+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New CEC - Jan 2013 Applications

shad86

Star Member
Oct 20, 2012
Finally I got my PPR yesterday, I think I'm the last one of all of us . I'll post my timeline , although I don't remember the exact dates so I'm just writing the months.

Category........: CEC
Visa Office......: CPP-O
App. Filed.......: Jan.
App. Rec'd .....: Jan 2013 (as per ECAS)
IELTS Request: sent with application
Med's Request: Medical Request Nov
Med's Done....: Nov
Passport Req..: January 14, 2015

In all the process there was a problem with my police check clearance, I had to send it twice. Probably that's why it got delayed for almost a year.

thanks to everyone here, probably it's me who is gonna close this thread. If not, hope everyone get their PPR soon, and hang on it's not over until it's over.

Cheers and congrats January 2013 applicants.

freakonaleash

Feb 18, 2014
I got a request for new police certificate from the a**holes at CIC today.
I submitted one with my application. Real a**holes I tell you.
Makes me not want to go to Canada now.

Leeeeeo

Dec 31, 2014
Would you mind telling me when you received CIC request of police certificate, and why you think you had to submit it twice? The process of my application has been delayed without no red flag in GCMS notes, and I suspect it has to do with one of my PCCs (it was a bit old -- more than 3 months old at the time of submission). Your experience would be of great help. Thanks.

shad86 said:
Finally I got my PPR yesterday, I think I'm the last one of all of us . I'll post my timeline , although I don't remember the exact dates so I'm just writing the months.

Category........: CEC
Visa Office......: CPP-O
App. Filed.......: Jan.
App. Rec'd .....: Jan 2013 (as per ECAS)
IELTS Request: sent with application
Med's Request: Medical Request Nov
Med's Done....: Nov
Passport Req..: January 14, 2015

In all the process there was a problem with my police check clearance, I had to send it twice. Probably that's why it got delayed for almost a year.

thanks to everyone here, probably it's me who is gonna close this thread. If not, hope everyone get their PPR soon, and hang on it's not over until it's over.

Cheers and congrats January 2013 applicants.

shad86

Star Member
Oct 20, 2012
Leeeeeo said:
Would you mind telling me when you received CIC request of police certificate, and why you think you had to submit it twice? The process of my application has been delayed without no red flag in GCMS notes, and I suspect it has to do with one of my PCCs (it was a bit old -- more than 3 months old at the time of submission). Your experience would be of great help. Thanks.
the first time i send it was around February 2014 and they said the same thing that the document was expired ('cus it was only good for 2 months) but the true was that I send it on time the problem is the CIC officer checked my documents 3 months later so obviously it was expired by that time he saw it. They requested me to do it again, so in April or May i send it again and from that time until now I hear from them again.

So in conclusion, the request of my police check again delayed my process for almost a year. It was a pain but in the end I got what I wanted. Hope it can help you, if you are in a similar situation hang in there and my best wishes.

kapitan

Nov 18, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
03-03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
03-03-2015
Med's Done....
17-03-2015
Passport Req..
24-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-06-2015
Hello guys, I applied in Jan 2013 and they received my application on February 3rd, 2013. No news since then. Is it possible in your opinion? I applied for CEC after I had worked in Quebec for two years, then left the country as I did not want to reside in Quebec anymore.
Is there anything I can do? I am planning to apply for my Common-law partner as well after an year has passed. Is it worth it given the circumstances?

EDIT: OOOOPS sorry!! I was convinced it was 2013 ;) I apologise.

Hichaman

Mar 12, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
2**2
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2014
AOR Received.
03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
03-2014
Med's Request
04-2015
Med's Done....
04-2015
Interview........
Waived Alhamdolilah
Passport Req..
06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-2015
LANDED..........
08-2015 :)
kapitan said:
Hello guys, I applied in Jan 2013 and they received my application on February 3rd, 2013. No news since then. Is it possible in your opinion? I applied for CEC after I had worked in Quebec for two years, then left the country as I did not want to reside in Quebec anymore.
Is there anything I can do? I am planning to apply for my Common-law partner as well after an year has passed. Is it worth it given the circumstances?
u mean JAN 14 not Jan 13

kapitan

Nov 18, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014