+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

new baby born for international student in Memorial University of Newfoundland

umarz

Jul 26, 2013
Hi all. I am about to arrive in St. John's as an international student. I am also taking my wife with me. I want to know that if my wife gets pragnant and deliver a baby then what are the costs associated with this matter throughout whole pragnancy period and at the time of delivery? And does MUN assists in financial matters for the maternity issues of spouse of an international student. I want an idea of total cost that i have to pay in this situation and how much my university's Medical Care Plan or healt insurance will cover it. Thank you

msaidtopkaya

Jun 19, 2017
Hi all. I am about to arrive in St. John's as an international student. I am also taking my wife with me. I want to know that if my wife gets pragnant and deliver a baby then what are the costs associated with this matter throughout whole pragnancy period and at the time of delivery? And does MUN assists in financial matters for the maternity issues of spouse of an international student. I want an idea of total cost that i have to pay in this situation and how much my university's Medical Care Plan or healt insurance will cover it. Thank you
Hi umarz,
Do you know anything about Health insurance, family coverage plan.
I will be in Mun next month.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi umarz,
Do you know anything about Health insurance, family coverage plan.
I will be in Mun next month.
You realise this person has not been seen here since 2013 so a remote chance they will answer . May get an answer by posting in the health section or international student. Maybe also contact the university directly given insurance is often part of the program package whether covers spouse pregnancy you would need to check with them and even if this poster answers 5 years have gone by so any coverage is probably different now.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you are planning a pregnancy I would wait until your wife has healthcare. You can end up with a 1 million dollar bill like an Australian couple.