NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-01-2010
LANDED..........
12-2012
Hello all, is there a non Nepal national that has ever applied for a PCC from outside Nepal? I need to apply for one. I did see in the CIC website to write to Nepal Police in Kathmandu. But, I am not sure how well the response is for such requests. I also tried to reach the Nepal Embassy in DC and they asked me to contact the Indian Embassy in Nepal. When I approached the Indian Embassy in Nepal, they asked me to reach to the local Indian Consulate in Houston who will reach out to the Indian Embassy in Nepal and upon confirmation from Indian Embassy in Nepal, will issue a PCC. I am not sure how would that work because, I believe the Nepal PCC has to be from Nepal government and not the Indian government, right? Please if somebody has already walked this path, please guide me through this process.

Thank you.

saju49

Jan 14, 2013
Hi,
I am encountering the same problem. I am an Indian citizen, currently living in USA. I had lived in Nepal for 1 year in 1999. CIC is asking me to get a PCC from Nepal. I have sent number of emails to Nepal Police Headquarters in Kathmandu but did not receive any response. I tried contacting Nepal embassy in Washington DC but they could not help and asked me to contact Nepal police headquarter. I don't know what exactly to do. Since I am an Indian and we have open boarders with Nepal and does not need any documentation, I do not have any entry or exit stamp on my passport from Nepal. I am trying to convince CIC to consider a waiver but I have not yet heard back from them. I am not sure if they are going to consider it.

I read your post and seems that you had been through the same issue. Would you mind sharing as how did you tackle it.

ktm

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
[b]NDVO[/b]
NOC Code......
[b]2174[/b]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[b]27-05-2013[/b]
Nomination.....
[b]PER: 16-08-2013[/b]
AOR Received.
[b] 25-10-2013[/b]
IELTS Request
Submitted with Document
Med's Request
[b] 06-12-2013[/b]
Med's Done....
[b]15-12-2013[/b]
Passport Req..
[b] 06-12-2013[/b]
VISA ISSUED...
[b] DM: 10-12-2013[/b]
LANDED..........
[b] 19-09-2014[/b]
Did u traveled via Land? If you had traveled via air Nepal immigration must have must have put entry and exit stamps on your passport. Are you sure they did not stamped ur passport for arrival or departure?

See this although content is in Nepali - http://nepalpolice.gov.np/character-verification.html

http://nepalpolice.gov.np/images/documents/character_forms/form_foreigners.doc

you will need to download this form and submit with Rs. 10 Nepali Postage Stamp, verified (Notarized) copy of passport, passport pages having arrival and departure immigration stamp, if you were associated with any organization then letter form that organization stating your presence in Nepal, time and what were u doing in that organization then 3 PP size recent photo (facing straight, with both ear visible). After application and verification from their part they can issue PCC or character verification within 7 days.

but since you are not in Nepal you will have to ask your relative (if any) or organization (u worked or were associated with during ur stay here) to file application along with those documents then it can be delivered to them. and in turn they can send it back to you. applications will have to be filed at Nepal police HQ, crime investigation department, character verification section , Naxal, kathmandu.

hope this helps..

Kalawati

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
AOR Received.
June 2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
27-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
May 31
LANDED..........
August 8 2013
canpr said:
Hello all, is there a non Nepal national that has ever applied for a PCC from outside Nepal? I need to apply for one. I did see in the CIC website to write to Nepal Police in Kathmandu. But, I am not sure how well the response is for such requests. I also tried to reach the Nepal Embassy in DC and they asked me to contact the Indian Embassy in Nepal. When I approached the Indian Embassy in Nepal, they asked me to reach to the local Indian Consulate in Houston who will reach out to the Indian Embassy in Nepal and upon confirmation from Indian Embassy in Nepal, will issue a PCC. I am not sure how would that work because, I believe the Nepal PCC has to be from Nepal government and not the Indian government, right? Please if somebody has already walked this path, please guide me through this process.

Thank you.
Getting PCC from Nepal is very easy if you have relatives or friends in Kathmandu... if so better contact them

Andy007

Oct 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

go through this link

SandhyaT

Oct 2, 2013
If only you have anyone you know here in kathmandu. It is so damn easy to get PCC. Just ask'em to go to Police Headquarter to get it for you.

bikbis

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SandhyaT said:
If only you have anyone you know here in kathmandu. It is so damn easy to get PCC. Just ask'em to go to Police Headquarter to get it for you.
Hi Sandhya,

I have a relative in KTM,

I am here in US right now. In the application form, I think they need my finger print even though one of my relative will visit PCC to collect the report,

however, do I can send the attested and scanned copy of my application along with Passport and Nagarikta or my relative will have to fill up the form in Nepal?

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
bikbis said:
Hi Sandhya,

I have a relative in KTM,

I am here in US right now. In the application form, I think they need my finger print even though one of my relative will visit PCC to collect the report,

however, do I can send the attested and scanned copy of my application along with Passport and Nagarikta or my relative will have to fill up the form in Nepal?
You will need to send your picture, copies of passport, citizenship, and entry/exit stamps in your passport. Everything can be sent by email to your relative who can then fill out the application form, send it to the police headquarter and receive your PCC on your behalf. It is that easy. No forms for you to sign.

bikbis

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Two quick questions guys, Thanks much in advance!!

1. Just received the scan copy of my Police Report from Nepal, will it work or do I need the originals?

2. I letter only states some of my info and no adverse record found against me. Hope this is sufficient, is there a specific letter CIC requires?

om.awasthi.in

Aug 7, 2016
Did u traveled via Land? If you had traveled via air Nepal immigration must have must have put entry and exit stamps on your passport. Are you sure they did not stamped ur passport for arrival or departure?

See this although content is in Nepali - http://nepalpolice.gov.np/character-verification.html

you will need to download this form and submit with Rs. 10 Nepali Postage Stamp, verified (Notarized) copy of passport, passport pages having arrival and departure immigration stamp, if you were associated with any organization then letter form that organization stating your presence in Nepal, time and what were u doing in that organization then 3 PP size recent photo (facing straight, with both ear visible). After application and verification from their part they can issue PCC or character verification within 7 days.

but since you are not in Nepal you will have to ask your relative (if any) or organization (u worked or were associated with during ur stay here) to file application along with those documents then it can be delivered to them. and in turn they can send it back to you. applications will have to be filed at Nepal police HQ, crime investigation department, character verification section , Naxal, kathmandu.

hope this helps..

Dear,

Please let me know if we have gone via road, in that case there are no details on passport. Can you please provide your input in that scenario.

srsatyal

Sep 1, 2018
Hello all,

I am a citizen of Nepal and live in the US right now. I left Nepal on Dec 09 date, but the PCC mentions criminal check until Dec 08, one day before departure date. Nepal PCC did not cover date of departure in the check process. Is this normal? What was your experience with CIC on this matter?

Thank you

Bipul134

Sep 29, 2020
Hello all,

I am a citizen of Nepal and live in the US right now. I left Nepal on Dec 09 date, but the PCC mentions criminal check until Dec 08, one day before departure date. Nepal PCC did not cover date of departure in the check process. Is this normal? What was your experience with CIC on this matter?

Thank you
Hi,
Did you get the answer to this question? I am in the exact situation right now and do not know what to do. Could you please let me know what solution did you get?