+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need your help before applying asylum

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
That still doesn’t prove cohabitation. Credit cards and SIM cards can simply be handed over without living together.

ahmet2121

Dec 26, 2018
I also heard about studying there .... After studying in college we can have work permit. It looks more logical.
If you guys have any idea how it works can you tell me how much I should pay to college in advance and any college you can advice me

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I also heard about studying there .... After studying in college we can have work permit. It looks more logical.
If you guys have any idea how it works can you tell me how much I should pay to college in advance and any college you can advice me
To qualify for a study permit, you'll need to show you have a bank balance of at least $25K to cover first year tuition and living expenses. If you come to Canada to study full time, you can work up to 20 hours a week off campus.

ahmet2121

Dec 26, 2018
To qualify for a study permit, you'll need to show you have a bank balance of at least $25K to cover first year tuition and living expenses. If you come to Canada to study full time, you can work up to 20 hours a week off campus.
Yea. Money is okay . How can I find a college that I can get pgwp after it . Also can I study anything I want in that college ? For example I have nothing about programming. Can I study it ?
Thank you

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
i think you are jumping the gun here, are you # 1, Going to apply for asylum,? #2, apply for a student permit, which there alone is another ball of wax, #3, apply for a spousal sponsorship along with your asylum claim, which you have not given any specifics about. #4, Inquiring about getting a PGWP after finishing studies Fyi, photos showing you together with your SO, will not cut it with Immigration as documented proof as common law. The government has set a bit of a higher bar for proof of common law then just pictures
You are a bit all over the map on this

Last edited:
Reactions: live&love

ahmet2121

Dec 26, 2018
i think you are jumping the gun here, are you # 1, Going to apply for asylum,? #2, apply for a student permit, #3, apply for a spousal sponsorship along with your asylum claim, which you have not given any specifics about. #4, Inquiring about getting a PGWP after finishing studies Fyi, photos showing you together with your SO, will not cut it as documented proof as common law.
You are a bit all over the map
No. I have been searching forum and some people i met they told me about college ..So I saw that there is an easier way than applying asylum. I just want to get information for it also. Because I think u will tell me what is best here. I feel nothing wrong about it.

Pls correct me if I'm wrong.
If I study in a college my spouse get work permit and kids get free school.

About proof living together I understand I need to have a rent contact,bill etc. For the same adress which I don't have. I have to do something about it .

Thank you

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
No. I have been searching forum and some people i met they told me about college ..So I saw that there is an easier way than applying asylum. I just want to get information for it also. Because I think u will tell me what is best here. I feel nothing wrong about it.

Pls correct me if I'm wrong.
If I study in a college my spouse get work permit and kids get free school.

About proof living together I understand I need to have a rent contact,bill etc. For the same adress which I don't have. I have to do something about it .

Thank you
Your children do not get to go to school for free if you are here as an international student. You pay international rates for them as well and get a permit for them too.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your children do not get to go to school for free if you are here as an international student. You pay international rates for them as well and get a permit for them too.
Actually usually your kids are able to attend elementary and secondary school for free if you are an international student. The big issue is that families of an International students are not guaranteed visas for their family. Many spouses and children are denied visas.

Reactions: jddd

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Actually usually your kids are able to attend elementary and secondary school for free if you are an international student. The big issue is that families of an International students are not guaranteed visas for their family. Many spouses and children are denied visas.
Thanks for this information, I know international students in my school who pays international fees for their children to attend secondary school (TDSB) which is why I am under this impression. They were also required to present study permits. I should really let them know.

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
Hi friends,
I am Ahmet from Turkey . Ineed your advise for my special situatiun.
I am going to apply very soon but need to know if someone has any idea what can happen to me/us..

2013 i was married with an Swedish lady... After 1 year we seperated and on 2016 divorced in Swedish court .With that Decision i apply Turkish court for divorce in Turkey ..

Since 2014 I am with another Lady and we have 2 babies.. i couldn't divorce in official way in Turkey yet. That's why couldn't make official marriage yet. But as a proof we have 2 babies and we live together now.

My question is my gf will be accepted as my family/partner? I have 2 document in my hand, 1-Divorce decision from Sweden . 2- Application of divorce paper from Turkish Court ..

Thank you in advance.
What is the reason for your Asylum request?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for this information, I know international students in my school who pays international fees for their children to attend secondary school (TDSB) which is why I am under this impression. They were also required to present study permits. I should really let them know.
Their parents may not actually be international students and may just be under visitor status and that may be the reason they have to pay international fees.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Their parents may not actually be international students and may just be under visitor status and that may be the reason they have to pay international fees.
They go to Seneca College with me taking the full Paralegal program. When they have issues, they always go to our international student services, I am 110% sure they are international students. :)

We've started our placements (my firm specializing in refugee and family immigration so that is all I know) and those classmates are in family law and criminal law placements.