+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Born Info.Update (Non-accompanying Dependent Listed on COPR)

mtlexplorer

Jun 6, 2016
Jubail, Saudi Arabia
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-10-2011
Doc's Request.
04-04-2015
Nomination.....
08-02-2016
AOR Received.
08-02-2016
IELTS Request
Waivered
File Transfer...
25-05-2016
Med's Request
04-12-2016
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
04-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
29-09-2017
I am a Permanent Resident (currently outside Canada, having PR Card) , and I have 2 dependents listed on my COPR as Non-Accompanying. CIC has assigned each of them UCI Nos.(.i.e., I am yet to sponsor them)

If I have a new born child (.i.e, I am yet to sponsor my current 2 dependents ). Do I have to update CIC
of My Newborn child's details to allow them to update my Child on my COPR and assign the baby a UCI No

If yes, what is the process of updating this information. Is it through a Webform? or anyother process.

Kind Regards,

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
If you have already landed and granted PR in Canada and then moved out of Canada....you don't need to add your new born to your PR.

If you have not landed as PR, then you could inform IRCC to add your new born to your COPR before you land as PR.

Last edited:

mrs_december

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-05-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
File Transfer...
26-06-2018
Med's Request
18-06-2018
Med's Done....
06-07-2018
Passport Req..
22-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-09-2018
If you are a landed PR, then you don't do anything. CIC doesn't need a record of your child until you want to sponsor them--a UCI number is just a way that CIC uses to identify people in the system. You won't need to add anything to your records. As long as the newborn's date of birth is after your landing date, then the only thing you need to do is make sure to include that child along with your two others on any application to sponsor you desire in the future, and the child would be issued a UCI at that point. However, do be aware that if the child was born before you landed, but you did not declare them at that time, then that child would be excluded from any future sponsorship by you under the family stream. I hope this helps to clarify.

saabg

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Hi everyone… need help as bit confused….
I have been blessed with boy in jan 2022 when i was waiting for passport request mail.
I have informed IRCC about my new born son in first week of feb 2022 along with birth certificate But no reply from ircc till today.
I got my COPR in march 2022 for me only(as main application with my wife and my daughter( both non accompanying) name under dependent list but my son name has not been written on that.
can ifly to canada with my current copr? As i have already informed about my new child to ircc through web form
Or what yo to do instead?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi everyone… need help as bit confused….
I have been blessed with boy in jan 2022 when i was waiting for passport request mail.
I have informed IRCC about my new born son in first week of feb 2022 along with birth certificate But no reply from ircc till today.
I got my COPR in march 2022 for me only(as main application with my wife and my daughter( both non accompanying) name under dependent list but my son name has not been written on that.
can ifly to canada with my current copr? As i have already informed about my new child to ircc through web form
Or what yo to do instead?
This is not a family sponsorship application, wrong part of the forum.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
This is not a family sponsorship application, wrong part of the forum.
I have given him some answers (not everything because he never replied what immigration route he applied via) and telling him that he cannot land with the current COPR. But he replied as his agent said since they have submitted the info to IRCC, the "ball is not in their court" and they can go ahead and land without the new born.

I think he may have applied via EE or PNP (not sure on those since I didn't look into economic streams)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have given him some answers (not everything because he never replied what immigration route he applied via) and telling him that he cannot land with the current COPR. But he replied as his agent said since they have submitted the info to IRCC, the "ball is not in their court" and they can go ahead and land without the new born.

I think he may have applied via EE or PNP (not sure on those since I didn't look into economic streams)
If he wants to post the same question in dozens of threads and sub-forums, ignore the responses, not provide info when requested, and THEN trust some agent - well, good luck.