+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New application - what docs need refreshing?

Michal

Jun 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
Never
Med's Done....
July 2015
Passport Req..
04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2015
Hi there,

my application was cancelled two months ago 3 days after it was submitted. My file says it was rejected in error. I filed CSE and received an e-mail saying CIC will be reopening my case. It's been two months and no change in status. Fees were not returned (2k CAD). I received a new ITA in the meantime. I am a bit fed up with waiting for CIC to open my case, so I am now getting ready to submit my second app (and pay fees again).
So now the question is - can I reuse the docs I had prepared for my last application in August? Please correct me if I am wrong here:
- PC is valid for 3 months, so as it's been 2 months only, I can still reuse it. Correct?
- POF - this should cover 6 months prior to app submission. So I would need a new one. Correct?
- Medical - submitted to CIC by physician on July 31st. Good or should I do it again?

Anything else?

Thanks!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michal said:
Hi there,

my application was cancelled two months ago 3 days after it was submitted. My file says it was rejected in error. I filed CSE and received an e-mail saying CIC will be reopening my case. It's been two months and no change in status. Fees were not returned (2k CAD). I received a new ITA in the meantime. I am a bit fed up with waiting for CIC to open my case, so I am now getting ready to submit my second app (and pay fees again).
So now the question is - can I reuse the docs I had prepared for my last application in August? Please correct me if I am wrong here:
- PC is valid for 3 months, so as it's been 2 months only, I can still reuse it. Correct?

Valid for 6 months for your current country of residence. If this was issued on May 1, valid till Nov 1.

- POF - this should cover 6 months prior to app submission. So I would need a new one. Correct?

Yes. You'll need a more recently dated letter from the bank. Count back 6 months from the date you're submitting your application. A fortnight here or there wouldn't matter.

- Medical - submitted to CIC by physician on July 31st. Good or should I do it again?

Depends on when it was done. It is valid for 1 year from that date. And it must not be more than 6 months old when you submit your application. If your medicals was done on 18th April, you can't reuse it now.

Anything else?

Answer Yes to statutory question of being refused and denied entry. Provide reference number of older profile. Be very very methodical this time around, double check everything and then get a friend to verify everything on your application -helps to have another pair of eyes look at it once. All the best!

Thanks!

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michal said:
Hi there,

Anything else?

Thanks!
In case if you decide to move forward with the newer ITA, then see below:
PCC is valid for 6 months for the place of your residence. So, you should be good.
See below: For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

POF - You would have already got a letter from your bank/financial institution. Attached more recent copies of you statements with the earlier sent docs in this category.

Medical - should be valid and hence not necessary as long as you submit your app at the earliest.

Michal

Jun 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
Never
Med's Done....
July 2015
Passport Req..
04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2015
Thanks. I was very methodical the last time. I took me 4 hours to upload and check everything, yet, as CIC Call Center put it, somebody clicked the wrong button.
My PC was done in July, same with Medical (28th of July). So it looks like I would only need to redo the POF. For the statutory questions, I have to answer refused and denied anyway as I was denied visitor visa to the US once. And obviously I will need to answer yes for the "have you applied" before question.

They sent me a message saying, "we will be reopening your application", but that was almost a month ago. I am now left with 30 more days to submit app under the new ITA. What do you suggest? Wait or reapply now? I feel like I lost 2 months as my app is frozen.

Richie....

Apr 15, 2015
Hi Michal,

Guys above have given you right advice for the procedure of applying again.
However, my personal view is you should be patient as they have already opened your old application and not go through the hassle of applying all over again.
But, I would confirm that once more by calling CIC or Submitting CSE.

Cheers!
Richie

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michal said:
Thanks. I was very methodical the last time. I took me 4 hours to upload and check everything, yet, as CIC Call Center put it, somebody clicked the wrong button.
My PC was done in July, same with Medical (28th of July). So it looks like I would only need to redo the POF. For the statutory questions, I have to answer refused and denied anyway as I was denied visitor visa to the US once. And obviously I will need to answer yes for the "have you applied" before question.

They sent me a message saying, "we will be reopening your application", but that was almost a month ago. I am now left with 30 more days to submit app under the new ITA. What do you suggest? Wait or reapply now? I feel like I lost 2 months as my app is frozen.
Wait it out for another 3-4 weeks. Submit on the 58/59th day, if needed.

Michal

Jun 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
Never
Med's Done....
July 2015
Passport Req..
04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2015
Richie.... said:
Hi Michal,

Guys above have given you right advice for the procedure of applying again.
However, my personal view is you should be patient as they have already opened your old application and not go through the hassle of applying all over again.
But, I would confirm that once more by calling CIC or Submitting CSE.

Cheers!
Richie
They have NOT reopened my application. They just said they will. Calling CIC makes no sense - these guys know literally nothing and are not helpful at all. CSE? I sent 4 of them. They replied to two of them after a month and did not reply to the other two at all.