+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Negative Co-vid test required as of Jan 07, 2021 to enter Canada.

neuroCanadian

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Ontario
Category........
Other
under two per cent of international travellers brought covid from abroad
Yep, but if it makes middle-aged fearmongering third generation canadians feel safe, let’s make the few people trying to come here jump through impossible hoops. Cause you know, we’re safe here. We don’t need the rest of the world economy. We’ll just huddle together like a hermit state and keep out the dirty virus-infected outsiders who are all trying to invade our land!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
And also under two per cent of international travellers brought covid from abroad
That figure was based on voluntary testing at Pearson which was likely pretty biased. Without actual contact tracing going on in most provinces the percentage is likely higher. If travellers quarantining with non-travellers get infected those infections could also be considered travel related.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yep, but if it makes middle-aged fearmongering third generation canadians feel safe, let’s make the few people trying to come here jump through impossible hoops. Cause you know, we’re safe here. We don’t need the rest of the world economy. We’ll just huddle together like a hermit state and keep out the dirty virus-infected outsiders who are all trying to invade our land!
Canada has pretty lax quarantine rules compared to many countries. Those countries have controlled covid much better. If/when we increase our quarantine rules we will be more in line with others. If you had family members in Roberts LTC and had a family member who was employed there you would probably had a different view today. A staff member was quarantining with an asymptomatic covid patient who went to work and spread It to almost the whole staff and home in a very short period of time. Young people with covid may be at lower risk of dying but reports say that up to a third of covid patients may have longterm side effects some which are life-altering.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Actually, this new rule doesn't change the pilot program in Alberta. I believe there is a still a push to expand that and I expect with the current spike goes down we will see it rolled out to more airports.

When you look at the test positivity rates for that program I think it has been quite successful.
Not with the new variants. The traffic going through the Calgary airport and results are very different than the larger airports (Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal) that see much higher volume and more international traffic.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
oh thanks. maybe i should just not have fallen in love with a mexican then right? ...there's no 'adjustment' to our plans that will speed up the local laboratories there!!

also: why is everyone assuming that people flying to Canada right now haven't already been abroad for months or even years? we've been apart during covid and have precisely been taking this pandemic into account in the planning of every detail of our relationship for the last 11 months! but mandating 1 or 2 year long separations are unethical and rightly illegal in this country; (we're not fascists in canada!) That's why long-term dating couples have an outlet to re-unify, because they are a family.
It will always come down to trying to protect those in Canada first. Whether you can get a pcr test within 72 hours will limit who can enter Canada and some have missed there flight. The people who can’t get a PCR test within 72 hours will also not be able to fly on certain airlines or enter a multitude of other countries. There are Canadian couples in Canada who have not seen each other in the same amount of time as you have been separated from your partner. It’s not unethical it is public health policy trying to protect Canadians and our health system. It is definitely not against the law. Do you realize that the majority of couples sponsoring via outland sponsorship wait 1-2 years to be reunified? Spouses of citizens and PRs are routinely denied TRVs. It’s not illegal. Some are lucky enough to have at least one visit but many do not.

Alwx

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Canada has pretty lax quarantine rules compared to many countries. Those countries have controlled covid much better. If/when we increase our quarantine rules we will be more in line with others. If you had family members in Roberts LTC and had a family member who was employed there you would probably had a different view today. A staff member was quarantining with an asymptomatic covid patient who went to work and spread It to almost the whole staff and home in a very short period of time. Young people with covid may be at lower risk of dying but reports say that up to a third of covid patients may have longterm side effects some which are life-altering.
Actually Canada has one of the strictest travel restrictions. I read somewhere..Why to increase already existing quarantine rules. I went to see my wife in Ukraine past September for several weeks after not seeing each other for six months. When I got back I quarantined in my family's house in separate room with separate kitchen and bathroom.i stayed there for 14 days .Because of jet lag I was trouble sleeping the first few nights and went for an hour walk around my neighborhood at around 3 am. I didn't break quarantine rules by doing that. I didn't come in contact with any person at night time and also no one would call you or show up at your door to check on you during that time. Other than that I stayed inside. But at least I got payed 900 bucks for that quarantine time.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Actually Canada has one of the strictest travel restrictions. I read somewhere..Why to increase already existing quarantine rules. I went to see my wife in Ukraine past September for several weeks after not seeing each other for six months. When I got back I quarantined in my family's house in separate room with separate kitchen and bathroom.i stayed there for 14 days .Because of jet lag I was trouble sleeping the first few nights and went for an hour walk around my neighborhood at around 3 am. I didn't break quarantine rules by doing that. I didn't come in contact with any person at night time and also no one would call you or show up at your door to check on you during that time. Other than that I stayed inside. But at least I got payed 900 bucks for that quarantine time.
No, you did not endanger anyone but technically yes, you did break quarantine rules by walking around the neighbourhood in the middle of the night. You weren't out there getting emergency medical help, which is one of the only few reasons you are allowed to leave the property.

Reactions: YVR123

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Actually Canada has one of the strictest travel restrictions. I read somewhere..
Canada is not one of the most strict. Canada classified as being partially open.

There are approximately 50 countries which are classified as being completely closed, apart from allowing citizens and certain classes of residents to return. These are the most strict. Canada is not one of them.

Reactions: YVR123 and canuck78

Alwx

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Perhaps technically I did break it, but I didn't do anything wrong. Even if I was infected it was impossible to infect anyone . And logically they wouldn't check on people when it is time to be sleeping.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Perhaps technically I did break it, but I didn't do anything wrong. Even if I was infected it was impossible to infect anyone . And logically they wouldn't check on people when it is time to be sleeping.
You're lucky the cops didn't ' check you out ' wandering around at 3am.
Then they ask...Where you from?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Definitely wrong about Canadian quarantine rules being strict. Would look at most Asian countries, Australia, New ZealNd and others if you want to see strict and effective policies. I thank you for being responsible and quarantining almost correctly although I can’t believe anyone would feel morally correct claiming taxpayer money for needing to quarantine after going on vacation. The government didn’t seem to realize people would claim funds that were meant for people needing to quarantine after being exposed while in Canada after going on vacation. The loopholes finally closed but should have been backdated so that others would have to pay back the funds. May have prevented people from going on vacation since the summer.

Alwx

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Definitely wrong about Canadian quarantine rules being strict. Would look at most Asian countries, Australia, New ZealNd and others if you want to see strict and effective policies. I thank you for being responsible and quarantining almost correctly although I can’t believe anyone would feel morally correct claiming taxpayer money for needing to quarantine after going on vacation. The government didn’t seem to realize people would claim funds that were meant for people needing to quarantine after being exposed while in Canada after going on vacation. The loopholes finally closed but should have been backdated so that others would have to pay back the funds. May have prevented people from going on vacation since the summer.
I didn't go on vacation, actually. I hadn't seen my wife for six months , we missed each other, we got married last February. The separation was also hard on us and especially on her and she pleaded with me to come and spent a few weeks with her . So it was an essential trip, not a vacation to sunny destinations. When I was back I wanted to go to work ASAP , but the government forced me to quarantine. My trip didn't fall into category of irresponsible trips. It was for my marriage. They also said I could claim the benefit if I was advised to quarantine by the government authorities which was the case. I didn't use taxpayers money .Each month I pay almost a thousand in taxes to the government , I only took a small portion of the taxes back when I needed.And wouldn't pay back because it was an essential trip that couldn't be postponed and I am a tax payer that pay around 900 dollars every month

Reactions: DiiDii

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Some people seem to be able to justify their actions regardless of what the rules or law explicitly state. It's like trying to justify driving drunk, if you don't get caught and nobody got hurt well it must have been OK to do it.

Speaking about getting stricter. The government is talking about imposing 14 day quarantine in hotels for travelers coming into/returning to Canada to further enforce compliance with the quarantine rules and prevent community transmission.

Reactions: canuck78 and scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Some people seem to be able to justify their actions regardless of what the rules or law explicitly state. It's like trying to justify driving drunk, if you don't get caught and nobody got hurt well it must have been OK to do it.

Speaking about getting stricter. The government is talking about imposing 14 day quarantine in hotels for travelers coming into/returning to Canada to further enforce compliance with the quarantine rules and prevent community transmission.
This is basically the Singapore / NZ model. Two countries which have their numbers super under control. My friends in NZ are basically living life as if everything was normal.

Guess too many people are breaking quarantine in Canada.