+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Urgent Help

vmalik93

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Hello Friends,

I need some guidance in these below questions. Please help me because I am very confused. The questions are as below:-

1. I have a pgwp. I want to know that under CEC Is it mandatory to mention "Continuous" and "Will be employed for atleast 1 year after receiving PR" in Letter of Employment. Although, I have mentioned that my job is full time and showed minimum 30 hrs per week.

2. In my previous application study and work permit I showed that I was a receptionist in the hotel in my foreign work experience. Now I am showing as front office manager in my PR Application. The reason is in my country receptionist/ administrator/ manager is the same thing in hotel.

Will it be any issue? Please guide

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
1. I have a pgwp. I want to know that under CEC Is it mandatory to mention "Continuous" and "Will be employed for atleast 1 year after receiving PR" in Letter of Employment. Although, I have mentioned that my job is full time and showed minimum 30 hrs per week.

1) There is no "continuity requirement" for CEC.
2) It is not mandatory to have a valid job offer to qualify for CEC, so this is not required in the letter of empoyment.
3) n the other hand, if you wanted to claim points for having a valid job offer, you would need a separate job offer letter with those words. However, since you are on a PGWP, you would need an LMIA as well.

2. In my previous application study and work permit I showed that I was a receptionist in the hotel in my foreign work experience. Now I am showing as front office manager in my PR Application. The reason is in my country receptionist/ administrator/ manager is the same thing in hotel.

If it is noticed, it may cause questions. Note that job title is not the determining factor in assessing the skilled work position, it is mainly about the job duties and responsibilities in the letter of employment.

Fields4

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Just to clear letter of employment is different than job offer letter. If you are on PGWP then you need LMIA

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No, I don't have LMIA
You cannot claim job offer points in that case. Your employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA in order for you to claim 50 points for having a job offer.

vmalik93

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Hi Guys,

Under CEC as far as I searched you just atleast 1 year experience. I am on an open work permit not a specific employer permit (closed permit). Do I still need LMIA?

Fields4

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi Guys,

Under CEC as far as I searched you just atleast 1 year experience. I am on an open work permit not a specific employer permit (closed permit). Do I still need LMIA?
If you are claiming points for job offer then YES. You will need LMIA

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Guys,

To get the work experience points for having a year of work experience in Canada, no LMIA is required.

If you want the 50 points for having a valid job offer, then you need the approved LMIA.

Reactions: Fields4

vmalik93

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
As I understand from the replies i need LMIA If my employer is supporting me and then I can add in my employment letter the word *Continuous* and *Will be employed for 1 year after getting PR*

Is it correct?

But if I am employing without LMIA do I still need to mention these two key points in my job letter.

Fields4

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
As I understand from the replies i need LMIA If my employer is supporting me and then I can add in my employment letter the word *Continuous* and *Will be employed for 1 year after getting PR*

Is it correct?

But if I am employing without LMIA do I still need to mention these two key points in my job letter.
Then you cant use job offer and claim points. It's simple as that

Fields4

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
But instead *job offer* can I claim 1 year experience under CEC in a normal letter of Employment?
Yes you can claim the 1 year experience points that's a different thing. But the additional 50 points for letter of employment that you cant