssmm88

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
canadasucks said:
I got a feeling that Ahmed Hussen could be another Maryam Monsef. They are very similar. They were both promoted not because of their experiences and skills, but for Liberals own political correctness. They were both highly praised by Liberals for being the "first Afghan/Somali born" and "refugee" and "youngest". Then it turned out Maryam Monsef was not Afghan born and was not a true refugee. Her young age also proved to be lack of experiences and skills. She is finally demoted today to a less important position after only one year on her job.

Liberals still have not learned their lessons, being born in an exotic place as a "refugee" or being a Muslim or a female or young is not necessary to make you a much better cabinet minister!
I totally agree, it is unfair (to other qualified persons) to appoint someone in a sensitive/high position just to prove diversity; however, we cannot judge Hussein so early.

simoncanada

Dec 3, 2015
It can be a tactical secret thinking of Justin T

People can thinking O my god his parents are from Somalia so he would be too good and soft for immigrants or immigration

But new immigration minister can think o if I become so soft for immigration then media will focus as because his parents from Somalia and I m Muslim that's why .

To avoid this and to show his sincerely he will be so hard for immigration

This is my thinking.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
simoncanada said:
It can be a tactical secret thinking of Justin T

People can thinking O my god his parents are from Somalia so he would be too good and soft for immigrants or immigration

But new immigration minister can think o if I become so soft for immigration then media will focus as because his parents from Somalia and I m Muslim that's why .

To avoid this and to show his sincerely he will be so hard for immigration

This is my thinking.
Judging from some immigrants in this forum, immigrants from 3rd world countries are usually the harshest toward immigrants, no hope that anything will be easier

skekk

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadasucks said:
Lawyer? The most hated and untrusted profession? Like Barack Obama or Hilary Clinton? That's why I think Hussein will be very good at beautiful talking but no action. Even McCallum who is such senior politician and has rich experiences and connections cannot get a simple bill to pass, what can we expect from a new kid?
Unfortunately I agree with you... We need experienced ministers, but not the role models like "young woman" , "former refugee himself" etc.

ht7

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bbssmm88 said:
I totally agree, it is unfair (to other qualified persons) to appoint someone in a sensitive/high position just to prove diversity; however, we cannot judge Hussein so early.
Welcome to the internet, where its obvious that by default, the most qualified person is an old straight white male and everyone else has a job only because of 'diversity' reasons.

canadasucks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It appears that the new Minister is so lazy, 2 weeks into his job, has not heard anything from him, either by any form of appearance or statement. Looks he still has not change his MP mode (which is still in holiday mode) to the cabinet minister mode (which is no longer in holiday).

samirmdn

Oct 9, 2016
It's an extremely bold move by Trudeau to appoint a minister who is a Muslim refugee from Africa, given that our neighbours just elected a candidate whose platform was based on anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim and white supremacist sentiments!

I find it somewhat disappointing reading many of the comments here, since in a way Ahmed Hussen represents most of us in this forum (immigrants, refugees, minorities), yet we are quick to draw upon the negatives. Many immigrants, especially those who were educated professionals in their country of origin, complain about employers not hiring workers because of "lack of Canadian experience". Now here is a person who came to Canada aged 16, worked at a gas station to put himself through school, was actively involved as a community worker, became a lawyer and worked his way to becoming an MP and a minister. For those of us who think he is not experienced enough, have we not at some point in our lives in Canada wished that prospective employers take a chance on us, just like Trudeau thought of promoting Hussen above more experienced politicians?

I say give the man a chance to prove his worth. Rather than focusing on inexperience and whatever reasons Trudeau might have to appoint Hussen to this post, I wish him all the best and hope he does a wonderful job in his new portfolio.

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
samirmdn said:
It's an extremely bold move by Trudeau to appoint a minister who is a Muslim refugee from Africa, given that our neighbours just elected a candidate whose platform was based on anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim and white supremacist sentiments!

I find it somewhat disappointing reading many of the comments here, since in a way Ahmed Hussen represents most of us in this forum (immigrants, refugees, minorities), yet we are quick to draw upon the negatives.
Just a clarification request- an black immigrant who is a Christian is considered a minority or majority? I am trying to understand the classification of minority and majority

canadasucks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samirmdn said:
It's an extremely bold move by Trudeau to appoint a minister who is a Muslim refugee from Africa, given that our neighbours just elected a candidate whose platform was based on anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim and white supremacist
Basically Trudeau and Trump are the same, they all focus too much on people's race and religion and ignore people's quality, One chooses people only because of race and religion not quality, the other one rejects people only because of race and religion not quality.

Actually we would never care about Hussen's background, his background has neither advantage nor disadvantage for his job. We only care about if a Minister has quality and ability to do his job.

But the sad thing is, if you search all media coverage about Hussen in last 2 weeks, you won't find anything related to his new job, even he has not done anything, but at least what he has said, what's his thoughts or plans on the new job like any other new government officials. Instead you will find countless articles repeating the same story about his background over and over again which we really don't care about. Trudeau wants the public to see the fact that he appointed another so call "minority" in cabinet. But we all want to see what a new Minister can do to fix the broken immigration system of this country.

The most ridiculous thing is, even in CIC official newsroom, you won't see any news about his appointment and statements from him after already 2 weeks. This has never happened in the past. It looks like the whole CIC stopped functioning since John Mccallum left.