+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need urgent help---do i qualify for experience class

dreamy

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
Hi

I applied thru FSW in Dec 2014 & my application was returned as i didn't attach copy of degree with application. Review for EE show that only those with LMIA and PNP have a chance to be picked up as w/o that my score is coming only 400+. I have been working on open work permit for almost 1 and half year in Canada. My husband is on student visa so i got open work permit. Since i had open work permit my company transferred me to canada office but i was still looking after my old branch remotely. But yes i was on canadian payroll & have ROE that shows that i have worked for a year in Canada. I changed the job six months back to join a local company and have been working there. But my entire experience is on open work permit and no LMIA was sought for my case. I doubt if my new employer will apply for LMIA as 1) they hired me because i had open work permit 2) getting an LMIA is difficult as govt. doesn't really encourages it. What are the options i have now...

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
"Review for EE show that only those with LMIA and PNP have a chance to be picked up"

That isn't true; there will be draws made that do not require an LMIA.
https://instaud.io/4dB#18:00.0

Obviously it's worth trying for an LMIA, but only time will tell how far the required points level will drop. Unfortunately, it's a waiting game for a lot of people on temporary work permits.