Jan 2, 2011
Visa Office......
London uk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
I'm new to this, and need help!!
I'm from England and am due to marry my fiance in april and then we will apply for residency for Canada. He is a Canadian citizen.
What I would like to know is...

How long before I send off the forms should I have my medical?
And does anybody know approximately how much it costs for a medical?

Another question is in the form IMM1344EA the first form for the sponsor on the list, in section B it talks of a co-signer. I may be being stupid but what is this???

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it!! I'm so lost and stressed already

Thanks

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Welcome cobra,

You can send your receipts from your medical with your application, the medical generally lasts 1-2 years depending on CIC timeline, if your 1st medicals expire you will be requested to re do another medical.

Meds can cost anything from $180-300, depending on where you live, don't forget to use a DMP doctor.

IMM1344EA CO SIGNER is the person being sponsered (Spouse)

It is all very confusing , were all here to help each other .

Good luck.

nylalisa

Jan 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
Doc's Request.
31-01-2011 (additional doc request)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
06-01-2011
Med's Request
30-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-10-2010
Interview........
30-03-2011 (Passed and approved same day)
Passport Req..
01-25-2011
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2011 (Received 09-04-2011)
LANDED..........
13-04-2011
Just a correction, your co signer is not your spouse that you are sponsoring. It is a spouse (not the one your are sponsoring) in the case of other family member sponsorship (ie parents).

If you are sponsoring your new spouse leave this co-signer area blank.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Nylalisa is correct - co-signers are not applicable to spousal sponsorships. So that part is left blank.

Your medical exam will be valid for one year - and, if you are approved for PR during that year, the expiration date on your Confirmation of Permanent Residence will be the one year anniversary of the medical. You will have to "land" in Canada before that date. So, the closer you do the medical to the date that you're going to submit the application, the more time you give yourself on the other end and the less chance you will have to redo another medical in order to get things finalized.

How much it costs to do the medical depends on the DMP doing it. They pretty much set their own prices, depending on the area. You should find the DMPs in your area and make some calls to find out how much they cost.

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Thanks guys for correcting me , sorry for giving wrong information :'( I guess I filled that part in hoping for the best lol .once again sorry !

cobra

Star Member
Jan 2, 2011
Visa Office......
London uk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
Thanks everyone thats been a great help!
its so stressful and I havent even filled out any forms yet!!

S

serenifly

cobra said:
Thanks everyone thats been a great help!
its so stressful and I havent even filled out any forms yet!!
Get started! lol took me and hubby 3 months to gather everything required for the application. Brutal process, seriously took three months and was the size of the telephone book by the time we sent it in : )

cobra

Star Member
Jan 2, 2011
Visa Office......
London uk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
well we marry in 3 months so we plan to use this time to try and put most of it together. :)

cobra

Star Member
Jan 2, 2011
Visa Office......
London uk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
Another thing, I plan on sending my application in april/may time and then travelling to canada for a few months on a visitor visa in july time, I have seen on here that you need to send your passport if you get approved? would this cause a problem? would it be best if I stayed in england until I knew whether my application has been successful. and when you send your passport in, how long do they keep it for on average?

Thankyou!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
cobra said:
Another thing, I plan on sending my application in april/may time and then travelling to canada for a few months on a visitor visa in july time, I have seen on here that you need to send your passport if you get approved? would this cause a problem? would it be best if I stayed in england until I knew whether my application has been successful. and when you send your passport in, how long do they keep it for on average?
London doesn't request the passport until you have been approved, which will take a while, so you should have no problems traveling to Canada in July and staying for a few months. Make sure someone can get your mail in case the High Commission or CIC contacts you. If they request the passport while you are in Canada, change your flight, go back, and send it in.

KSCM

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
serenifly said:
Get started! lol took me and hubby 3 months to gather everything required for the application. Brutal process, seriously took three months and was the size of the telephone book by the time we sent it in : )
really putting together the PR application took 3 months.. OMG i better get started.. what information is needed?

nylalisa

Jan 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
Doc's Request.
31-01-2011 (additional doc request)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
06-01-2011
Med's Request
30-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-10-2010
Interview........
30-03-2011 (Passed and approved same day)
Passport Req..
01-25-2011
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2011 (Received 09-04-2011)
LANDED..........
13-04-2011
Yes, mine took 3 months as well, actually I was short by 2 days to reaching the 3 months mark. Super long process...

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
KSCM said:
really putting together the PR application took 3 months.. OMG i better get started.. what information is needed?
Getting the police certificates can sometimes take quite a while. Gathering evidence of a genuine relationship can also take some time.

KSCM

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadianwoman said:
Getting the police certificates can sometimes take quite a while. Gathering evidence of a genuine relationship can also take some time.
What evidence did you submit.. right now I have Skype calls and I plan on going to visit him in April and take lots of pictures.. what else should I include?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
KSCM said:
What evidence did you submit.. right now I have Skype calls and I plan on going to visit him in April and take lots of pictures.. what else should I include?
There is a lot of evidence that you can submit. Here are some examples; of course not everything will be relevant to every relationship.
1. Evidence of communication: Skype logs, phone bills, emails, instant messages, letters, cards, etc.
2. Evidence of travel taken to see each other, or of trips taken together: plane tickets; boarding passes; visas, entry and exit passes in your passport; hotel and restaurant receipts; receipts for activities done together; photos.
3. Financial evidence: joint bank accounts and credit cards, joint leases or mortgages, each other named as beneficiaries on life insurance/wills/health insurance, etc.
4. Evidence that both of your families know about the relationship and approve of it (if possible); for example, I included evidence that my husband had called my sister several times.
5. Letters of support: friends and family members can write a letter stating that they have seen the two of you together and believe that the relationship is a genuine one. These can be letters, affidavits, or emails.
6. Wedding proof: receipts for the rings, the wedding dress, the wedding hall, the caterer, the guest list, a copy of the invitation, a list of gifts received, and photos. Similar evidence of the honeymoon, as well.
7. Gifts: show receipts for and photos of any gifts you have given each other, or that others have given you.
8. Photos: get photos covering the length of your relationship; photos of both of you with each other's family and friends; and try to get at least some candid shots that do not look posed - the two of you in the background at a party, laughing and looking happy, for eg.