+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need urgent help - Visitor Visa Extension

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
I am attempting to extend my mother in laws visitor visa. She has a 10 year multiple entry visa and has been to canada twice before. I have extended her visa once, but that was due to COVID, as she was stuck in canada.

Her 6 months for this trip is expiring this week but we applied for the extension Jan 7th. When I did the extension they asked about biometrics and I put that she had valid biometrics in the last 10 years as for sure when she was originally granted the visa 4 years ago, she must have done biometrics. They sent a letter today to her account that says this.

"Payment Receipt: You are required to provide Biometrics Fee Payment of $85. After making the payment, please provide the payment receipt."

I do not have the receipt of her original biometrics and also, the gckey account that we used for her initial visa was "revoked" without our knowledge and I was unable to link the old account to the new account. I made a new account and submitted this visa extension. I do not have the receipt, so I just paid it again and provided them with the new receipt.

Did I do the proper thing? How am I supposed to provide the original receipt when I do not have it. Obviously they can look at her visa and see when it was granted and that she had biometrics done.

What should I do?

sangeo

Jan 28, 2017
I am attempting to extend my mother in laws visitor visa. She has a 10 year multiple entry visa and has been to canada twice before. I have extended her visa once, but that was due to COVID, as she was stuck in canada.

Her 6 months for this trip is expiring this week but we applied for the extension Jan 7th. When I did the extension they asked about biometrics and I put that she had valid biometrics in the last 10 years as for sure when she was originally granted the visa 4 years ago, she must have done biometrics. They sent a letter today to her account that says this.

"Payment Receipt: You are required to provide Biometrics Fee Payment of $85. After making the payment, please provide the payment receipt."

I do not have the receipt of her original biometrics and also, the gckey account that we used for her initial visa was "revoked" without our knowledge and I was unable to link the old account to the new account. I made a new account and submitted this visa extension. I do not have the receipt, so I just paid it again and provided them with the new receipt.

Did I do the proper thing? How am I supposed to provide the original receipt when I do not have it. Obviously they can look at her visa and see when it was granted and that she had biometrics done.

What should I do?

I am in the same situation. Did you decide what to do?

Reactions: joeythecat

sangeo

Jan 28, 2017
I dont have a copy of that. So I just paid again and submitted the new receipt. the way its written, it says to pay and submit the receipt.
My mother had to return back for an urgent situation. Do you think they will ask her to resubmit the biometrics?