+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New CEC - Jan 2013 Applications

Manjot Singh 08

Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do we have to tell CIC that we have completed medical test???? The doctor gave me a confirmation of test completion. Thanks

eds1275

Champion Member
Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2013
AOR Received.
17-02-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
17-02-2013
Med's Request
04-11-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2013 (received on 17-12-2013)
LANDED..........
19-12-2013 (Peace Bridge, Fort Erie)
Congrats !!

optimus said:
Friends, I got PPR yesterday late night. One doubt, If I am sending the passport by Expresspost do I need to send it to the address mentioned for Canada post or to the Courier address?

All the best to the guyz who are waiting for PPR. IMO CIC working hard to meet the 13month timeline for all applicants...
My timelines updated..

Thanks

vyasd

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-03-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP score submitted with application
Med's Request
20-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-12-2013
LANDED..........
30-12-2013
green_dc said:
Hi Viyasd,

You might know as you have received passport request. How many days do they give you to submit your passport to them? 30 days?
The reason that im asking is that I am going on vacation soon and wont come back until mid-january. And its highly likely that i receive passport request before christmas while im away on holiday.

Thanks
Hi green_dc,
I think you will be fine. That's what it says at the end of the email
"The requested information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application"

green_dc

Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-03-2013
vyasd said:
Hi green_dc,
I think you will be fine. That's what it says at the end of the email
"The requested information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application"
Thanks for your quick response. Thats good then that they give 60 days. I will be fine.

ceeram

Star Member
Sep 11, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2013
Doc's Request.
18-11-2013
AOR Received.
06-03-2013
Med's Request
02-12-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-2013
LANDED..........
13-01-2014
Did you find out green when was your medicals uploaded from the doctor then we can anticipate when we could expect the PPR request.

Zaram, I called Dr. Lyndon and this time the secretary was very co-operative and let me know when my results were uploaded . She also said there was nothing wrong with our medical results except for the XRay since it is sent directly to the CIC. May be you can give it a try.

Hope PPR shows up soon and then it will be like a christmas present :).

green_dc

Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-03-2013
ceeram said:
Did you find out green when was your medicals uploaded from the doctor then we can anticipate when we could expect the PPR request.

Zaram, I called Dr. Lyndon and this time the secretary was very co-operative and let me know when my results were uploaded . She also said there was nothing wrong with our medical results except for the XRay since it is sent directly to the CIC. May be you can give it a try.

Ceraam, thanks for asking about that. The secretary told me that she can see that my all results are in. I did my bloodwork in a different place.But she said she can't tell me whether it has been uploaded or not. Its really annoying that they can't give me that information. So no clue as to whether it has been sent to CIC or not. Just hoping it has already. I am meantime checking the status on CIC.

JA0424

Nov 4, 2013
eds1275 said:
Congrats to everyone who got updates from Ottawa! There seems to one pattern with updates - most people get them in batches. There is some pause in between these batches and some isolated updates once in a while.

Nobody seems to know what to expect during the holiday weeks - I guess we just need to wait and see what happens. I hope most of us get some sort of closure (Visa&CoPR/PPR/MR&RPRF) before holidays so that we can enjoy the vacation with peace of mind :)
Hi Eds1275 and others. Thanks for your insightful info and updates. Hoping you can help me here with my question.
Status/
Current Status in Canada: Employed on Closed WP (valid till Sept 2014)
PR Application Type: CEC (filed by my company lawyer from within Ontario)
Filing Date: 7th Jan 2013
AOR Date: 8th March 2013
NOC Code: 0213
RCMP request received on: 18th Nov 2013
RCMP and Indian PCC Reports were sent on: 29th Nov 2013
Request for Medical received on: 2nd Dec 2013
Medical exam: 12th Dec 2013 at an e-Medical enabled doctor in Toronto.
ECAS Status: "In Process". Not sure when was this changed, bust must have been fairly recent (days)

Q1: While I am already in Canada (Toronto & working), do I still get the PP request for visa stamping? Or I am visa exempt? If so, what do I get next (assuming Medical gets cleared)?
Q2. What's RPRF and Biodata request? I have seen it mentioned a number of times on this forum but never knew what that is and who does it apply to.
Q3. My spouse's PP is expiring on 27th Jan 2014 (so is her visitor permit - worker dependent). Now that medicals are done today, I am going to renew her PP, which could take 3-4 weeks get the new one. Wondering if I still bother to get her visitor permit extended to match my work-permit expiry date (Sept 2014)

Appreciate your expert advise. Thanks very much!

HY325

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
20-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2014
LANDED..........
18-01-2014
JA0424 said:
Hi Eds1275 and others. Thanks for your insightful info and updates. Hoping you can help me here with my question.
Status/
Current Status in Canada: Employed on Closed WP (valid till Sept 2014)
PR Application Type: CEC (filed by my company lawyer from within Ontario)
Filing Date: 7th Jan 2013
AOR Date: 8th March 2013
NOC Code: 0213
RCMP request received on: 18th Nov 2013
RCMP and Indian PCC Reports were sent on: 29th Nov 2013
Request for Medical received on: 2nd Dec 2013
Medical exam: 12th Dec 2013 at an e-Medical enabled doctor in Toronto.
ECAS Status: "In Process". Not sure when was this changed, bust must have been fairly recent (days)

Q1: While I am already in Canada (Toronto & working), do I still get the PP request for visa stamping? Or I am visa exempt? If so, what do I get next (assuming Medical gets cleared)?
Q2. What's RPRF and Biodata request? I have seen it mentioned a number of times on this forum but never knew what that is and who does it apply to.
Q3. My spouse's PP is expiring on 27th Jan 2014 (so is her visitor permit - worker dependent). Now that medicals are done today, I am going to renew her PP, which could take 3-4 weeks get the new one. Wondering if I still bother to get her visitor permit extended to match my work-permit expiry date (Sept 2014)

Appreciate your expert advise. Thanks very much!
1. yes. unless you are from a visa exempt country (which i dont think you are considering your wife had to get her visitors visa), you still need to send your passport in
2. i believe it stands for Right of Permanent Resident Fee and they usually come in one email
3. you should renew her passport ASAP since you are going to have to send her passport with yours
and yo should extend her visitors permit but that can only happen "after" you renew her passport
so really the first thing you should do is to renew her passport

JA0424

Nov 4, 2013
HY325 said:
1. yes. unless you are from a visa exempt country (which i dont think you are considering your wife had to get her visitors visa), you still need to send your passport in
2. i believe it stands for Right of Permanent Resident Fee and they usually come in one email
3. you should renew her passport ASAP since you are going to have to send her passport with yours
and yo should extend her visitors permit but that can only happen "after" you renew her passport
so really the first thing you should do is to renew her passport
Got it. Very clear and helpful.Thank you!

I'll now get my wife's PP renewed asap!
I spoke with my immigration attorney (legal rep) and she said my rprf was already paid and I need not worry about it. Whatever i means, it appears I am covered there.

Thanks again!

zaraM

Star Member
Dec 22, 2012
ceeram said:

Hi Ceeram,

Thanks for the info, I will trying calling them tomorrow.

2much2eat

Nov 20, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
27-Feb-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
30-Dec-2013
Hi there

So I was going through the worksheet for January 2013 status, and I see that out of 62 ppl only 9 ppl havent got anything after their AOR, and I am one of them
these other 8 ppl, are you guys ok ? because I have already started my panic attack here ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yamahar1

Mar 12, 2013
2much2eat said:
Hi there

So I was going through the worksheet for January 2013 status, and I see that out of 62 ppl only 9 ppl havent got anything after their AOR, and I am one of them
these other 8 ppl, are you guys ok ? because I have already started my panic attack here ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
count me also...i m jan 14th applicant..nothing after aor...and loosing patience day by day

acdcJan13

Sep 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2013
AOR Received.
26-02-2013
Med's Request
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi There,

Finished my medical on 9th December and ECAS status changed to In process. Can someone please update the spreadsheet.

Thanks

can123

Dec 26, 2010
Hi there,

Can someone update my status on the spreadsheet? I just received my medical checkup request from CIC on dec12th. Thank you very much. How likely that I will get a permanent residence after medical checkup?

HY325

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
20-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2014
LANDED..........
18-01-2014
updated

congrats! another 14th applicant :)
hope the rest of january applicants hear back from cic

Yamahar1, i hope you get a good news by the end of this week!!!