+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Never Ever Give Up - Got student visa even after 24 backlogs, without Ielts, field change

radhika98

Star Member
May 3, 2017
CONGRATULATION!!!
I would like to do a master program in a professional course like business entrepreneurship and technology. I have a Bachelors degree and masters degree in environmental biology, 16years ago. I have been self employed all these years, have my own registered business/enterprise and this is what has informed my choice to pursue this professional masters program. what do you think are my chances of getting a study VISA ? I know that I do not need an IELTS, what do I need to include as a proof of my english proficiency when making the application for a study Visa .

Regards.
Business entrepreneurship and technology is the perfect choice. Create a strong SOP and visa file with all the details regarding your business and gap. You will need to give IELTS only if the university has not waived off those requirements for you. Just make sure about it with your agent as I am not an expert. Good luck with your application.

Reactions: oboto

Rajan1996

Nov 13, 2017
Ahmedabad
As you replied me you have 24 backlog. but i have 40 so can I go for only transcript ? Can I hide my all mark sheet and behalf of this
I want to put only transcript in sop so is that right
transcript shows only 20 backlog ??

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
Guys,

I got a very unique case. Hope anybody can help. My friend from India applied for XXXXXX clg in BC for May Intake.

Approved and got visa stamped until 2020. Came to Canada in May. Didn't felt better.(call it homesickness or the place he was living at but he didn't wanted to saty there at all).

Left BC and started living in Toronto just after attending the first semester(tbh that wasn't a semester - his clg was to officially start in Sep - basically he just attended few classes) in hope that he might get another clg in Toronto.

Came to Toronto in Sep. Haven't got any offer letter from any clg until now.
Still waiting.

So, he is thinking of leaving Canada in Dec and apply for clg from India for May intake.

Therefore, the question is, Since he got study permit visa until 2020, would he face any problem in applying for another clg from India.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Feb 8, 2017
i have completed my B.tech(CSE) in 2017 with 58% and my Ielts score is band 7...
i had 6 backlogs and all cleared within the course period . I got myoffer letter from northern lights college, BC..
How are the chances of my visa and any suggestions for my SOP ?? plz help

oboto

Jul 3, 2017
Business entrepreneurship and technology is the perfect choice. Create a strong SOP and visa file with all the details regarding your business and gap. You will need to give IELTS only if the university has not waived off those requirements for you. Just make sure about it with your agent as I am not an expert. Good luck with your application.
Thanks for your response.

abrahamp

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Hi Friends,

I had 24 backlogs in my undergrad. I have been visited so many consultants, all said NO for masters degree in the university. But I did not give up. I applied for my visa on 12th Sep 2017 and got approval on 10th Oct 2017.

I had negative point in my profile like,
-24 backlogs in undergrad
-Already studied masters degree
-UK return
-Field change from previous education
-No IELTS

I still focused on my strong points in SOP as follows,
-Not any backlogs in RECENT education of Masters
-Strong ties to home country and property valuation report.
-English language qualification certificate.
-Work experience in the new field I am going to study.
-Financial proof of fund

I read at many reviews that "do not add backlog results in visa file" and "do not explain about backlogs in SOP", BUT I preferred to be like an open book. I showed my each and every backlog mark sheets even though it was looking like a book of results. I clearly explained reason of backlogs, reason of the field change and my future plans.

Do not try to hide anything, just be honest and create strong SOP.

If we listen to people's opinion, might bring us back but our self-confident may take us up. There are many people got visas even with 40 Backlogs.

Please contact me if you have any questions regarding the similar case, I will do my best to guide.

Al the best.
congrats....which university did u apply?

lijo4443

Dec 25, 2017
C
Hi Friends,

I had 24 backlogs in my undergrad. I have been visited so many consultants, all said NO for masters degree in the university. But I did not give up. I applied for my visa on 12th Sep 2017 and got approval on 10th Oct 2017.

-UK return
-No IELTS

-Financial proof of fund

I read at many reviews that "do not add backlog results in visa file" and "do not explain about backlogs in SOP", BUT I preferred to be like an open book. I showed my each and every backlog mark sheets even though it was looking like a book of results. I clearly explained reason of backlogs, reason of the field change and my future plans.

If we listen to people's opinion, might bring us back but our self-confident may take us up. There are many people got visas even with 40 Backlogs.

Please contact me if you have any questions regarding the similar case, I will do my best to guide.

Al the best.
Can u please share your Sop as I am in same situation ....
My email lijo4443@gmail.com

Naa888

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
Hi Friends,

-UK return
-No IELTS

-Financial proof of fund

Al the best.
Hey this my email address abiannan19@gmail.com can u kindly send me yours so I can ask u some questions since I also have similar issue or u can WhatsApp me on +233543464670

Naa888

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
Hi Friends,

-UK return
-No IELTS

-Financial proof of fund

Al the best.
I also have a gap of 5years after high school I didn’t make it to university because my sister was sick and all the money we had was used in her treatment so I worked with an ngo which doesn’t pay but I have a part time job where I teach kids after school .aside that the ngo am working with gave me an amount of cad10000 to put in my personal account and my uncle is my main sponsor for the whole Studies .how Can I explain my situation in an sop and prove that I would return to my country of residence after my Studies and which documents am I supposed to provide in addition to all that

Reactions: Kkhanuja3027

Swapnil_1991

Jan 14, 2018
Hi Friends,

-UK return
-No IELTS

-Financial proof of fund

Al the best.

Hi Radhika,

I am having same academics with 15backlogs. Need your help.

Can you PM me your mail id.

Nujaya

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
sri lanka
would you mind sharing ur sop with me. nuwankajayawardena@yahoo.com.

diggitydish

Dec 20, 2017
What are backlogs?

And

I am applying for the September intake. My background has been in marketing.

I already have -
B.A honours
Postgraduate diploma x2 (one from uk)

Ive applied for to college for a Advanced Diploma (1 year duration) and a Diploma (2 year duration) to Nova scotia community college

Just a little worried about visa rejection. I want to change my career path and move into the hospitality and tourism industry.

Is my profile okay?

Newuser1

Jan 25, 2018
Hi, first of all congratulations!In my undergraduate studies I got poor marks.I already earned a bachelor's degree in political science honours from calcutta university. I am interested to study bachelor's degree in hospitality in Canada.Will that be a problem?if I want to change my field? Will they reject my visa based on my UG studies? I am really curious to know. Most of the agents gave me a negative reply because of my poor marks.It would be better if I start my studies from the beginning in the field of hospitality. Please do reply! What is your opinion? I already applied for centennial for the September intake.
Hi you got visa ???