+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need your help before applying asylum

ahmet2121

Dec 26, 2018
Hi friends,
I am Ahmet from Turkey . Ineed your advise for my special situatiun.
I am going to apply very soon but need to know if someone has any idea what can happen to me/us..

2013 i was married with an Swedish lady... After 1 year we seperated and on 2016 divorced in Swedish court .With that Decision i apply Turkish court for divorce in Turkey ..

Since 2014 I am with another Lady and we have 2 babies.. i couldn't divorce in official way in Turkey yet. That's why couldn't make official marriage yet. But as a proof we have 2 babies and we live together now.

My question is my gf will be accepted as my family/partner? I have 2 document in my hand, 1-Divorce decision from Sweden . 2- Application of divorce paper from Turkish Court ..

Thank you in advance.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Hi friends,
I am going to apply very soon but need to know if someone has any idea what can happen to me/us..

2013 i was married with an Swedish lady... After 1 year we seperated and on 2016 divorced in Swedish court .With that Decision i apply Turkish court for divorce in Turkey ..

Since 2014 I am with another Lady and we have 2 babies.. i couldn't divorce in official way in Turkey yet. That's why couldn't make official marriage yet. But as a proof we have 2 babies and we live together now.

My question is my gf will be accepted as my family/partner? I have 2 document in my hand, 1-Divorce decision from Sweden . 2- Application of divorce paper from Turkish Court ..

Thank you in advance.
Due all my respect, I don't think that you have any grounds to file asylum in Canada.

ahmet2121

Dec 26, 2018
Due all my respect, I don't think that you have any grounds to file asylum in Canada.
Thank you for reply..
I think there is a misunderstanding. Because I ask only about my gf will be accepted as my spouse or not... for asylum I have my reasons ..
Let say about Visa or any permit. In this situatiun she will be accepteb as my partner? What do you think.

Thank you

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
So you have a proof of divorce from the Swedish officials?? But not from the Turkey?? for your first marriage

ahmet2121

Dec 26, 2018
So you have a proof of divorce from the Swedish officials?? But not from the Turkey?? for your first marriage
Hi. Yes. I have proof from Swedish officials and and application from Turkish officals which is for sure will be decision in same way byt will take time. Thats why in Turkish registration system i look like married.

Thank You

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi friends,

Thank you in advance.
If your divorce decree granted by the Swedish court is legally recognized by Canada then you will be considered as divorced.

As for your current relationship, your girlfriend will be considered as your common-law partner even if you are not married to her. You would need evidence to prove you have been in this common-law relationship since 2014.

1. What is your immigration status in Turkey? Citizen or temporary?
2. Do you, your common-law partner and your children have TRVs to travel to Canada?
3. Hope you have strong grounds to claim asylum and not the general perception of an unsafe situation in Turkey

ahmet2121

Dec 26, 2018
Thank you...
1-I am Turkish Citizen and my Girlfriend is Algerian.
2-We have tourist visas to Canada.
We have 2 kids and living together . Isn't it enough evidence that we are together ?
I must proof our relationship for 4 years or 2 years ? Because you said I need evidence to proof it is since 2014.. We are already together 4 years...
3- Yes. We have strong grounds to claim as asylum.
Thank you very much

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you...
We have 2 kids and living together . Isn't it enough evidence that we are together ?
I must proof our relationship for 4 years or 2 years ? Because you said I need evidence to proof it is since 2014.. We are already together 4 years...
Thank you very much
No, just having two children does not prove that you are in a common-law relationship.

You need to bring evidence that you and your common-law partner are living together in a marriage-like relationship. This means you must have proofs of living together/cohabiting continuously for at least 12 months

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you...
Thank you very much
Do the children have visas? When applying for your TRVs did you declare each other as common law partners?

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
Hi. Yes. I have proof from Swedish officials and and application from Turkish officals which is for sure will be decision in same way byt will take time. Thats why in Turkish registration system i look like married.

Thank You
If you have a divorce proof from Swedish officials, Canada is gonna consider that.

For your other lady (gf), you must proof that you two have been living together for 12 months at least to be considered a common law. Two babies are a very strong proof to your genuine relationship, but not a proof for living together for 12 months.

You would need a lease of agreement that lists both of your names or rent receipts or mortgage.

ahmet2121

Dec 26, 2018
If you have a divorce proof from Swedish officials, Canada is gonna consider that.

For your other lady (gf), you must proof that you two have been living together for 12 months at least to be considered a common law. Two babies are a very strong proof to your genuine relationship, but not a proof for living together for 12 months.

You would need a lease of agreement that lists both of your names or rent receipts or mortgage.
Unfortunately no rent contract with both names or mortgage but have photos for example together and with my relatives?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunately no rent contract with both names or mortgage but have photos for example together and with my relatives?
Photos do not prove you are in a common law relationship. You need evidence that shows you have been living together at the same address for at least one full year. Do you have a rental agreement with both of your names? Any joint utility bills or credit cards or bank accounts?

ahmet2121

Dec 26, 2018
Photos do not prove you are in a common law relationship. You need evidence that shows you have been living together at the same address for at least one full year. Do you have a rental agreement with both of your names? Any joint utility bills or credit cards or bank accounts?
No. She is using everything on my name. Credit card, simcard